Windows 10: Outlook 2016 delivers mail in "batches" rather than on arrival.

Discus and support Outlook 2016 delivers mail in "batches" rather than on arrival. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Where I'm located it is now 9:11 a.m. I'm looking at a group of 17 messages that are tagged as arriving from 6:30 a.m. to 9:06 a.m. They were all... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kupuna, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Kupuna Win User

Outlook 2016 delivers mail in "batches" rather than on arrival.

Where I'm located it is now 9:11 a.m. I'm looking at a group of 17 messages that are tagged as arriving from 6:30 a.m. to 9:06 a.m. They were all delivered at once at 9:08.
    Clicking Send and Receive doesn't accomplish anything in between "batch" deliveries. I have set the timing for >Advanced> Send/Receive Groups to 5 minutes, without any change.
    On the other hand, my iPhone receives the same messages as they arrive. I think this shows that my ISP isn't to blame. It seems to focus on my Outlook 2016
    I've researched this quite a bit without finding any clarity about this "batch" behavior. Any suggestions for a remedy would be great!

:)

Kupuna, Mar 1, 2017
  2. AbhiKr Win User

Mail app not syncing emails as they arrive for gmail

Mail app not syncing emails as they arrive even though mailbox sync settings is set to "sync as items arrive" for google mail. It works for outlook mails.

AbhiKr, Mar 1, 2017
  3. email contact list

When you say "outlook", do you mean Outlook 2016, part of the Office 2016 suite of programs, or do you mean Windows 10 Mail, AKA "Outlook Mail"?

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Mar 1, 2017
  4. Outlook 2016 delivers mail in "batches" rather than on arrival.

Hi Kupana

You didn't say which domain you are using for mail. I ask this as there were a couple of notes sent out by MS that warned you had to delete your Outlook.com account (hotmail, msn, live) and reconnect. Any chance you have one of these accounts and did you get MS's warnings?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 2, 2017
  5. Hi I got that message and all I had to do was reconfirm my password that has been set up ages ago
    Once I did that everything back working ok, I use MSN through Windows 10 Mail App
    Hope that helps

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016 delivers mail in "batches" rather than on arrival.

1. Outlook 2016 delivers mail in "batches" rather than on arrival. - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 delivers

2. MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook: Has a solution been found that lets MS tools like the Photos App and the Snip & Sketch App default to Outlook part of my MS Office 365 install rather than native Mail?...
  3. MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook: Has a solution been found that lets MS tools like the Photos App and the Snip & Sketch App default to Outlook part of my MS Office 365 install rather than native Mail?...
  4. MS Apps that default to native Mail rather than Office 365's Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 - Mail Settings Error: I was using the mail settings in Control Panel and get the error shown below but can access the settings within Outlook 2016. Is this normal behaviour or something which needs fixing? [img] 160520
  6. Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail: I have a laptop I use for business. It's loaded with Office 2016 which includes Outlook 2016. I set up my business account on Outlook. When I'm on the road I like to keep in touch with my personal email accounts. For that I use the Mail program that comes with Windows 10....
  7. Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues: I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts: L: myname@outlook.com - Microsoft account using Exchange Server plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account. All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise: How do you configure Outlook...
  8. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail: Outlook 2016 has suddenly stopped sending out my e-mail, it keeps reporting the server responded 452.4.1.0 the requested action aborted. Try again later. I tried a lot of things yesterday even re-installing Office and nothing fixed this problem. I called my Internet Service...
  9. Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010

Archiving by copying, rather than moving in Outlook 2010: When I use the Archive tool to manually create a PST file, I've noticed the e-mails are removed from the client and into the PST.Is it possible to create the archive and keeping the e-mails intact within the client? 102222
  10. Batch files default to being opened in editor rather than executed

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch files default to being opened in editor rather than executed: This is on Windows 10 x64 creators edition. I’ve created a batch file and placed it in C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Start-up, but every time I start the machine and login, I find that instead of the batch file getting executed, it opens...