Windows 10: Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc

Discus and support Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Outlook 2010 in an Exchange 2010 environment. We are having an issue with Outlook blocking attachments. It is NOT blocking them based... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stuwillis, Jun 29, 2017.

1. stuwillis Win User

Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc

Hi,
    I'm running Outlook 2010 in an Exchange 2010 environment. We are having an issue with Outlook blocking attachments. It is NOT blocking them based on extension. I have found many articles about unblocking attachments by extension but this does not seem to be what is happening. Does Outlook block attachments based off of some other criteria? I cannot determine what is causing Outlook to block .DOC and .PDF files, and I need to know how to bypass this feature. Any help is appreciated.

:)

stuwillis, Jun 29, 2017
  2. Acmckee Win User

Cant see preview of pdf in Acrobat Reader

Thanks for responding. I can see PDFs in Adobe Reader. It is when I go to anything else that it won't show front page of PDFs. For instance, if I go to downloads, it only shows pdf on each doc. It used to show the front page so you could see what it was.
    The same thing happens when I am composing an email and need to attach a doc whether it is out of downloads, scans, etc. it only shows pdf on the front so you can't tell what doc you are attaching. I used to be able to see what I was attaching. Now I have
    to go in to wherever the doc is, open it (in Adobe reader) and see what it is, close it, go back to my email, find the doc and attach. Way more steps than I used to have to do.

Acmckee, Jun 29, 2017
  3. .pdf and .doc attachments from yahoo mail do ot appear

.pdf and .doc attachments from senders using yahoo mail do not appear with the email since upgrading to W.10. In fact, when attachments to emails I received
    before upgrading also no longer appear with the email. All the emails I checked were ones which I previously was successful in opening and using the .pdf and/or .doc email attachments. I do not use Outlook. When I forward the same email from my
    phone, then the attachment appears.

Leigh Kretzschmar, Jun 29, 2017
  4. garyb0125 Win User

Have you seen this?
    KB3203467 Blocks Attachments - Microsoft Community

garyb0125, Jun 29, 2017
  5. stuwillis Win User
    stuwillis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc - Similar Threads - Outlook blocking unsafe

2. Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment: I don't see this answered anywhere though it's been asked several times.I could do this on my Mac so I feel there should be a way in Windows. On my Mac, I could setup outlook as a destination for print as a pdf. This would open up a new email with the printed document...
  3. Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment: I don't see this answered anywhere though it's been asked several times.I could do this on my Mac so I feel there should be a way in Windows. On my Mac, I could setup outlook as a destination for print as a pdf. This would open up a new email with the printed document...
  4. Convert PDF to DOC

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Convert PDF to DOC: I would like to convert a PDF into DOC . I am running Office 2010. Can it be done? 175195
  5. attaching docs and sharing docs

attaching docs and sharing docs: Hello, I am unable to attach emails and share docs via email. Jane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attaching-docs-and-sharing-docs/12520def-5747-4500-afda-963bcce46076
  6. pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pdf attachment on an email in outlook changes to .dat format: I use Outlook on my Windows 10 laptop. In the past week, I have had 3 situations in which an email downloaded with a pdf attachment. After it downloaded and I had opened the attachment, the attachment format changed to .dat & now the attachments are useless. I have gotten...
  7. Convert docs to pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert docs to pdf: my computer has suddenly stopped being able to convert jpeg docs into pdf. It seems to go through the usual process before saying; 'sorry we couldn't find a programme etc. It's always done it before, any ideas why it's now stopped?...
  8. Doc back to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
    Doc back to pdf: I didn't mean to switch to doc from pdf. How do I switch back to PDF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doc-back-to-pdf/7fa837bc-e302-4ab2-907d-2e2ccc6f184b
  9. Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement: I received mt E ticket via my Hotmail account but Outlook will not open the PDF attachment Air Canada sent via my hotmail account? I guess they are trying to force me to purchase the upgraded version!!!!!...
  10. How to get blocked allegedly unsafe attachment?

How to get blocked allegedly unsafe attachment?: Thank you for the reply ClintIgm, no, the scenario is that I got the mail thru pop3 account, the mail was immediately removed from the server (this is my setting in Outlook). After that I realized that the attachment is "Blocked" by Outlook, so I cannot manipulate with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone outlook blocking pdf