Windows 10: Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually

Discus and support Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi folks I really am getting p***ed o*f with these 1-click installs or automatic config stuff Latest update from Outlook 2016 "appears" to allow... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Mar 27, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually

Hi folks

I really am getting p***ed o*f with these 1-click installs or automatic config stuff

Latest update from Outlook 2016 "appears" to allow you to set up account manually - but there's no other option on the screen other than connect and then it fails even if you click set account manually.

Outlook 2016 latest update  -- cannot set up account manually [​IMG]

I DON'T WANT TO D**n Well CONNECT until I've set the account up.

What's so hard of having a proper set up manually system - especially when your inbound and outbound mail servers are different !!!.

Plus the problem when you have a different user id / logon name on inbound and outbound servers.

The only way I got round this latest piece of B/S was to re-install Outlook 2010 and then upgrade --what a waste of time to something that should have taken about 5 mins.

Cheers (and irritated)

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 27, 2018
  2. JOELLXS Win User

Settings won't open the Account menu. I also am not able to login to Outlook OWA, presumably because it can't verify my account.

Original title: Latest Update (June 2016)

Since the latest update (this morning), Settings won't open the Account menu. I also am not able to login to Outlook OWA, presumably because it can't verify my account.

How do I fix this problem?

JOELLXS, Mar 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mail - Will Send But Won't Recieve (Sync)

I already have the account set up in Outlook 2016 - it works fine there.

Tony Tiger, Mar 27, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks

Update to this

Some people actually get to a manual settings screen after the connect fails but for some reason it didn't work for me. I'd just done a Windows clean install to fix some Network issues -- probably Windows was having a revenge attack on me because of some posts I've made saying Windows Networking has been a problem almost ever since they started Networking back with Windows 3 / 3.1 / 3.11 for workgroups many years ago !!!!!!!.

Problem is still there even for people who get past the first screen when User ID / account name / password is different on outbound and inbound mail servers.

After 20 Mins on FAST quad i7 plus 1G b/s internet still getting this on 2nd outlook account with the wretched non functioning of the manual set up. At least the program should have timed out with an error !!

I know the parameters / config are ok because it works fine on the Samsung smart phone where you can do a 100% manual set up. !!

The re-install of Office 2010 and update took 12 mins !! so go "Figure" !!!!.

As an old fashioned Engineer I really do believe in the adage of "The Ghost in the Machine" !!!!! Any long time experienced old School Engineer will probably agree with me here. !!

Have a good Easter everyone.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 27, 2018
  5. DavidY Win User
    I seem to remember something like this too when I set up something a few weeks ago.
    I may have gone in via Control Panel and settings for Mail; I've an idea you get different options that way?

DavidY, Mar 27, 2018
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    @DavidY

Thanks

Rep given

What a dogs dinner of a mess but the "Old fashioned" control panel had Outlook 2016 settings as per your post and I was able to set it up without any problems doing it "properly".

Restored my "fresh" W10 installation (without outlook 2010) and did it your way after installing Office 2016 plus updates. Everything is fine --not sure though how long Control Panel is for "This World" though.

Thanks again
    and a Happy easter holiday period to you -- we are free from this evening (Wed) until Tuesday !!

Marked post as solved --thanks again.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 27, 2018
  7. meebers Win User
    This morning for some reason, outlook would not recognize my password when checking one isp. I know it is correct. I had to let it do its own configuration and then it worked. I have not updated yet, but it is in progress now. Standby

After update (.2116) MS Office Professional Plus 2016, got ~unable to start Outlook because it would not open correctly" about 3 times. Now it started and got a message from Internet Explorer "Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer" Does not mention what the web site is*Confused , however it appears to be back to "normal"

meebers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 latest update -- cannot set up account manually - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 latest

2. Outlook 365 - cannot set up account on Yahoo/ATT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 365 - cannot set up account on Yahoo/ATT: My ATT/Yahoo/Bellsouth email ceased loading on Outlook 365. I cannot repair the file. I cannot delete the account. Any thoughts? Someone posted info about an authorization web page. That page suggests loading a file to my iphone. I have 365 loaded on a laptop so not...
  3. Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - manual email accounts set up --classic screens again: Hi folks For those having difficulty with Manual set up of email accounts on latest updates of Office 2016/2019/365 where those rediculous automated setup things don't work unless you have very basic type email addresses like gmail etc then just as a reminder -- 2 ways to...
  4. Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus

Outlook 2016 Please restore old Manual account set up menus: Hi Ms Please can you restore the old Manual set up menus for email accounts - or at least make the functionality of the new one (where you can click set up manually but nothing happens unless you enter an email address and then it goes bonkers if it can't do it...
  5. Office 2016 Manual set up problems

Office 2016 Manual set up problems: Hi folks I've complained about this before but OUTLOOK 2016 still tries to auto create an account even when you select "manual". It still does this after latest update. Outlook 365 might be OK as presumably you go through some sort of "subscription set up" in the first...
  6. cannot set up outlook with exchange account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot set up outlook with exchange account: I cannot set up my Microsoft 365 account with my exchange account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/cannot-set-up-outlook-with-exchange-account/8cdf4031-12a9-48ff-b102-12780d345989
  7. Transfering account settings from Outlook 2013 to 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering account settings from Outlook 2013 to 2016: Hi I need some advise. I've been using Outlook 2013 in Win 8 on other partition. I wanted to backup my old Outlook 2013 account settings and restore them into Outlook2016 because I have 7-8 email accounts. I did the registry backup from outlook /15/profile/outlook ....
  8. Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Cannot set new account Manually any more: Hi there This really is a show stopper -- Outlook 2016 after latest update - I can't enter manual settings to create new email accounts -- the whole thing has been "Dummified" to use dropdowns, This might be OK for people who fit standard basic needs such as just using...
  9. Send/Receive for Outlook 2016 slow after latest update

in Browsers and Email
    Send/Receive for Outlook 2016 slow after latest update: I think it happened after the latest update but whenever Outlook sends and receives email off my gmail account there is a long pause (about 30-45 seconds) before it starts to download and completes. It's not too bad, but I would like to get it back to where it download worked...
  10. Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016. After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do...