Windows 10: Outlook 2013 -- moving to Local files loses mail

Discus and support Outlook 2013 -- moving to Local files loses mail in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there OUTLOOK 2013 -- what a DISASTER 1) Themes are Hideous (Ok I can live with that but it's not nice). 2) I don't like the menu bar... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Nov 7, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2013 -- moving to Local files loses mail

Hi there

OUTLOOK 2013 -- what a DISASTER

1) Themes are Hideous (Ok I can live with that but it's not nice).

2) I don't like the menu bar items - All In caps -- looks hideous - I suppose I can live with that too.

3) If you are away from your ISP you can't complete setup as it INSISTS that test mail is sent before completing setup and YOU CANNOT UNCHECK THE SEND TEST MAIL box on setup.

4) SHOWSTOPPER -- if you set it up with IMAP then unlike Office 2010 you don't also get a LOCAL folder created. If you create manually (why not as we aren't always 100% online) OK that SEEMS to work - but then if you MOVE mail from the IMAP folder to the Local folder the mail GETS LOST -- 100% unacceptable.

Uninstalling Office 2013 at once now -- re-installing Office 2010. Email programs SHOULD BE 100% RELIABLE and able to save folders on LOCAL HDD's if required for working on offline.

Office 2010 - nice and stable - works 100% reliably, sensible themes and installing outlook can be done OFFLINE too without having to pass the "Test send mail".

I don't know if Office 365 has these defects - but I'm not keen on anything to do with cloud based solutions.

I only installed Office 2013 as I wanted to test some of the Touch facilities -- I don't think I'll bother now until the whole package is reliable which it isn't currently. I don't like the whole concept now where everybody thinks you are online 100% of the time -- I'm often NOT online but that's no reason why I shouldn't be able to work on documents or email offline and then "bulk send" later.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 7, 2014

2. Windows 10 Mail APP export to Outlook- any way?

I have been trying for days to get my emails out of Windows 10 Mail into Outlook 2013 without success. I have several accounts set up in Windows 10 Mail (including POP accounts, Gmail, Hotmail, etc). Most of the emails are local (not longer on a server).
    Is there anyway to move all my emails into Outlook without saving the thousands of emails one at a time in eml format?

Tom Sunyata, Nov 7, 2014
  3. PWST Win User
    Solved - How to delete an account in Windows 10 mail

As of August 14, 2015, when following this process word-for-word it fails at step 4, "Sign In Locally" doesn't exist.

After step 3 there are the following options:

• Your account,
    • Sign-in options,
    • Work access,
    • Family & others users,
    • Sync your settings.
    Suggestively, within "Your account" there is the option to "Sign in with a local account instead" whereby after entering your registered email-based User password there is the ability to enter in a new User Name, Password and Hint.

It seems as though to "Sign in with a local account instead" de-links a User's account from Microsoft's servers (while still being able to surf the internet).

Q1: But does it de-link email accounts connected to the Mail app and Outlook 2013 in Windows 10?

Personally, I am failing to de-link my personal Outlook from the
    Mail and Calendar app. De-linking from
    Outlook 2013 is easy, within Outlook 2013:

• go to "File", go to "Info",
    • go to "Account Settings",
    • go to "Account Settings Add or Remove Accounts..".
    Q2: How do I de-link my personal Outlook from the
    Mail and Calendar app?

PWST, Nov 7, 2014
Thema:

Outlook 2013 -- moving to Local files loses mail

1. Outlook 2013 -- moving to Local files loses mail - Similar Threads - Outlook 2013 moving

2. Problem with Outlook 2013 and Mail (32-bit)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Outlook 2013 and Mail (32-bit): I have gone to CONTROL PANEL ---> MAIL (32-bit) and select E-mail Accounts If I do a repair on hotmail.com account I get message saying we are having trouble connecting to account. Verify the settings and make changes if necessary. I also have a Microsoft Exchange account...
  3. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  4. Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook: I have recently installed Office365 for my mum on her computer. She previously used the Mail app and I have installed Outlook. However, she is complaining that her contacts are not there. I have downloaded the official contacts from her email system but there are some...
  5. How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move windows 10 mail emails to Outlook 2013: We need to move/copy the emails sent from windows 10 mail stored in the hard disk of my laptop, to Outlook 2013 installed in my laptop? I am told Windows 10 mail does not have an export email option nor an archive one Please help!!...
  6. Transferring Windows Live Mail .eml files to Outlook 2013 .pst files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Windows Live Mail .eml files to Outlook 2013 .pst files: I have been using Windows Live Mail within the Windows 10 Operating System. I want to transfer all of my saved email (with the .eml extension) over to Outlook 2013 on a different laptop. Nothing I have tried so far has been successful. And I don't see where Outlook stores...
  7. Outlook 2013 connections...

Outlook 2013 connections...: Outlook 2013 has eight email accounts setup, none of them are from Microsoft, that works just fine. Windows 10 v.1809 has no Microsoft accounts either, local UIDs only. Starting up Outlook, it connects the these URLs first: roaming.officeapps.live.com...
  8. Outlook 2013 freezing

Outlook 2013 freezing: Hi I run two computers one a pc and one a laptop both running windows 10 with the latest updates so both on the same version. I also use office 2013 (32 bit)on both computes My problem is if I launch outlook 2013 (Part of the office 2013) on the pc it runs just fine but on...
  9. Outlook 2010 Data file import error to Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Data file import error to Outlook 2013: My employer (School Board) requested all staff laptops be returned over summer so the OS could be upgraded from Win 7 Enterprise, so I did an export of my Outlook 2010 file to work on from home- they now want all Outlook profiles below 50 MB. My personal laptop (Win 7 Pro...
  10. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259