Windows 10: Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder

Discus and support Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using IMAP , ISP is Comcast. What's the difference between Trash and Deleted Items folders? The 'Deleted Items " folder has always been... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sportflyer, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder

I am using IMAP , ISP is Comcast.

What's the difference between Trash and Deleted Items folders?

The 'Deleted Items " folder has always been empty . All deleted emails go to the "Trash" folder. Can I remove the 'Deleted Items" folder in Outlook 2013 since its never used? Do I also have to remove that same folder from the Comcast webmail page? Tks

:)

sportflyer, Aug 14, 2017

2. Windows 10 Mail "Deleted Items" and "Trash" Folders

Hi HeadDog1,

The folders Deleted Items and Trash are created from the folders that are synced to your email account. For example Outlook uses
    Deleted Items folder for items that you delete and is visible in the Mail app once you sync it to the Mail app. If your email account uses another email client such as those on mobile devices they might be using a
    Trash folder for their deleted emails.

For more information, you may read the discussion between Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] and
    ac603xb on this
    link
    regarding Deleted Items vs Trash folders.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, Aug 14, 2017
  3. riw777 Win User
    Deleted Items, Trash, Sent, and Sent Items

Y'all:

I have a windows phone 8.1, a Windows desktop 8.1, and I'm using outlook 2013 for multiple IMAP email accounts. There is one thing about this setup that absolutely drives me nuts -- deleted items versus trash, and sent items versus sent. For whatever reason,
    Windows phone will NOT allow you to change the folders sent and deleted items are sent to. Outlook 2013 won't, either, as far as I can see.

So they both use unchangeable default locations.

It's really, really, stupid that I must go to one folder in outlook, delete the email that I've deleted off the phone, and then delete it again later on.

Is there _any_ fix for this?

Russ

riw777, Aug 14, 2017
Thema:

Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder

1. Outlook 2013 Trash vs Deleted Items folder - Similar Threads - Outlook 2013 Trash

2. Trash deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trash deleted: Previously when I tried to delete messages from my phone phone is new for me so I learn a lot from trial & error--had very old phone before!! it would delete them on my phone but never carried thru to my laptop. So when I got the suggestion on my phone to delete trash to make...
  3. Deleted Items Folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Items Folder.: I have 4 Hotmail accounts signed in via the W.10 mail app. All were working fine. Now I find the 1st account I added has many emails going direct to Deleted items folder. I want these emails delivered direct to my Inbox folder. How do I correct the issue ? Thanks....
  4. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  5. How to keep deleted items in Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to keep deleted items in Outlook: I installed Window 10 on Jan 18, 2010. After I installed Outlook 2019, I downloaded all of my emails by logging in Outlook. Now I have deleted items only from Jan 11, 2020. How can I keep deleted items in Outlook from now on?...
  6. Outlook Express Sent Items Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Express Sent Items Folder: How can I set up Outlook Express so that my Sent Items Folder is in Preview Mode and shows the name of person who I have sent the email to at the beginning of the displayed emails? At the moment I can only have the folder in Preview mode where my name is displayed first...
  7. Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013: I've created a Family Calendar on Outlook.com, and I'm able to view and edit this calendar at outlook.com and in the Outlook for Android app on my phone. In Outlook 2013, I can see the Family Calendar, but the New Appointment and New Meeting buttons are disabled. I cannot...
  8. SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    SENT ITEMS IN EXCHANGE SERVER AND MS OUTLOOK 2013: We have an exchange server in our organisation and MS outlook 2013 in the office PCs are configured with this server. Unless the outlook in the PC is opened, the emails are viewable directly from the exchange server through web user interface. After opening the outlook in...
  9. Outlook 2007 Deleted items

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007 Deleted items: Hi I have MS outlook 2007, when I delete emails, all that happens is a strike through line in the text, the email doesn't go direct into deleted items folder I've tried dragging the email into the deleted folder but it doesn't work Any ideas please? 122964
  10. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259