Windows 10: Outlook 2016: Contacts deleted when upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Outlook 2016: Contacts deleted when upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I updated from Win 7 to 10 back during the crunch week ("last chance" week), and later discovered that my Outlooks 2016 contacts had gone missing.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by websquad, Sep 11, 2016.

1. websquad Win User

Outlook 2016: Contacts deleted when upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10

I updated from Win 7 to 10 back during the crunch week ("last chance" week), and later discovered that my Outlooks 2016 contacts had gone missing. Blank. Nothing.

I have all of them on my iPhone. Can I use that to recreate my contacts?

:)

websquad, Sep 11, 2016
  2. Kupuna Win User

Link Outlook Calendar(Office 365) to Win 10 Calendar ?

Mail is flowing through from Outlook 365 to Win 10 mail, but the Win 10 Calendar is not picking up events from the calendar in Outlook 365.

The 365 apps are all the 2016 version. Win 10 is the November upgrade.

Any ideas welcome

Kupuna, Sep 11, 2016
  3. Restoring Items Lost Upgrading to Windows 10

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Lost (at least) my wife's User Profile, my Outlook Contacts, and my Internet Explorer Favorites. How can I restore? If I can't, will resetting back to Win 7 also restore these items?

JamesFlock, Sep 11, 2016
  4. websquad Win User

I found my contacts on iCloud. I "selected" all contacts and then tried to use the tool (the "gear" symbol in lower left corner) to export as a vCard. I expected a popup with the ability to download the file to a sub-directory on the Win 10 machine of my choice. Instead, nothing happened. Yikes!

websquad, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016: Contacts deleted when upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Contacts

2. Upgraded from Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from Win 7: I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 via the free upgrade a few years ago. Do I need to keep my original Win 7 installation disks & Product key? 131586
  3. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  4. Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10: First, some background. My old Win 7 computer motherboard died, but I have the hard drive from that machine connected to my new Windows 10 machine, so I have access to all of the files from the old machine via a SATA to USB connection and it's listed as Drive G. I've...
  5. Win 10 and Outlook 2003 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Win 10 and Outlook 2003 contacts: Since updating to Win 10, I have noticed when typing the first letter of a contacts name in an email, the name appears highlighted, however, when you push enter, the usual function of inserting the address no longer functions. Is there a fix for this? 103187
  6. Outlook 2016 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...
  7. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  8. upgrade win.7 to win 10

upgrade win.7 to win 10: I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to upgrade it to windows 10 with media creation tool everything is working fine but I still don't have ver 1511 10586.36 I am...
  9. Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM

Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM: With all the information regarding upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 RTM I would have thought I could find something that would show me how to upgrade my Win 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 RTM. I could not sort it out. I have Win 7 Home Premium installed and have looked...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded to office 2016 and my outlook contact list is gone