Windows 10: Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to

Discus and support Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Before the latest Windows 10 update, the quick search feature would start searching through emails (and displaying matches) as I typed into the quick... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by loll80, Dec 5, 2017.

1. loll80 Win User

Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to

Before the latest Windows 10 update, the quick search feature would start searching through emails (and displaying matches) as I typed into the quick search bar. Now the search does not start until I click on search or press enter. How do I revert back to the old quick search when I didn't have to click on search or press enter?

:)

loll80, Dec 5, 2017

2. Quick Search not working in MS Outlook 2010

I have Windows 10 and MS Office Suite 2010 Pro

Ever since a recent Windows update I am unable to do Quick Searches in email.

I can't File Save Send a document--I have to open an email then attach it.

Help?

MaryMorgan1, Dec 5, 2017
  3. sync outlook with myphone

Unless using Outlook 2010 64bit, in which case WMDC is of no use. There are multiple forums discussing Outlook 2010 64bit and WMDC so I won't elaborate further - a quick Internet search will reveal the tales of woe. Using Google gsync as an intermediate
    step seems to be a 'popular' approach to getting sync between Outlook 2010 and windows mobile phones in such circumstances. Shame on Microsoft unfortunately.

OatcakesAndCheese, Dec 5, 2017
Thema:

Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to

1. Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 quick

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Outlook 2010 search

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  4. Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links

Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links: I run up-to-date Windows 10 (2004) on a PC. I am still using Office 2010. Since yesterday (30th August, 2020) I have been unable to use any links which occur in my received emails - I could before. When I click on any link I get this message: "This operation has been...
  5. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  6. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

in Windows 10 Support
    win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  7. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  8. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  9. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659
  10. Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?

Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?: Whenever I performed a "Search programs and files" in Windows 7, the results included items from my Outlook 2010 data (e.g. contacts, messages, tasks). However, those items don't turn up in the Windows 10 search results, even though my Outlook PST files are listed in the...