Windows 10: Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser

Discus and support Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 - When I set IE as my defaultbrowser and click on a link in Outlook 2010 some links will open and some ofthe longer links... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hereathome, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser

Since upgrading to Windows 10 - When I set IE as my defaultbrowser and click on a link in Outlook 2010 some links will open and some ofthe longer links (more than approximately 25 characters give or take) aretruncated. So IE only sees part of the link and I get a “webpage cannot befound error” message. However if I set my default browser to Firefox links openas expected. Obviously I must have something set incorrectly. Can anyone make asuggestion as to what I am doing incorrectly? Thank you and have a great day.

:)

Hereathome, Jan 14, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser

1. Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser - Similar Threads - Outlook 2010 truncates

2. Outlook links to browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook links to browser: After the last update, I can no longer open outlook hyper links to a browser used to be edge.Cannot seem to find a solution in control panel.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-links-to-browser/eda35a1b-e12a-4232-a907-900b2fbbe3d3
  3. Outlook links to browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook links to browser: After the last update, I can no longer open outlook hyper links to a browser used to be edge.Cannot seem to find a solution in control panel.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-links-to-browser/eda35a1b-e12a-4232-a907-900b2fbbe3d3
  4. Outlook links to browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links: I run up-to-date Windows 10 (2004) on a PC. I am still using Office 2010. Since yesterday (30th August, 2020) I have been unable to use any links which occur in my received emails - I could before. When I click on any link I get this message: "This operation has been...
  6. Cannot set IE as a default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set IE as a default browser: I want to have IE as a default browser. I am trying to set it using Chrome. I do it in the following way: select Internet Options, then Programs but the Programs tab disappears after that. I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it again but nothing has changed...
  7. Making IE 11 the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE 11 the default browser: Our company still use IE 11 for many things and I was looking for a way to make it the default browser, anybody got some good tips on how to do this? many thx *Biggrin 125823
  8. Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook: Hi, I have made Seamonkey my default browser. When I click on a link in outlook, IE opens and I do not seem to find a setting to stop outlook doing that. Very annoying. Richard 19838
  9. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

in Browsers and Email
    New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening: Sorry, I searched but did not see another thread on this topic. This just started today, maybe after a reboot. Up until today, when I clicked on a hyper link in an email, the link location would open in Firefox, my default browser. Now all of a sudden, nothing at all is...
  10. "Sharing" links with Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    "Sharing" links with Outlook 2010: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 successfully and everything seems to be working properly (except Cortana, but that's deliberate.) One annoyance I'm experiencing is that while the various built-in Modern/Metro apps have a "Share" button, Outlook 2010 is not recognized as a...