Windows 10: Outlook 2016 how to recover deleted folder

Discus and support Outlook 2016 how to recover deleted folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Any Microsoft Outlook 2016 experts out there??!! I recently set up Outlook 2016 to handle my Gmail account. This led to my having all sorts of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Florio, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Florio Win User

Outlook 2016 how to recover deleted folder

Any Microsoft Outlook 2016 experts out there??!!

I recently set up Outlook 2016 to handle my Gmail account. This led to my having all sorts of folders to manage, amongst them 'Sent Items' and 'Sent'. Since I had virtually nothing in the 'Sent Items' folder, I deleted it completely and made 'Sent' my default folder for all the mail sent from my computer. I have since discovered that 'Sent Items' is actually the default Outlook folder for mail that I've sent, while the 'Sent' folder is a legacy of Gmail.

Nothing wrong so far. Except for the fact that I am now trying to set up some rules so that some mail I send goes into particular folders while other mail is simply saved in the 'Sent' folder. If I go into Outlook options, I need to save mail that doesn't go into a specific folder into the 'Sent Items' folder, which no longer exists.

I've tried using Remo software (trial version) to recover the deleted 'Sent Items' folder (and also the 'Deleted Items' folder, which I also deleted!!), but no luck. And running 'repairs' of Microsoft Office via Programs in the Control Panel has similarly yielded no results.

Is it possible to recover or even recreate a deleted folder from Outlook once it has been completely deleted (i.e. is no longer on the computer??

:)

Florio, Jan 16, 2018
  2. Erson Mag Win User

Recover deleted files in Windows 10

Hi Shaheer,

To recover deleted files, click this
    link
    and follow the solution provided by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene on October 9, 2016.

Let us know how it goes.

Erson Mag, Jan 16, 2018
  3. How to undo a "scheduled folder"

First: Sry for my english.

I called the microsoft support because of this problem, after 10 calls they fixed it with a installed outlook 2016 app + MFCMAPI.

First you need to set up the outlook.com Account in outlook 2016, then you open mfcmapi (just google it for a download link) - there you start a new session, double click at your account -> Go to IPM_SUBTREE - And there delete the folder.

EDIT:

Then go to outlook 2016, check if the folder is gone (it should be gone), then go to Send/receive -> Refresh folders

Then go back to outlook.com -> there delete the folder also.

That worked here for me.

EDIT 2: If you want, I can record a youtube video about how I did it.

JohannesSattler, Jan 16, 2018
  4. nbcaldon Win User

1) You should normally recover the old pst file from your backup.
    2) If you are using gmail and all your messages are still on the server, you can try renaming your pst file so that Outlook cannot find it and then let it create a new one. No guarantees, but it might populate this with the missing messages which you can then move into the old file.

nbcaldon, Jan 17, 2018
  5. Florio Win User
    Thanks for your reply, nbcaldon.

I still have all my emails, it is just the folder than no longer exists. I'm wondering if a reinstall of Office (or at least Outlook) might be necessary.

Florio, Jan 17, 2018
  6. nbcaldon Win User
    Oh, I thought you has lost a folder full of sent emails.

What happens if you right-click the main Outlook folder, select 'New Folder' and name the new folder it 'Sent Items'?

nbcaldon, Jan 17, 2018
  7. Florio Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't actually thought of that!! I've just seen that I can create a new folder and change the name, but I'm not sure if it will work as far as the options go, because it will not be the original 'Sent Items' folder. I'll have to do some experimenting.*Wink

I'm surprised that Outlook allows people to delete default folders if they cannot be recovered easily (this would have prevented my current problems!!)

I'll let you know how I get on.

Florio, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 how to recover deleted folder - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 recover

2. Outlook 2016 deletes Sent files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 deletes Sent files: On 2 machines, In my primary email account, If I click on Sent, I see the sent messages. If I just do nothing, after about 5 seconds the file that has focus will disappear. If I don't go to another folder, the next message will disappear in about 2 seconds, and this continues...
  3. How to recover deleted documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover deleted documents folder?: The other day my laptop had frozen and once it was loading back up, it seemed to be doing an update. Once it was back on, all my settings had seemed to revert back to how they were when i first got this laptop and all my documents had been moved into users so I dragged one of...
  4. How to recover a deleted folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to recover a deleted folder?: How do I recover a deleted folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-a-deleted-folder/e23e177c-a6d2-47f3-8baa-3a0decbc8bba
  5. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  6. recover deleted folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover deleted folder: recover deleted folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-folder/0143e0d2-3163-43ee-802f-2731c201c236"
  7. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...
  8. Outlook 2016 pst file disappeared. How to find/recover/reconstruct

Outlook 2016 pst file disappeared. How to find/recover/reconstruct: Wife's computer... Last Thursday she reported that the display of emails in her Inbox was blank. Subsequently found that the pst file named <her email address>.com(1).pst was not in the folder. It showed in Quick Access, date last accessed, file size of around 21GB, but...
  9. Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?

Outlook 2016 - How to Select Default Folders?: Outlook 2016 insists on creating a Trash folder in my IMAP accounts and moving deleted items there. I want to use another folder for deleted items. It was possible to specify the folders to use for Sent and Deleted items in Outlook 2010 but I can't find how to do this in...
  10. Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder windows.old.000 was deleted, how to recover?: Yesterday had the folder "windows.old.000" and now no longer appears, as I can get it back? There are very important folders in "desktop" that I has there, please help!!! 66859