Windows 10: Outlook - automatic deletion of Junk email

Discus and support Outlook - automatic deletion of Junk email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there question for those "Officy" types On Outlook there's a junk email folder -- I can direct a whole heap of stuff to this junk folder - but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Feb 9, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook - automatic deletion of Junk email

Hi there

question for those "Officy" types

On Outlook there's a junk email folder -- I can direct a whole heap of stuff to this junk folder - but is there any way these emails in that folder can get deleted automatically -- doesn't have to be immediately -- say every 60 mins or so -

Otherwise it's a tedious task having to delete manually every day -- I must have offers to buy every single item in the amazon catalog, every stock market "get rich quick" plans and a whole slew of other junk.

Email these days is rapidly becoming a bit of a "rubbish" tool when so much junk gets sent.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 9, 2017

2. Sync email... nothing changes??

Nope... all setting are as they should be.

I have a Nokia 900... I receive email automatically on my phone (set - "as they arrive") I then read my email... I reply, file and or/delete....this all being done on my phone. I receive emails all day, maybe a few "junk emails". After reading them I
    might delete them or file them in a folder. I will empty the "junk" folder, and will empty the "delete" folder....so now I see (on my phone) no emails in my inbox, delete, and/or junk folders. I then log in online.... and all the emails that I can't see
    because I've either filed or deleted on my phone are all there... in the Inbox, Deleted folder and junk folder. I have to do the hole process over...that sucks.

I also have a secondary "yahoo" account... any changes I make on my phone within yahoo email...mirrors the Yahoo email online.

Why can't Outlook do this??

KenBarsanti, Feb 9, 2017
  3. Changing the amount of time an email is kept in the Junk folder in Windows 10 Mail App

Is it possible to change how long an email stays in the Junk folder in the Windows 10 mail app (not outlook) before it is deleted?

Thanks

Adam

Adamwindows, Feb 9, 2017
  4. Outlook - automatic deletion of Junk email

Hi Jimbo45

You should be able to right click on junk folder, properties, AutoArchive Tab, then Archive with these settings. Change time frame and right at bottom is permanently delete option.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 9, 2017
  5. Golden Win User
    Golden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook - automatic deletion of Junk email

1. Outlook - automatic deletion of Junk email - Similar Threads - Outlook automatic deletion

2. Outlook Email Disappeared - Not Deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Email Disappeared - Not Deleted: Yesterday, 30 days of email disappeared from my Inbox. Missing email is NOT in Deleted folder. Email later than that date is still there. New email coming in after the 30 days of missing email disappeared is still there. How do I find/recover the missing email?...
  3. Junk Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Junk Email: How do I stop getting thousands of junk emails. In three hours I had over 18,000 junk foreign emails. I changed password no help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-email/844c9891-1ba8-4a05-aa63-343a7334d8b3
  4. Junk eMail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Junk eMail: Junk eMail folder has gone from 0 to 20 per day ! Coming in so fast unable to Block due to # of Junk mails Micosoft lets me block. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/junk-email/d805b1ab-acac-4f12-a37c-aed441a5bba4
  5. Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails: Hi, outlook 365 is automatically deleting my 'read' emails. I cannot find any setting to stop this from happening. I have read other threads which say to 'go to view - current view - view all emails' however the 'view all emails' option doesn't exist. The only options I have...
  6. MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete

in Browsers and Email
    MS Outlook 2016 - one Junk Email won't delete: Thanks in advance for your help. I received a Junk Email today advertising flashlights for sale. I've moved the email to Deleted Items, but I cannot delete it. This error message pops up: "An error occurred in the underlying security system. An internal error occurred."...
  7. emails are deleted automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    emails are deleted automatically: My emails are deleted automatically and are stored only for a few weeks not more. What can I do to keep my emails until I personally decide to delete them?...
  8. Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email: Hello, I just upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2016. I go into Outlook and find there are 2 junk folders > 'Junk' and 'Junk Email' When I right click Junk Delete is grey out. When I right click Juck email delete is active. Why do I have 2 Junk folders? And which one...
  9. Junk email

in Browsers and Email
    Junk email: How do I identify specific incoming outlook emails as junk so that they arrive in the junk folder rather than the inbox? 73641
  10. Junk email

in Browsers and Email
    Junk email: When I get junk email, I click on the link that says, "Add sender to blocked senders list" But it does no good as I still get the junk from them. Is there anything I can do to stop it? Thanks, Frank 6003