Windows 10: Outlook 2016 Unusual data file path...

Discus and support Outlook 2016 Unusual data file path... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Outlook 2016 as part of Office 365...I have 2 accounts configured within it. One is a Microsoft Exchange account connected to outlook.com and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Peter B, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Peter B Win User

Outlook 2016 Unusual data file path...

I use Outlook 2016 as part of Office 365...I have 2 accounts configured within it.

One is a Microsoft Exchange account connected to outlook.com and I use this only for 'Contacts' and 'Calendar'.

The other is a pop3 mail account, used for email only.

I recently noticed that the file location for the pop3 account (see attached screenshot) now displays as ''\\?\C:Users...rather than just C:\Users...I'm fairly certain this has changed within the past couple of weeks, perhaps after an Office update?

I just wondered if anyone could comment or offer a suggestion on a fix? I've already done an online Office repair and deleted the pop3 account and recreated it, without any luck.

:)

Peter B, Mar 14, 2017

2. Transfering People contact list from Windows10 Mail to Outlook2016

Go to Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

Sign in

Click Manage

Click Export Contacts and choose .csv

Save the file then export that into Outlook 2016

Andre Da Costa, Mar 14, 2017
  3. outlook 2003 won't open in Windows 10/ can't get old contacts, archives and saved emails/ can't find .pst files on computer

Uninstalling Outlook will not delete the .PST data file stored in the App Data folder.

Upgrading to Office 365 will migrate your Outlook data to Outlook 2016 and you should be able to access your emails and contacts.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Do any of the links on zen mail at DuckDuckGo give a hint as to how you got Zen Mail [Zen Internet - Web mail service]?

Berton, Mar 14, 2017
  5. Peter B Win User
    Hi Berton...I don't use webmail, my pop3 mail account is configured within Outlook on my PC, so I'm not sure what you're suggesting.

Peter B, Mar 14, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    I'm only pointing out that Zen Mail is involved somehow since it and you are in the UK. Exactly how Zen Mail ties in with your POP3 mail service would have to be answered by them. Does everything appear to be otherwise normal?

Berton, Mar 14, 2017
  7. Peter B Win User
    My mail accounts are working fine, the only weird thing is the recent change in the name of the data file location, which definitely just showed as C:\Users...etc. previously.

It's not life-threatening, just something has changed it, but it's nothing to do with my email provider...maybe I'll never find out...

Peter B, Mar 14, 2017
  8. Peter B Win User

I just wondered if anyone else might have some ideas on my original post, please?

I've now had 3 online sessions with Microsoft tech people, all of whom agree that it's odd, but can't offer an explanation.

Peter B, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook 2016 Unusual data file path... - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016 Unusual

2. Outlook Data File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Data File: I want to transfer an Outlook data file from an old PC to a new one using a thumb drive. The thumb drive has a 14.5 GB capacity and my Outlook data file is 7,525,192 KB - but the drive won't accept the transfer. How can I reduce the size of an Outlook dat file?...
  3. outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016: all started with send receive error and now after trying to follow instruction nothing works anymore and cant even access old emails, would like to talk with someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016/472af38c-67c2-49bb-b2b8-3a3d053804ee
  4. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  5. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: I was given a copy of Outlook 2016 since I could not get my old Outlook 2003 to work on Windows 10. The way it works is really confusing at the moment. Does anyone know of good tutorials to help in learning process? One thing I would like to know right NOW is how to get...
  6. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook data file: How do I recover outlook data file deleted from recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/e6c1fd98-e73e-4e9c-bf06-6c2ae8a6537d
  7. Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2016 - Disable Displaying Outlook Data in GMail Account: Hello- I'm running Office 2016 from MS Office Professional Plus along with Google Gmail on a Windows 10 PC. I have two Outlook Data Files; one is Outlook and One is Gmail. I want to retain most of my email data locally within the Outlook Data File. The only data I want...
  8. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook data file: I have more than one data file in Outlook. How to I combine them and return to just the Outlook data file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/f6791306-702a-406f-8f04-ad859b637a64
  9. Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016: This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security...
  10. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: Address book missing from recent upgrade. Attempting to send email I click "TO:" and no address book is showing my list of contacts. Recently transferred from old pc to new pc using WD Passport. Though Passport would transfer all files and data. Cannot locate the Outlook 2016...