Windows 10: Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup

Discus and support Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After starting up Windows 10 from shutdown, Outlook 2013 freezes trying to receive email. If I restart Windows 10, Outlook works. Interesting to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sstaubin, Oct 30, 2015.

1. sstaubin Win User

Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup

After starting up Windows 10 from shutdown, Outlook 2013 freezes trying to receive email. If I restart Windows 10, Outlook works.

Interesting to note: The start up from shutdown is very quick--about 1 minute, but the restart takes between 3 - 5 minutes.

Are there any thoughts why this is happening and any suggested fixes?

:)

sstaubin, Oct 30, 2015
  2. D J K Win User

Outlook 2013 & Windows 10 - Why won't Outlook 2013 send emails following Windows 10 upgrade

A number of people are asking why Outlook 2013 won't send emails following the Windows 10 upgrade.

Apparently Outlook 2013 will receive emails following the upgrade but it is not possible to send emails!

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks

D J K, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Outlook 2013 is not syncing custom folders, only the default folders

Thanks for the reply Thofikh.

To answer your questions:

1. It's an IMAP/SMTP account.

2. Outlook 2013 local mail client installed on my Win 10 PC.

3. This is the only email account I have set up in this instance of Outlook 2013. Any emails I file away into sub-folders aren't shown locally on this PC.

I can see the emails on my other instance of Outlook 2013 on my Windows 8.1 laptop.

I launched Outlook in safe mode as per your recommendation and I still can't see any new emails in my subfolders after a send/receive. I'm able to receive emails to my inbox and send them just fine, but again, if I drag them to a subfolder I can no longer
    see them.

Any additional help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

HoboJoe1848, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup

1. Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup - Similar Threads - Outlook 2013 won't

2. Email / system virus Windows 10 / outlook 2013

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email / system virus Windows 10 / outlook 2013: Good morning. On thursday 6th August we started to receive a number of malicious emails from our ionos mailboxes. These emails are copies of emails we have previously received from a known sender. Essentially, I will have received an email from a known sender at some...
  3. Not receiving emails in Outlook 2013 except when toggling offline mode

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Not receiving emails in Outlook 2013 except when toggling offline mode: Windows 7 32bit 7601 Recently Outlook 2013 has stopped receiving emails or is receiving emails inconstantly. I have checked and rechecked the server settings with Spectrum email and everything checks out and I get the emails just fine on my iphone using the same server...
  4. Outlook won't send/receive emails after last night's ungrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook won't send/receive emails after last night's ungrade: Received a Windows update last night 28th, now can't access my email accounts in Outlook. Access to other apps wiped out or eliminated, as well But I need help getting my emails. 3 different accounts I've checked that the username and passwords are correct. Help!...
  5. Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2013 will not send or receive emails from yahoo.com since the last Outlook update: Since the June/July Outlook update, I cannot Receive or Send emails from my Yahoo.com account. I have checked all the top level settings, however the last time this occured 9 months ago, the Microsoft agent reset some of the settings on a page I do not recognize or know how...
  6. Not Receiving email in Outlook after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Receiving email in Outlook after Windows 10 Update: I've spent the better part of 3 days trying to figure out WHY after the last Windows 10 update I am no longer receiving email. I chatted with two different Microsoft techs and the second one referred me to an Outlook Team (866-425-4826). I did not call after watching what...
  7. Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply

Outlook 2013 can't send email, can receive/reply: I wanted to start to using outlook 2013 for some email with the idea of possibly transitioning to it as my day to day email, rather than my Yahoo web mail account from my ISP. I have MS Office 2013 Pro Plus through my employer, it was a very good deal at the time, only $10, I...
  8. outlook 2013 won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook 2013 won't open: 09/07/2018: Issues downloading to Outlook. Took to Store tech yesterday. Unfortunately, we turned desktop on, activated Outlook and send/receive mail worked great. took home. Today, receiving following error: Need resolution. Hate to cart heavy desktop back to...
  9. Outlook 2013 and email links...

Outlook 2013 and email links...: This is my home system and I am admin on this PC; the standard user account that uses Outlook has no admin access... Clicking on a link in Outlook email pops up this window: [img] It's been going on for awhile, not sure when it started and got used of it, but its time...
  10. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending: Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email settings are IMAP Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked Incoming = 993 with SSL Outgoing = 587 with TLS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2013 wont receive mail

2. outlook 2013 wont receive email