Windows 10: Outlook 2016 color coding problem

Discus and support Outlook 2016 color coding problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I'm supporting an enterprise client. They have a peculiar Outlook issue. Use case: They receive hundreds of emails per day to a shared... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ricecracker, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Outlook 2016 color coding problem

Hi,

I'm supporting an enterprise client. They have a peculiar Outlook issue.

Use case:

They receive hundreds of emails per day to a shared inbox, mostly contract and vendor stuff. They color code these based on work assignment. So, the senior manager mostly deals with vendor contracts. When whoever is manning the inbox sees the e-mail come in, they manually color code it. That way when people look in the inbox they can just focus on the categories in their specialization, ie vendor contracts versus some other legal issue.

Their problem is they receive so many different types of e-mails, there's no way to set up rules to color code things automatically. It needs someone to do it manually. So that's what they do. Which leads to the problem...

Problem:

Whenever someone replies to the manually color coded inbox item, it strips the color coding from the reply. This creates a lot of extra work. It's an unusual problem.

Their question is is there a way to make it so that replies to emails keep the color coding that was manually assigned to the parent e-mail. We can't seem to find an obvious way in settings to do this.

Otherwise, any suggested work arounds?

System is Windows 10 Enterprise, Outlook 2016.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

:)

ricecracker, Aug 2, 2017

2. Latest updates and release information for Windows Mail and Calendar

- Please consider adding a way to show all unread emails in all the folders like in Outlook.com or Outlook 2016 (that you setup as a search filter or a category).

- Please consider syncing the categories setup in Outlook.com and allow to do color code like in Outlook 2016 so I can browse my mail by categories.

I can achieve all of that with Outlook 2016 but unfortunately Outlook 2016 still has dumb Toast Notifications (where you could do Mark as Read or Trash or Archive...), no Tile support. Annoying when Outlook for iOS is almost perfect.

Alexis Menard, Aug 2, 2017
  3. Folders - color and background color "inside the folder"

Hello,

I have several "folders" on my desktop and I have put different colors on the folders themselves for my various color-coding.

When I open the folders I can see the various icons I have set up.

However, the background is just pure white space. Is there any way to change this background to a color/design/pattern?

*** Moved from Office / Outlook / Other/unknown / Office 2016 ***

TansukhGanatra, Aug 2, 2017
Thema:

Outlook 2016 color coding problem

1. Outlook 2016 color coding problem - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 color

2. Is there any way to get emojis in color on Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to get emojis in color on Outlook 2016: Want emojis in color in Outlook 2016. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-get-emojis-in-color-on-outlook/7a47be9b-6ca3-4ab3-97d6-dc43f1c17f7c
  3. outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016: all started with send receive error and now after trying to follow instruction nothing works anymore and cant even access old emails, would like to talk with someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016/472af38c-67c2-49bb-b2b8-3a3d053804ee
  4. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  5. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: I was given a copy of Outlook 2016 since I could not get my old Outlook 2003 to work on Windows 10. The way it works is really confusing at the moment. Does anyone know of good tutorials to help in learning process? One thing I would like to know right NOW is how to get...
  6. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2016: I just recently tried to create a new e-mail account. I was unable to do so since the usual screens to input the new e-mail address, incoming and and outgoing server information where not available. This all because of damage caused by the last Win. 10 update ver. 1809. I...
  7. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  8. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  9. Problems with Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Outlook 2016: I have recently moved from a desktop computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail to one with Windows 10 and Outlook 2016. I am still on a learning curve with the last, but after some difficulties have managed to migrate my emails from WLM to OL; still having problems...
  10. Problem with Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Outlook 2016: Hi All, I have a problem with MS outlook 2016. When I tried to open an news-server link in Mozilla Firefox 48.0.2 with outlook.exe it show me a Script error window Line 278 Char 1 Error unspecified error Here is the site (It`s on Bulgarian) but links are at the bottom...