Windows 10: Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

Discus and support Outlook 2010 sent email not showing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Kippis! *Wink Glad we got this sorted out. *Smile Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by slicendice, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

Kippis! *Wink

Glad we got this sorted out. *Smile

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hello

In my MS outlook 2010, emails are not showing in sent items

:)

Take a guess, Apr 14, 2018
  3. hotmail sync

My outlook client (outlook 2010), my hotmail web account both have 3 messages in the Sent Folder, however Sent folder on my handset shows only 2 messages (downlaod email from 'anytime') Why?

Tigger Ireland, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

Replying to an email from Windows Phone 7 device with a subject line, this shows as (no subject) in Outlook 2010

Hi Sergio,

For example:

• I send you and email in Outlook 2010 with the subject "Windows Phone 7 Issue" on 24th Jan

(their is no change or editing of the subject line from this point)
    • You reply to my email, on the 25th Jan
    • I reply to your email using Outlook 2010 on the 26th Jan
    • You reply to my email, on the 27th Jan
    • I reply to your email using my Windows Phone Device on the 28th Jan
    • You reply to my email, on the 29th Jan

Opening Outlook 2010 and checking the "Show as Conversations" check box under View in the ribbon.

What I see is the following:

• Windows Phone 7 Issue

>Sergio 29-Jan-11

>Sergio 27-Jan-11

> Sent Items

>Sergio 25-Jan-11

> Sent Items

Searching for "Windows Phone 7 Issue" I find the WP7 email, however it is unde the subject (no subject):

• (no subject)

> Sent Items
    Opening the WP7 email in Outlook 2010, I clearly see the subject as "Windows Phone 7 Issue" - the same occurs when viewing on the WP7 device.

This is not limited to replying, but also forwarding. In Outlook 2010 with "Show as Coversations" enabled I always see a complete email trail of all replies, fowards, and recieved email from all accounts -EXECPT my WP7 emails. All WP7 emails,
    regardless of subject appear in the (no subject) conversation thread.

Hope this helps

ForgedAnvil, Apr 14, 2018
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

1) Is the mail actually being sent -- if it's not then check in outbox to see if mail is still in Outbox and if necessary fix mail server settings

2) if mail is being sent (send to yourself and at least see if you receive it) check that option to save a copy of sent mail is checked in the options. Note in the Mail options not the server otions when configuring accounts.

Note if you have trouble setting up accounts - especially with the wretched "auto wizard" type of things you can usually get to the full manual settings via the control panel (yes still exists).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 18, 2018
  6. EDIT: This was outdated information and should be ignored

What e-mail account protocol is used?
    Does this issue occur on the device where you actually sent the mail or on another device.

If you use POP3 or IMAP, they don't support syncing your outbox/sent mail to all your devices. You need an Exchange Server (ActiveSync) account for that. New Hotmail/Microsoft mail accounts use ActiveSync by default.

GMail completely dropped support for ActiveSync.

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    @slicendice
    actually you've for once got something wrong -- normally you are OK on most things.

I'm using IMAP and whenever I send / receive email from a phone, Linux server, windows machine or tablet I have no problem seeing email on all devices.

Just using the ISP mail system (IMAP) or email from my own domain. If I'm not on the internet then from Samsung phone using the phone's built in email system through the phone network.

All works and syncs fine -- not an exchange server in sight !!!! -- any self respecting ISP these days would have to support active sync -- I'm not sure about gmail / Hotmail type of accounts - but if you use email either from your own domain or isp servers then should be no problem.

Using own domain is even better as you can then forward on any email to any other account you want to as well and sendmail still works when you are using email away from your own ISP (most ISP's these days only allow hideous webmail type of things when you are using internet away from your home provider!!).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 18, 2018
  8. Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

I think we are talking about different things now.

I am talking about Sent Mail box using IMAP on Device A, which will store a local copy of your e-mail you just sent. This local copy will NOT be synced to the mail server, which in turn will cause that on Devices B to XXX you will not see this copy, EVER!

ActiveSync works very differently and it syncs everything to the Exchange Server, including that Sent-box.

ActiveSync is a proprietary protocol and software implementation developed by MS and that has caused many vendors to drop support for such capabilities, especially those who run everything under Linux. IMAP is the most common protocol used today, outside of the Windows/Microsoft realm.

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    @slicendice

I've just TESTED this

Computer A outlook 2010 SEND mail from account 1 to account2 anywhere on Net Mail is also in Sent mail
    Computer B outlook 2016 for account 1 sent mail is visible in SENT MAIL
    Computer C Thunderbird on Linux account 1 sent mail visible in sent mail
    Samsung Phone (Android) sent mail account 1 visible in SENT folder.

Not sure what the problem is but I don't seem to have any problem with this -- actually if it didn't work like this a lot of email would be totally useless unless you only ever had 1 device.

POP3 systems will sling stuff into local storage / mailboxes but I haven't used POP3 for years.

Usually when starting up outlook doesn't it automatically sync all accounts anyway

I also tested sending mail from phone. same result sent mail "seeable" on all computers.

Logging directly on to the mail server on domain - mail is visible in SENT mail IMAP folder as well.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 18, 2018
  10. Is it using Exchange Server?

I've tested this many times on my 5 Android devices, 4 computers and 15 VMs, and it does not work on IMAP servers with default settings, unless you have configured the client to make a copy of your mail to a user defined directory or configured the server to make a copy of the sent mail to a specific box on the server. But that is different, and many simple clients and mail servers does not support this feature by default.

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    @slicendice

In your account settings for the relevant account(s) have you set this option -- usually it's unchecked or empty

Outlook 2010 sent email not showing [​IMG]

This needs to be set for every account.

Also ensure the do not keep copies of sent mail is not checked.

In addition in the general properties (outlook rather than the specific accounts) set the box to copy / keep sent mail.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 18, 2018
  12. @jimbo45

OMG! You are correct! And I am wrong!

I stand corrected! Syncing Sent Mail box actually works now between devices??? Not so long time ago it did not and I have always had to find the device from where I sent the original mail, if I wanted to re-read what I had sent.

Sorry for the confusions and inconveniences caused by ME.

slicendice, Apr 18, 2018
  13. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

Hi there

Skal

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

1. Outlook 2010 sent email not showing - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 sent

2. Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 emails: I have a website at erbacce-press.co.uk and when I click on buttons to send emails the email that appears is named 'Microsoft Outlook 2010' but I am running Windows 10 pro... none of the emails at this out-of-date Outlook ever arrive? Can you help please?...
  3. Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -: outlook 2010 has been working fine for years. Had to change AT&T password last night and now Outlook 2010 emails are not dropping down. I can get emails on my phone and at the ATT website but outlook won't configure? Am using POP3 and using Inbound.att.net and...
  4. Outlook 2010 app association for email is incomplete

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 app association for email is incomplete: Hi all, I have some files I want to attach to a new email I am writing. I select the files and tell File manager to send to email. Then I get told that I don't have an email program associated. According to Settings I do. The screen snips below show the story. [img] then...
  5. Sent email doesn't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sent email doesn't show: I use the generally useless MS Mail app for reasons of convenience. Suddenly it has stopped showing my sent Gmail emails in the sent folder. They do usually send but are not in the folder. Many older emails in the folder now just show the header and the body text does not...
  6. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  7. Outlook sent emails disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook sent emails disappear: Have outlook account accessed by Safari and Firefox . All SENT emails before 1800 on 15 march suddenly disappeared . SENT emails after that time have beenretained. They are not/not in Deleted or Archived files. NO succession contacting Microsoft and Help Cat icon on...
  8. Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Keeps Changing Sent Messages Folder: I have Outlook 2010 set up on 3 PCs to save sent mail items in a particular folder on an IMAP mail server. This works for a while then the sent mail starts being saved to the Outlook Data File / Sent Items folder or the Sent Items folder on my MS Outlook email account...
  9. No Images in emails - Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    No Images in emails - Outlook 2010: Installed anniversary update, but certain apps wouldn't work. Restored to the previous version, but now Outlook 2010 doesn't show images in emails. Have tried all the suggested fixes, but no joy. (Trust centre and registry) I use Firefox latest version. 62675
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659