Windows 10: Outlook 2016

Discus and support Outlook 2016 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes. I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Plankton, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Plankton Win User

Outlook 2016

This is probably more a Gmail settings question then an Outlook question but here goes.

I use Outlook 2016 since it's release with 6 live, outlook accounts and 1 gmail account for years and years. I received an email from Google stating that my gmail account security settings was not set fully/correctly setup. So I follow the prompts to do so and did so. I had to go to sign-in&security/apps with account access/scroll all the way down the page/change "allow less secure app from on to off.

Now when I open my Outlook 2016 to check my emails....I get the never ending account credentials loop for my gmail account. Racking my brain for an hour, it finally dawned on my to go back and re-do what I just did. Bingo.....my gmail account works again in Outlook 2016.

Has anybody run across this before? Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

:)

Plankton, Jun 6, 2018

2. Default Outlook 2016.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Lets follow the below steps and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + 'X' key.

2. Click on Control panel.

3. Click on default programmes.

4. From the list select the Programme Outlook 2016.

5. Select the option Set this Programme as default.

6. Click on ok.

Let us know if the above steps were helpful.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 7, 2018
  3. KK_SH Win User
    Default Outlook 2016.

Akheel thanks.

but did not help. when I tried these steps there were 2 outlooks programs eg: outlook( desktop) and outlook 2016. and I cant uninstall any outlook.

thanks

KK_SH, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Outlook 2016

1. Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Outlook 2016

2. Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “: I have Office /Outlook 2016 - I prefer using “Passwordless Authentication “ over 2FA but was having a problem with outlook constantly prompting for Outlook Password. I have read that 2016 is enabled by default but somewhere along the line it must have gotten flipped because...
  3. Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “: I have Office /Outlook 2016 - I prefer using “Passwordless Authentication “ over 2FA but was having a problem with outlook constantly prompting for Outlook Password. I have read that 2016 is enabled by default but somewhere along the line it must have gotten flipped because...
  4. Outlook 2016 - “Passwordless Authentication “

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why did microsoft steal my Outlook 2016 which I paid for.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did microsoft steal my Outlook 2016 which I paid for.: Logged me out of Outlook 2016 after an update. I purchased Office 2016. Not the **** ****Office 365. Now it is demanding an outlook.com login, which I never used. I used my gmail account to login. I am so disgusted how I defended Microsoft. Now their plan is to provide me...
  6. Why did microsoft steal my Outlook 2016 which I paid for.

Why did microsoft steal my Outlook 2016 which I paid for.: Logged me out of Outlook 2016 after an update. I purchased Office 2016. Not the **** ****Office 365. Now it is demanding an outlook.com login, which I never used. I used my gmail account to login. I am so disgusted how I defended Microsoft. Now their plan is to provide me...
  7. Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...: I am having issues with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. I have deleted all rules, started over, cleared cache, cleared cookies, and re-installed Outlook 2016 desktop, but to no avail. I am using a 2022 LG Laptop, Windows...
  8. Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...

Problems with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop - Using MS Office Professional 2016 NOT...: I am having issues with Email Rules in Outlook 2016 Desktop. Sometimes the rules work and sometimes they don't. I have deleted all rules, started over, cleared cache, cleared cookies, and re-installed Outlook 2016 desktop, but to no avail. I am using a 2022 LG Laptop, Windows...
  9. Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update: Hi,Some laptops in my company suddenly cannot open Microsoft Office attachments. The error says the file is corrupted and cannot be opened. So, I copied the Outlook PST file to another laptop and attachments can be opened. I found out that, the issue happened after the...
  10. Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update

Microsoft Office Attachments cannot be opened in Outlook 2016 and 2013 after windows update: Hi,Some laptops in my company suddenly cannot open Microsoft Office attachments. The error says the file is corrupted and cannot be opened. So, I copied the Outlook PST file to another laptop and attachments can be opened. I found out that, the issue happened after the...