Windows 10: Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar

Discus and support Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A widespread problem? My Outlook 2016 Mail is performing normally in Windows 10 and syncing mail with my phone. However...I cannot sync my calendar or... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kupuna, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar

A widespread problem? My Outlook 2016 Mail is performing normally in Windows 10 and syncing mail with my phone. However...I cannot sync my calendar or contacts into my Lumia 735. I get hints (nothing specific) from online searching that since my service provider (Time Warner) doesn't use MS Exchange, that the syncing can't be done. Can anyone verify that?
    My mail is transferred cleanly, but contacts and calendar won't come over to the phone.
    Any ideas about a solution?
    Windows 10 Anniversary version
    Windows Phone 10 ...1594.03084

:)

Kupuna, Sep 17, 2016

2. I can not get outlook calendar to sync with phone or google calendar.

I have tried both outlook.com and office 2016 outlook and neither syncs well. Some items sync and others don't. My phone calendar and google calendar sync perfectly but the sync to outlook calendars is hit or miss and I can't seem to find the reason.

john

JohnBerschied Jr, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Bill723 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App - Sync issues when set to "anytime" in account settings

OK, further update... Buying MS Office 365 and using Outlook 2016 solved my e-mail inbox issue. However, the calendar and contacts in Outlook won't sync with Google calendar and contacts. Argh... I thought Outlook 2016 was supposed to allow synchronization
    of mail, calendars, and contacts all in one place. I guess now I will need to use the Windows 10 calendar and contacts apps to keep my calendar and contacts synchronized across multiple devices. I wonder how that will work for meeting invites via e-mail.
    Outlook 2016 seems to work fine to keep my 6 mo inbox synchronized, but I found that I can't seem to see gmail "all mail" as a folder in Outlook 2016. I guess this is OK for me. I will just have to handle future gmail archive or search-all-mail actions using
    the web interface. Awkward, but probably workable.

Anyone have a better solution???

Bill723, Sep 17, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Kupuna Win User
    Thank you. Your solution may be the way to go.
    Does your answer imply that you also have a second mail account with another provider and that it will not sync your contacts?

Kupuna, Sep 17, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    I do have other email phone accounts but prefer to keep my contact data in one place. I also have a GMail account on the phone and I can confirm when I press + to add a contact, it picks up the contact list from the People app which is synched to my Microsoft/People account. I can't vouch for other email accounts.

Steve C, Sep 17, 2016
  7. Kupuna Win User
    Steve,
    Your reply gave me the answer. For some reason Microsoft.com seems to insist on locking up the listing of both calendar and contacts. I have no idea why this is, but when I added Microsoft.com (which I hardly ever use) to the account listing, the contacts and calendar items popped right up.
    Greg S.
    Hawaii

Kupuna, Sep 18, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

I think you need the MS account to enable your the phone can synch the contact data on your MS account (people.live) and this data then becomes available to other phone apps.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone --Can't sync contacts and calendar - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Phone

2. Sync Outlook contacts/calendar between 2 Windows PC's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync Outlook contacts/calendar between 2 Windows PC's: I have Outlook 2016 on my laptop and desktop. Both run my work email through IMAP. Both are set up identically. My calendar and contact entries on my desktop will not sync to my laptop. Both are on Windows 10. I am told they should just sync without having to transfer some...
  3. Sync Outlook contacts/calendar between 2 Windows PC's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Outlook contacts/calendar between 2 Windows PC's: I have Outlook 2016 on my laptop and desktop. Both run my work email through IMAP. Both are set up identically. My calendar and contact entries on my desktop will not sync to my laptop. Both are on Windows 10. I am told they should just sync without having to transfer some...
  4. Sync Outlook contacts/calendar between 2 Windows PC's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.: For some years now I’ve been using Companionlink to sync my Calendar and Contacts with my Android device. For the last few years I’ve been using the Outlook app on my Android device and still rely on Companionlink to sync both Calendar and Contacts. Maybe I’m missing...
  6. Syncing Outlook 10 Contacts & Calendars with iTunes for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing Outlook 10 Contacts & Calendars with iTunes for Windows: What Windows Features, Processes and/or Services are used by iTunes for Windows to sync contacts and calendars through USB port/Lightning cable to Outlook 2010 contacts and calendars?...
  7. Sync contacts and calendars from Outlook on my PC to my phone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync contacts and calendars from Outlook on my PC to my phone: I am not finding the information I need in the Help topics to be able to sync my calendar from my PC to my Android phone....
  8. Unable to sync Outlook 2007 calendar with Windows phone

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to sync Outlook 2007 calendar with Windows phone: Although I did search before posting this, I still have not found the solution. Devices and Accounts: Laptop computer with Outlook 2007 and Outlook Connector Nokia 928 with Windows Phone 8.1 Email and accounts: Microsoft account with gmail.com address Outlook account...
  9. Outlook 2016 contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can outlook 2016 sync contacts

2. windows phone contacts outlook (mail and calendar)

3. sync personal folder in outlook 2016 with lumia