Windows 10: Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

Discus and support Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I have 2 Windows VM's testing different releases of OFFICE (one with Office 2010 and the other with Office 2016 installed) Basic edition... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jan 14, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder

Hi there

I have 2 Windows VM's testing different releases of OFFICE (one with Office 2010 and the other with Office 2016 installed)

Basic edition of Windows is identical -- the same VM "cloned" and on 1 I installed office 2010 (plus service packs) and on the other I installed Office 2016 with updates. Both versions of outlook have same options for mail etc as far as I can see..

Outlook 2010 behaves perfectly -- Outlook 2016 - can't see what I've sent but I do know it does get sent because the inbox works OK

Have I missed a hidden setting in OUTLOOK 2016 -- I want to see what I've sent -- i.e sent mail should appear in my OUTBOX.

Mail servers are the same (from ISP not from exchange work mail servers) and have set to IMAP.

Have disabled email on phone while testing to avoid any spurious activity there too.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 14, 2018
  2. stewamax Win User

Windows 10 Mail - Sent Items vanish

Using Windows 10 Home 1703 build 15063.726 and Mail version 17.8700.40675.0

When an IMAP account sends mail, it is sent successfully but the mail appears very briefly (for perhaps 0.5 seconds) in Sent Items and then vanishes.

Neither it is synced to the server's Sent Items folder*.

Inbox delivery is fine.

Access to the IMAP account via Outlook 2016 works perfectly.

Further, if I copy an email to Sent Items via webmail, it is synced to Mail's Sent Items successfully.

* I had to create a Sent Items folder via webmail as Mail appears unable to do so itself. This is the usual Mail hard-coded folder-names problem because folder namespace discovery was never implemented

stewamax, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Mail App doesn't sync SENT emails

I have been working on this issue for a couple days and I've read most of the posts and so called expert advice, all of which seems to have failed to diagnose the problem, which seems to be specific to YAHOO IMAP MAIL.

I have removed the yahoo mail account and added it back in to both my laptop and my windows tablet. Every time the Windows mail app creates a new "sent items" folder that doesn't exits in yahoo web mail or my outlook (desktop). The existing folder is called
    "sent" which is where messages sent from my yahoo account in outlook or yahoo webmail are saved to. (I does not do this with Gmail which is named "sent mail in google.)

After it creates this new folder then it saves all message sent from the windows app to the sent items folder. Yahoo will then create this folder, as will outlook, but sent messages will be saved to different folders depending which client its sent from.

This is clearly a bug that MS needs to fix!!!

PaulEllenbogen, Jan 14, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

The "Outbox" is only for unsent mail so I guess you don't mean that but rather "Sent Mail"?

Anyway, what is your email account?

My sent mail for gmail (bottom account below) shows not under "Sent Items" but "[Google Mail]\Sent Mail" whereas my outlook.com account (top one below) shows in the root of the IMAP tree.

Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder [​IMG]

You can change the root folder path (that is the name of the directory that the "inbox", "sent items" etc directories are stored under on your IMAP server) here:

Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder [​IMG]

but while entering the root folder name here works for other IMAP mail accounts I use (so you see "Sent Items" under root not subdirectory) I use I never got it to work properly for Gmail on Outlook 2016 for some reason.

Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 doesn't show sent mail in sent mail folder - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 doesn't

2. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  3. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  4. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  5. Why are my Sent mails going to my Spam folder and not showing in the Sent folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are my Sent mails going to my Spam folder and not showing in the Sent folder?: There seems to be a number of quirks relating to sending emails via the Mail app on Windows 10 computers. How can I stop messages from going into my own Spam folder when I expect to see them listed under Sent?...
  6. Windows Mail Sent folder

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Sent folder: When I send a mail ,using the Windows Mail App, it sends OK but instead of seeing it in the Sent folder it appears in the Spam folder instead. Also if I click on "not spam" it then appears in my Inbox. This only occurs when sending with my Gmail address. Sending with either...
  7. Sent mail shows as code

Sent mail shows as code: Hi I currently have an IMAP mail account setup on my phone and on the Windows10 mail app. When I send mail from the Windows10 mail app all recipients receive it fine and when I go and check my sent items it looks fine too. My problem comes in when I send mail from my...
  8. Windows Mail doesn't show Sent, Draft or Spam folders.

Windows Mail doesn't show Sent, Draft or Spam folders.: The statement here https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-do-i-add-or-remove-folders-in-mail-for-windows-10-e30d69e1-16fd-45d1-b339-8a2a4db73ffe#bk_ts that "You'll see Inbox, Drafts, and Sent at a minimum and may see additional folders such as Archive and or Junk."...
  9. Outlook - to force mail to be saved in sent folder(s)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - to force mail to be saved in sent folder(s): Hi folks sometimes outlook doesn't save sent messages in spite of options settings This method always works : 'fraid it's a registry trick though (regedit) The Registry keys associated with the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder option are as follows:...
  10. Sent Mail

Sent Mail: I have a problem with my sent mail. This just started that I can't view my recent sent mail. I get some really old ones but not any recent. None of the solutions that I looked up worked. Can anyone tell me what I can do next? Thanks for any help you can give....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook doesnt show sent gmail

2. windows outlook doesnt show sent mail in gmail

3. outlook mail does not show in sent mail