Windows 10: Outlook 2010 problem with Win 10 upgrade

Discus and support Outlook 2010 problem with Win 10 upgrade in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and I've hit a problem with Outlook in Office 2010. The installation of Office 2010 carried over from Win 7, and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by walterono, Feb 6, 2016.

1. walterono Win User

Outlook 2010 problem with Win 10 upgrade

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and I've hit a problem with Outlook in Office 2010. The installation of Office 2010 carried over from Win 7, and Outlook is working, but it keeps on trying to install "ProPlusWW.msi" which it says it cannot find and asks me to locate it. I have no idea what this is; it doesn't exist on any installation media I have. Since Outlook seems to be working without it, how can I stop Outlook trying to load it?

:)

walterono, Feb 6, 2016
  2. JPF7 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - Outlook email issues

I have exactly the same problem with Outlook 2010 after upgrading to Windows 10. I tried enabling logging in Outlook 2010 but it does not appear to tell me anything. Help please?

JPF7, Feb 6, 2016
  3. JW2015 Win User
    Outlook 2010 Won't Open in Windows 10

Upgraded to windows 10 and now Outlook 2010 won't open. Says I don't have access privileges to the .PST file. When I upgraded to Win 10, I was forced to create a Microsoft account and PIN number instead of my normal Windows 7 login password. Since I'm
    no longer using the old Windows 7 login password, I suspect (don't know for a fact) that Outlook 2010 doesn't know who I am since I'm logged in with the new WIndows 10 PIN. Tried logging in with the Miscrosoft password also no joy. Tried logging into Win
    10 with the old Win 7 password which it no longer recognizes.

JW2015, Feb 6, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi walterono and welcome to Tenforums.

You could try repairing your installation of Office.
    Right-click on the Start Button and select Control Panel; select Programs and Features; wait for the list of installed programs to populate; highlight your Microsoft Office installation and click CHANGE above the box, then Repair.
    Update, repair, or uninstall Office 2010 Click-to-Run products - Office Support
    The instructions above for W7 are basically the same. Hope that helps!

simrick, Feb 7, 2016
  5. walterono Win User
    I guess I had a bad experience with the inplace upgrade. Not only did I have the above problem with Office 2010, but I couldn't get the indexing function to start and so was unable to use the backup features of Win 10, and my cursor kept appearing behind the start menu. So I've reverted to Windows 7. I'll give Win 10 a little more time to develop and then go for a clean install, I think. Didn't like the way settings were split between 'settings' and the Control Panel.

walterono, Feb 7, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Yeah, I have seen some problems with W7>W10 upgrades - all of which have been resolved with a clean install. Control Panel is going away; that's why you see the "split" right now. Give it a try in a few months with a clean install.

simrick, Feb 7, 2016
  7. walterono Win User
    Thanks for the advice!

walterono, Feb 7, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Cheers!

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2010 problem with Win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 problem

2. Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10: Hello, Since upgraded to ‘10’, I do have some rare issues; Outlook 2010 did work fine on ‘Windows-7 Professional 32bit Eng’. However, I due to medical reason, I did have to upgrade to ‘10’. Using ‘Pro’ 64bit English. It did work fine, UNTILL ! ……......opening the ‘Options’ in...
  3. Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10: Hello, Since upgraded to ‘10’, I do have some rare issues; Outlook 2010 did work fine on ‘Windows-7 Professional 32bit Eng’. However, I due to medical reason, I did have to upgrade to ‘10’. Using ‘Pro’ 64bit English. It did work fine, UNTILL ! ……......opening the ‘Options’ in...
  4. Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  5. Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem

Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem: I am constantly getting a request to enter my username and password when trying to use Outlook 2010. Even after entering what I think is the correct password, (I have tried others just in case I have got it wrong but I am pretty certain I am not wrong) I still get the...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade... Outlook 2010 not working.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 upgrade... Outlook 2010 not working.: Upgraded to Windows 10 overnight. Everything seemed ok this morning until I tried to open my outlook. I get the error "Cannot open your default email folders. Access denied!" I did notice that on my desktop my folder now has my "first" and "last" name instead of just the...
  7. Windows 10 & Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 & Outlook 2010: Just installed Win 10 and everything seems fine, one question though. In my old Internet Explorer I had a "Mail Button" on my browser that allowed me to access my mail and it had other functions, such as email a link etc. How can I get that back in Edge? is it even possible?...
  8. Win 10 upgrade Outlook 2007 problem

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 upgrade Outlook 2007 problem: I upgraded to WIN 10 from WIN 7. All seemed to go well until I opened Office Outlook 2007. Outlook started, however, all my folders as well as their contents were gone. It was as if I just installed Outlook. I did backup my files as PST files, but can't seem to import them....
  9. Windows 10 and Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and Outlook 2010: I am still looking for a fix for this problem - since I downloaded Windows 10, I am unable to 'unsubscribe' or follow any internet addresses from my Outlook 10. I know there is a fix because I have had the problem before, but I can't remember it. 24489
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows.old proplusww.msi