Windows 10: Outlook 2016 MEGA Security problem -- password shown in plain text

Discus and support Outlook 2016 MEGA Security problem -- password shown in plain text in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there I complained in my previous thread about the wretched new method of setting up email accounts in Office 2016. It's even more bonkers after... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Aug 24, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 MEGA Security problem -- password shown in plain text

Hi there
    I complained in my previous thread about the wretched new method of setting up email accounts in Office 2016.

It's even more bonkers after the latest update -- you don't CHANGE the account any more -- just shows you name but none of the mail box / server settings. You have to go into idiotic Bonkers REPAIR email account -- what's wrong with CHANGING rather than REPAIRING which implies that it's broken.

You then click on Manual and you get a screen where you can alter some settings but on incoming mail drop down it shows your password in PLAINTEXT !!! what a bonkers idea. ! Also doesn't seem to be a place to set a password on outbound mail server if different from the old one.

(Am using IMAP and it's the IMAP drop down on incoming Mail -- could be different for POP3 but not sure if anybody uses that any more).

I haven't shown a screenshot as obviously I don't want to show password !! but the office build is version 1807 build 10325.20118 click to run.

So if any other users can get on to your machine then they can get your email password at a stroke --what a B/S system --surely somebody should have tested this on the Office team -- Office is still a huge seller for Ms -- people will look at other things if they can't fix this loophole.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Suefp Win User

Plain Text

Ok so the answer you gave was for outlook, but what is the answer for Windows 10 Mail app? Or are you saying that currently it is not possible to use plain text in that app and that is why you are suggesting that I send a future request to them?

Suefp, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, Aug 24, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Send in plain text format

If you are using Outlook by default Emails are HTML Click the File tab Click Options Click Mail Under Compose messages, in the Compose messages in this format list Click Plain Text

DaveM121, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 MEGA Security problem -- password shown in plain text - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 MEGA

2. Change fancy text back to plain text writing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change fancy text back to plain text writing.: Having used fancy text writing for my poetry files.I found that I cannot use Balabolka text to speech.It will only copy from plain text writing to record.But I need help to change the text back to plain text.I use trio to write my poetry....
  3. Change fancy text back to plain text writing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change fancy text back to plain text writing.: Having used fancy text writing for my poetry files.I found that I cannot use Balabolka text to speech.It will only copy from plain text writing to record.But I need help to change the text back to plain text.I use trio to write my poetry....
  4. Plain Text issue in Clipchamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plain Text issue in Clipchamp: I am facing an issue in Clipchamp. While Copy and pasting the tamil text to the Plain text. I am not getting the proper contents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plain-text-issue-in-clipchamp/44a7b169-5978-4589-808d-44e3ce3755fc
  5. Plain Text issue in Clipchamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plain Text issue in Clipchamp: I am facing an issue in Clipchamp. While Copy and pasting the tamil text to the Plain text. I am not getting the proper contents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plain-text-issue-in-clipchamp/44a7b169-5978-4589-808d-44e3ce3755fc
  6. how fix password on outlook 2016

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how fix password on outlook 2016: how fix password on outlook 2016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-fix-password-on-outlook-2016/e1ba6677-10c2-43f9-96b2-b0885a27ba7e
  7. Outlook 2016 Password Pop UP

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Password Pop UP: Under Win 10 1709 when I open Outlook 2016, it checks each of my three email accounts for mail just fine. But, if I leave it running minimized it ask for my passwords for each of my accounts. I click OK and the pop up goes away. Outlook continues to check for new mail even...
  8. outlook 2016 password

in Browsers and Email
    outlook 2016 password: Hi, I forgot my old outlook 2016 password and would like to have access to my emails. How can I change the PW to accomplish this. I want to try this with someone who has done this successfully in the past. thx 78106
  9. Problems with Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Outlook 2016: I have recently moved from a desktop computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail to one with Windows 10 and Outlook 2016. I am still on a learning curve with the last, but after some difficulties have managed to migrate my emails from WLM to OL; still having problems...
  10. Problem with Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Outlook 2016: Hi All, I have a problem with MS outlook 2016. When I tried to open an news-server link in Mozilla Firefox 48.0.2 with outlook.exe it show me a Script error window Line 278 Char 1 Error unspecified error Here is the site (It`s on Bulgarian) but links are at the bottom...