Windows 10: Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder

Discus and support Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks I have 3 different machines currently with outlook 2016 -- mail is set up as IMAP Send / receive from any machine is visible on all the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jun 18, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder

Hi folks

I have 3 different machines currently with outlook 2016 -- mail is set up as IMAP

Send / receive from any machine is visible on all the other ones (that's correct) and on mobile phone.

However if I delete emails they get moved (correctly) to the trash folder.

However if I empty that folder on one machine the deleted mail is still seen in the trash folders on the other machines

Not sure if the trash folder is a local folder or imap -- I haven't noticed this behaviour before because I usually only use a laptop -- I've installed the latest updates both for W10 pro and Office.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 18, 2018
  2. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?

Outlook 2016 insists on creating a Trash folder in my IMAP accounts and moving deleted items there. I want to use another folder for deleted items. It was possible to specify the folders to use for Sent and Deleted items in Outlook 2010 but I can't find how to do this in Outlook 2016.

If possible, how do I define the mail folders for deleted and sent items in Outlook 2016?

Steve C, Jun 18, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed

Hi folks

sometimes you get when using IMAP missing mail on some accounts in the Inbox if you have several accounts in Outlook 2016/365. The mail can be seen in the Inbox on other devices say phones etc.

Bug doesn't appear I'm told on GMAIL but can when you use ISP mail servers - especially when you have more than one account with different mail servers / providers.

Single account users probably won't see the problem so only apply the fix if you encounter the bug.

The fix is easy enough.

simply in the change account go to more settings--> advanced and enter Inbox in the root folder

as shown here

Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder [​IMG]

Then it all works perfectly

Not sure whether to submit a bug report to Ms -- any MVP members here -- should I submit - I've details of Before and after screenshots.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder

WM6 - Set Imap Folders

I think I have the same question as ticko...

the folder structure in WM06 Outlook is as follows (sorted):

• Draft
    • Drafts
    • Deleted Items
    • Trash
    • Sent
    • Sent Items
    • Outbox
    • Inbox
    as you can see nearly all folders are listed twice, one folder is the standard imap folder for the web interface and for other mail clients

and the other folder is the one pocket outlook created.

I want to tell the pocket outlook that "Trash" is my folder for deleted mails - at the moment it is a normal folder and "Deleted Items" has the recycle bin icon.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance and bye, Ronny

Edit: the folder names are loosely translated, I don't know what the exact english name is!

Ronny_Lindner, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder

1. Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 365

2. outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen: Heb onlangs een nieuwe laptop aangeschaft en Outlook 365 op geïnstalleerd. In tegenstelling tot de accountinstellingen op mijn desktop waar ik beschik over Pop-instellingen heb ik op mijn laptop Imap-instellingen. Hoe wijeig ik de instellingen op mij laptop naar...
  3. outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen: Heb onlangs een nieuwe laptop aangeschaft en Outlook 365 op geïnstalleerd. In tegenstelling tot de accountinstellingen op mijn desktop waar ik beschik over Pop-instellingen heb ik op mijn laptop Imap-instellingen. Hoe wijeig ik de instellingen op mij laptop naar...
  4. Emptying Trash folder in Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emptying Trash folder in Windows10: When I empty my trash folder in outlook, all other folders are emptied too, this is the second time this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emptying-trash-folder-in-windows10/0ee64f4d-2725-4b33-8a02-2ee2050da776
  5. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  6. Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap

Outlook 2019 - Spamadoooo !!!! query on Imap: Hi there seem to have a really strange thing with Outlook 2019 On a machine running Windows as a VM I have my email domain saying that i have zero emails in the spam folder . That's fine and should normally be fine. Now if I logoff and re-boot into Windows as the HOST...
  7. Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP

Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP: Hi folks If I use OUTLOOK 2016/2019 to SEND email on IMAP server the SENT mail is visible only on the machine I sent it from . INBOX Mail is OK on all machines Now if I log on to the Mail servers web application all the sent mail is visible. Outlook 2010 works correctly...
  8. Emptying folder like for trash

in Windows 10 Support
    Emptying folder like for trash: Hello, (on windows 10) I'm looking for a way to empty a folder content like if it was the main trash can. .bat, .reg or shell extension; I didn't found what i want. 114092
  9. Outlook 2016/365 Crashing

Outlook 2016/365 Crashing: I have been a long time user of MS Office from 2003, through 2007 to 2010. Recently I decided to take up the subscription for 2016/365 Home with the intention of installing on my desktop PC and laptop plus my wife's laptop (all running W10x64 Home). Having installed 2016/365...
  10. Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed

in Browsers and Email
    Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed: Hi folks sometimes you get when using IMAP missing mail on some accounts in the Inbox if you have several accounts in Outlook 2016/365. The mail can be seen in the Inbox on other devices say phones etc. Bug doesn't appear I'm told on GMAIL but can when you use ISP mail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set o365 email to empty trash

2. outlook 2016 client recycle bin unable to empty the folder

3. outlook 2016/365 deleted items folder missing

4. office 365 trash php-imap,
  5. empty all outlook trash folders,
  6. outlook 365 how to set trash,
  7. stop outlook 365 trash emptying,
  8. outlook emptying my trash