Windows 10: OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

Discus and support OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hockeypuck, Aug 8, 2015.

1. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method. Contact your ISP for assistance". I contacted them and they had no idea why nor had any other trouble calls with the win 10 install. I have accomplished one time the SFC/scannow with negative results. any help would be appreciated

**SOLVED** After much research, I found that the ports assigned for incoming were set at 995, which the default for email is port 110. steps to solve were opening outlook, 1. clicking on file tab, 2. in info tab select account and social network settings, 3. select account settings, 4. select current email profile, 5. select change, 6. select more settings bottom right in window, 7. select the advanced tab (internet email settings), 8. select port 110 as incoming or select default tab, 9. close all and restart, open outlook and click send receive button and mail showed be receive and send.

:)

hockeypuck, Aug 8, 2015
  2. PBR1949 Win User

Microsoft Home 365 Outlook for Andriod

I am using Office 365 Home on my PC and have down loaded same onto my Samsung Galaxy S6. Using Outlook it sends emails but does not receive them. Whilst my old Google Email app is still working fine. Uninstalled the Google Email app and still Outlook not
    receiving emails but does send. Also it has not downloaded all my emails presently sitting in Google Email. I am using the standard Samsun Galaxy S6 I have not downloaded Windows 10 onto my phone, is this necessary? What could by wrong?

Rgds

Paul

PBR1949, Aug 8, 2015
  3. redac1 Win User
    can't send or receive emails in outlook

I cannot send or receive emails with Outlook on my computer with Windows 8.1 and firefox. I can use my outlook email just fine on other computers with windows 8.1 and firefox. I have reinstalled firefox on my computer. I can use the account button on
    outlook and modify settings. When I click on New in order to send I get a screen with a little rotating circle of dots that goes on forever.

redac1, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

1. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails - Similar Threads - OUTLOOK 365 does

2. The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received: My email messages that I send on Outlook are not being received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-emails-i-am-sending-by-outlook-are-not-being/66906afa-1c18-4b98-af59-2207c535b5b2
  3. The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received: My email messages that I send on Outlook are not being received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-emails-i-am-sending-by-outlook-are-not-being/66906afa-1c18-4b98-af59-2207c535b5b2
  4. The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. not able to receive or send email on outlook 365

not able to receive or send email on outlook 365: Have not been able to end or receive email on windows 10 for 3 days nowcan anyone help?Gmail works fine and so please if you send info send to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. CAN'T SEND EMAILS BUT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T SEND EMAILS BUT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS OUTLOOK: I CAN NOT SEND EMAILS FROM MY OUTLOOK EMAIL BUT I CAN RECEIVE EMAILS FROM ANYWHERE. I'VE CHECKED THE SEVER PORT SETTINGS AND THEY'RE SET TO THE ONLY NUMBERS THAT MAIL CAN EVEN COME IN WHICH ARE INCOMING=143 OUTGOING=587. THESE SETTINGS WERE SENT TO ME BY WOWWAY EXPLAINING...
  7. Outlook problem(email): will no longer receive or send mail!

Outlook problem(email): will no longer receive or send mail!: Outlook (with Office 365) no longer receives mail. Mail "sent" is stuck in Outbox. I have searched all repair suggestions, even allowed M/S technician "Michael" to search my computer for a solution.; "cleaned disk" &c...
  8. Office 365 outlook will not send message to gmail accounts but receive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 outlook will not send message to gmail accounts but receive: Since updating to Windows 10 my Office 365 Outlook will not send emails - error unable to connect to network - yet it receives them OK and if I go to account settings and use 'Test' it sends and receives OK this is true of all my accounts, Hotmail, gmail and two domain...
  9. eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send

in Browsers and Email
    eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send: Hi, got new dell computer xps 8900 with win10 preinstalled. I installed eudora to c: a solid state drive with Mbx files on drive D; I can receive emails from my server but can not send--no error messages, just does not send. Can anyone help? 55493
  10. How to enable 'send as' in Outlook (Office 365 email)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to enable 'send as' in Outlook (Office 365 email): I know this is predominantly a Windows forum but given it's all MS, the 365 forum is pants and you guys are constantly so helpful I thought i'd give it a shot here. We've got a main info@ email address (which is actually just my own as the boss, not currently a shared...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 365 does not send or receive email

2. outlook 365 will not send or receive email

3. outlook 365 no send /receive

4. outlook365 not sending or receiving emails windows 10,
  5. outlook 365 does not send or received email