Windows 10: Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book

Discus and support Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm running Outlook 2016 (v 1804, 64-bit). I have my default email address as Outlook.com. I sync my iCloud contacts to Outlook occasionally by just... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ericnixmd, May 24, 2018.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book

I'm running Outlook 2016 (v 1804, 64-bit). I have my default email address as Outlook.com. I sync my iCloud contacts to Outlook occasionally by just copying them over in my macOS address book.

They show up fine in Outlook. However, if I search by last name, the contact doesn't show. If I search by first name, it'll show.

Is there a setting that I'm missing here to search by last name?

:)

ericnixmd, May 24, 2018
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Address book

Hi Cameron,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Is the Address book that you are referring to for your Outlook account?
    • Do you want to receive emails from selected email addresses only?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you’ve done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, May 24, 2018
  3. jrowla Win User
    Why can't I access my Outlook 2016 Contacts/Address book

• Do you get any error message or code? No

• Have you tried other browsers to check for the issue? How do I get EDGE on another browser? I have four share options on the left side of the page when I select a news topic to read using IE 11.

• When you say Why can't I access my Outlook 2016 Contacts/Address book
      are you referring to outlook application or web based interface? I have Outlook 2016 mail client which has an address book, but EDGE will not access it when you try to send an email.
    SFC /SCANNOW: No integrity problems.

I talked to the Microsoft Support group today. The first person said there was a problem with Office. After talking to Office support and doing some checks he determined that Its a windows 10 problem.

The problem I'm having are ONLY common to Win10 and Outlook 2016. There is no problem with any other tile I select even Office tile.

It was late when they transferred me back to the Windows group and they hung up on me. I will call them tomorrow.

jrowla, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book

1. Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Search

2. Contacts from People to Outlook address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contacts from People to Outlook address book: How do I get my Windows 10 People address list into MS Outlook, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-from-people-to-outlook-address-book/0061408a-180a-4fac-a611-b37d85e98aba
  3. 365 Outlook address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    365 Outlook address book: I have two friends with the same email address, whenever I try to email one of them, the other friend's name always appears in the To field. How can I get separate names?...
  4. Outlook address book - Phone numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook address book - Phone numbers: Hello team Maybe a simple solution for my question, here it goes. In Outlook, I've an address book with phone numbers, if I click on the phone numbers Teams open op. How ever i would like to use "your phone" instead Is that possible and how ? What i have tried:...
  5. importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.: Okay, I am trying to "migrate" my outlook 2016 contacts to xfinity/comcast address book but am having a problem. I open xfinity/comcast and select import contacts and it says migration is in progress but the time elapse wheel keeps going and going and going and nothing...
  6. Outlook 2013 Address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2013 Address book: I bought a new PC and lost my Outlook 2013 address book in the transfer. I downloaded iphone contacts via a vcard into my contacts. However, when I type a name into the To: box for a new message, Outlook is looking for email addresses, not my contact's name. How do I get it...
  7. Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019

in Cortana
    Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019: A long time searching in Outlook when connected to an Exchange server in cached mode has been an issue. Search result does not return all, if any results. We know about rebuilding search database, but the issue happens very frequently, so we have had to disable cached mode in...
  8. Microsoft Office Outlook Address Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office Outlook Address Book: Since the latest Windows Update two days ago, all of the contacts in my Office Outlook Address Book have disappeared. It says that "The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened and it may have been moved or deleted." Help! That represents years...
  9. Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016: I imported two .csv files containing my contacts into Outlook 2016. They are now stored in the Contacts Personal Folders, but I cannot make this particular folder the default one for contacts, nor can I get it included in the list of address book folders to choose from. I can...
  10. Address Book - Outlook - missing

in Browsers and Email
    Address Book - Outlook - missing: my computer was updated early hours this morning, 13 December, but i notice now that my address book in my email Outlook is missing. how do I get it back? .... I presume it must still be there, somewhere!! 33653

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2016 search contacts by last name as a default