Windows 10: Outlook 2016 on W7 Works CORRECTLY (avoid auto setup) W10 BREAKS

Discus and support Outlook 2016 on W7 Works CORRECTLY (avoid auto setup) W10 BREAKS in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there Just loaded a W7 VM with Outlook 2016 installed on it setting up a new account works up THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO. I.e you can enter all... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Aug 26, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2016 on W7 Works CORRECTLY (avoid auto setup) W10 BREAKS

Hi there

Just loaded a W7 VM with Outlook 2016 installed on it

setting up a new account works up THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO. I.e you can enter all the bits manually. Note this server is NOT an EXCHANGE server.

What hoses up W10 is that for my incoming / outgoing mail servers the name is of the form mail.xxxx.is while the user name is on a totally different hosted server like L: anyname@xn-server-name-a3b3a.is

W10 -- can't connect to account because the auto config has WRONG values in it so can't create. Why can't the wretched software say - can't auto create so go ahead manually.

W7 no problems.

Outlook 2016 on W7 Works CORRECTLY (avoid auto setup) W10 BREAKS [​IMG]

I might try an update of this W7 VM to W10 (the free update still works BTW) to see if the email account is retained.

BTW a great use for VM's when testing this type of event / problem !!!!

Grrrrrhhhh!!!!!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 26, 2017
  2. POB18 Win User

Don't want W10 at this time

Upgraded to W10. Didn't like it. Used option to go back to W7. W7 didn't reinstall everything including recovery dates that were set in W7. Had to install a System Image to get back to my W7 as it was at time of upgrade to W10. But recovery dates again
    were not included. W7 working ok but now when trying to install updates W10 starts to auto install, so I can't just install updates forW7 and I can't get rid of the Pop-ups on the Task Bar telling me to now get W10. I DON"T WANT W10 until it works. I just
    want the security updates for W7. How do I get rid of auto download of W10 & get rid of the W10 Pop-ups?

POB18, Aug 26, 2017
  3. W7 to W10 Update Failure

Contacted MS via chat on 2016-08-02 and agent was courteous, and stated that I should have been able to update from W7 to W10 given my issues.

In any case, tried to Remote Desktop with agent, but was unable to do so. Got download link from agent for USB W10 update and...

. Failed 2x to update from W7 to W10 (after apparent W10 update, PC rebooted and reverted back to W7...) using USB thumb drive.

. Decided to do clean install to W10 directly (loosing my W7 setups - no matter for this PC, and I had image backup...) and this time it did work (need to input your License Key Number in order to complete the update)....

Apparently my W7/PC combination was not able to be updated (why? don't know) but it did work doing a clean W10 from USB.

RafaelZorrilla, Aug 26, 2017
  4. Outlook 2016 on W7 Works CORRECTLY (avoid auto setup) W10 BREAKS

Outlook is kind of stupid, but i could setup all my accounts.

Hotmail (Exchange)
    Gmail (IMAP with 2-factor authentication)
    Other (IMAP on some weird server with even more weird username that does not match e-mail at all)

slicendice, Aug 26, 2017
Thema:

Outlook 2016 on W7 Works CORRECTLY (avoid auto setup) W10 BREAKS

1. Outlook 2016 on W7 Works CORRECTLY (avoid auto setup) W10 BREAKS - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Works

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DISM does not work in W7 as in W10. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM does not work in W7 as in W10. Why?: Perennial error 87. What is wrong with this syntax?DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthThanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-does-not-work-in-w7-as-in-w10-why/5ffdcd27-3331-4d05-ae09-4ef5e7eeef78
  6. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  7. W10 upgrade from W7 breaks ethernet and wifi

W10 upgrade from W7 breaks ethernet and wifi: I have an old but still excellent desktop, running Windows 7 very happily for the last five years. Finally I tried to "upgrade" this to Windows 10 only to find my Intel I712-V card and Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac wifi inoperative. No solution suggested on the web, including...
  8. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  9. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  10. Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard: Hi, OK I have read many threads and posts about the solution "ZeroConfigExchange". But it does'nt work for my Windows 10 clients. Windows 10 x64 Office 2016 Office 365 / Azure AD accounts Client computer is join with Azure AD so the users login with Office 365 accounts No...