Windows 10: Outlook 2016

Discus and support Outlook 2016 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Plankton, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Plankton Win User

Outlook 2016

This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes.

I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security settings was not set fully/correctly setup. So I follow the prompts to do so and did so. I had to go to sign-in&security/apps with account access/scroll all the way down the page/change "allow less secure app from on to off.

Now when I open my Outlook 2016 to check my emails....I get the never ending account credentials loop for my gmail account. Racking my brain for an hour, it finally dawned on my to go back and re-do what I just did. Bingo.....my gmail account works again in Outlook 2016.

Has anybody run across this before? Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

:)

Plankton, Jun 6, 2018

2. Default Outlook 2016.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Lets follow the below steps and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + 'X' key.

2. Click on Control panel.

3. Click on default programmes.

4. From the list select the Programme Outlook 2016.

5. Select the option Set this Programme as default.

6. Click on ok.

Let us know if the above steps were helpful.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 7, 2018
  3. KK_SH Win User
    Default Outlook 2016.

Akheel thanks.

but did not help. when I tried these steps there were 2 outlooks programs eg: outlook( desktop) and outlook 2016. and I cant uninstall any outlook.

thanks

KK_SH, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016

1. Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016

2. outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook 2016: all started with send receive error and now after trying to follow instruction nothing works anymore and cant even access old emails, would like to talk with someone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2016/472af38c-67c2-49bb-b2b8-3a3d053804ee
  3. Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2016: Sorry re posted in office 137379
  4. default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE: How can I force my Windows 10 pro version 1903 to use FF for all webbrowser actions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser-set-to-ff-but-outlook-2016-desktop/6528c721-0c8f-4dcd-83bb-889e2786b3b4
  5. Earlier version of Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Earlier version of Outlook 2016: After fixing the problem with my PST file, I have discovered the way I had Outlook 2016 configured I can not do because of I believe an update came along. I don't like what I have to work with. You have to configure every different view of the same windows. Is there a way to...
  6. Outlook 2016 crashes when mail window opened or new mail etc.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 crashes when mail window opened or new mail etc.: I experience Outlook 2016 crash after opening mail window or clicking new e-mail button etc. It does not crash if the program is opened, but no action. I have disabled all add-ins, no help. Crashes also in safe mode. Tried repair installation, problem persists. Any help...
  7. Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016: I recently went with Microsoft Office 365 and when trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 desktop client using Microsoft Exchange, an error message states there's no email program associated to perform the action and directs me to create an association...
  8. Outlook 2016 affected by 1903 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook 2016 affected by 1903 update: This might be already here but I can't seem to find it. Last night I updated to Windows 10 1903. Everything seemed fine. However, I just opened by Outlook 2016 desktop client and now I can no longer see html in any of my messages (old or new). At best I see the links. I...
  9. Outlook 2016 Window Size Retention - Seeking a permanent solution, not a short-term one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 Window Size Retention - Seeking a permanent solution, not a short-term one: Community members have offered many solutions to the problem of the Outlook 2016 window not opening to a chosen size (ignoring for this post's purposes the option of always going to full size). One re-occurring problem for me is the Outlook window getting smaller and smaller...
  10. Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016: I was given a copy of Outlook 2016 since I could not get my old Outlook 2003 to work on Windows 10. The way it works is really confusing at the moment. Does anyone know of good tutorials to help in learning process? One thing I would like to know right NOW is how to get...