Windows 10: Outlook 2016 How to clear old names when enterinh email address

Discus and support Outlook 2016 How to clear old names when enterinh email address in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there Is there a Cache or some command that can clear the memory or wherever Outlook stores the email addresses (NOT THE ADDRESS BOOK OR CONTACTS... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Mar 26, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 How to clear old names when enterinh email address

Hi there

Is there a Cache or some command that can clear the memory or wherever Outlook stores the email addresses (NOT THE ADDRESS BOOK OR CONTACTS !!!).

For example if you have send an email to say L: dogsdinners@anywhere.com and later you want to send an email to L: donaldduck@disbey.com after you've typed in the ist 2 letters you get some of the other entries starting with do including the one you want to get rid of.

Note these are NOT the ones stored in contacts or address book. I can't find any setting to remove / clear these.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 26, 2018

2. Email sent from Windows 10 Mail shows senders email address, not name, in recipient 'From' column

Hi there

I've just tried to start using Windows 10 Mail and set up a new account exactly as it is on my very old Outlook 2003 client. It works in that emails are sent and received. I have also set the email settings so that the 'Send messages using this name' is
    correct as my name, not my email.

However, whenever I send a message, either to say Outlook (cloud) or another email address on the old Outlook 2003 client, the 'From' is now showing the email address it's sent from instead of the name of the person sending it.

If I switch back to the old Outlook 2003 client and do the same emails ( to Outlook cloud and to another account on Outlook 2003), the name of the sender is correctly displayed in the recipient 'From' column and not the email address.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Koppite412, Mar 26, 2018
  3. BDH50 Win User
    microsoft sign in outlook.com

When I try to sign in to my Microsoft/outlook.com to (for example) change password the default name is an old email address xxx.sky.com not my outlook xxx.outlook.com. I have to "Sign in with a different Microsoft account" to sign in. How to I change it
    to my real outlook name to appear on the sign in page ?

BDH50, Mar 26, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

You can just click on the "X" when they appear.

I (failed to) send a message to "zzz@zzzz.zzz" and it was added to the auto-complete list (not contacts). You can delete this address by clicking on the X when it appears composing a new message.

Outlook 2016  How to clear old names when enterinh email address [​IMG]

Is that what you mean?

There are instructions for copying the auto-complete list here Import or copy the Auto-Complete List to another computer - Outlook but I don't know about editing it.

Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 How to clear old names when enterinh email address - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 clear

2. old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    old email address: I changed my email address yet I am still getting notifications re my old email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/5a42b875-7232-4e29-94d6-918dbba48fbd
  3. old email address

old email address: Hello everyone, I struggle with technology. I'm wanting to remove an old email address. The old address was with our previous internet provider; after upgrading, I went with a gmail account. I can login into Microsoft, I just want the old address removed. How can I delete my...
  4. old email addresses

old email addresses: How do I delete old email addresses from the to drop down window? when I try to send an email. When I start typing an address old email addresses appear as choices and if wrongly chosen results in email not delivered to the proper person. My research showed this issue has...
  5. How to delete old email addresses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete old email addresses?: I have a problem removing old email addresses. I use windows live mail and when I am creating a new email and type the first few letters, say for example ch to write to Chris I get Chiltern Railways who I have not used in 4 years. The only instructions I get is how to delete...
  6. How to clear Certificates from outlook 2016

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to clear Certificates from outlook 2016: I have a need to clear all certificates loaded on a windows 10 machine. The user has CAC card for connecting to his organization email and CAC card has multiple certificates loaded on it. He needs to be able to select a certain certificate to connect and authenticate to...
  7. Email address's in Outlook

Email address's in Outlook: How do I edit or change address's in my phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresss-in-outlook/018359b4-f68d-494d-9d85-04d37c6303f5
  8. outlook email addresses

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    outlook email addresses: Hi all, my main microsoft account is on one outlook email address but i want to use a different outlook email address that i already have. How do i change the main account email address please?...
  9. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: how do I remove a old Email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/e564943d-d4c6-4546-8301-394d1fe4d081
  10. Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 and Search by Name in Address Book: I'm running Outlook 2016 (v 1804, 64-bit). I have my default email address as Outlook.com. I sync my iCloud contacts to Outlook occasionally by just copying them over in my macOS address book. They show up fine in Outlook. However, if I search by last name, the contact...