Windows 10: Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars

Discus and support Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Dear Spice & I have Outlook.com accounts (both updated), with calendars shared with each other on Outlook.com (co-owner access level). We can update... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gpstoloff, Nov 18, 2016.

1. gpstoloff Win User

Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars

Dear Spice & I have Outlook.com accounts (both updated), with calendars shared with each other on Outlook.com (co-owner access level).

We can update each other's calendar directly on Outlook.com and in W10 Calendar. However, despite being configured as Exchange ActiveSync accounts, Outlook 2016 (and Outlook for Android) will only allow view-only access!

O16 is saying that "You do not have authorization to make changes to this folder."

This seems to require direct access to an Exchange server to change the folder configuration, for an EAS connection. *Confused

If Outlook.com is an Outlook 365 service running EAS, how can we tell Outlook 2016 to permit the full sharing access as authorized on Outlook Calendar.com?

This is probably affecting a lot of personal users who can't afford the infrastructure to run their own Exchange servers, just to share calendars.

(We are some of the refugees from Windows Live Mail, orphaned by the Outlook 365 conversion. That's why we're trying both O16 and Outlook for Android -- our eventual goal is to enable updating each other's calendars from our Android phones.)

:)

gpstoloff, Nov 18, 2016
  2. Mark Bu Win User

Microsoft Creator 1703 Mail App

The article
    Compare Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 with Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013
    states the following:

The Mail and Calendar apps on Windows 10 provide a basic, touch-friendly email and calendar application that is great for use with personal email services, and comes free with every Windows 10 device.

Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 also are available for Windows 10 devices, with the purchase of Office 2013, Office 2016, or Office 365. Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 are the leading applications for professional email, calendar, contacts, and task management,
    for those who want the richest feature set for email and calendaring.

Mark Bu, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Wanting to start over in Outlook.com

Hi,

I have recently been trying to set up Outlook 2016, Outlook.com and Windows 10 Calendar but things seem to have gone totally wrong.

First, I used to use 'One Calendar' as my desktop calendar and would manually add activities and birthdays into it.

I have since had a revamp of my processes and have decided to use Outlook 2016 as my calendar as it shows birthdays from my contacts list.

I like the idea of having a separate calendar open so was trying to link Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Calendar, in doing so I have some how managed to really mess things up and now I want to delete all calendars from Outlook.com and Windows 10 Calendar and
    start again. Unfortunately it will not let me delete my default calendar and also will not let me assign a different calendar as the default. I am also unable to add a holiday calendar in Outlook.com.

So before I started making this mess my system ran like this.

Outlook 2016 brought in my emails and had my contacts in it but only email addresses. One Calendar had all my activities and birthdays in it and I somehow had linked it to Outlook.com so that I could share it to my other laptop.

Now what I am wanting to achieve is..

I want all my emails only in Outlook 2016, my contacts in Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 People, my calendar in Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Calendar. I will be doing all updating inside Outlook 2016.

I hope I have not confused you as much as I am confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No20SQNATC, Nov 18, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

When you setup an outlook.com email account in Outlook 2013 or 2016 automatically, it will be set up as MAPI / Microsoft Exchange account and you will only be able to view calendars shared with you.

To be able to edit calendars shared with you, you have to select manual setup when adding an outlook.com account and select Exchange ActiveSync:

Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars [​IMG]

The Exchange ActiveSync server for all outlook.com / hotmail.com / msn.com / live.com email addresses is eas.outlook.com:

Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars [​IMG]

Now you will be able to edit shared calendars.

If and when an email account is already set up in Outlook as Microsoft Exchange, it cannot be converted to Exchange ActiveSync. You need to remove the account from Outlook and add it again selecting manual setup and Exchange ActiveSync.

5. gpstoloff Win User
    That solved everything. Many thanks!

gpstoloff, Nov 19, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars - Similar Threads - Outlook Calendar com

2. Outlook Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Calendar: I read an article that stated that the calendar would be replaced with the Outlook Calendar in Windows 11. My laptop does not have Windows 11 on it but it switched from the original calendar application to the Outlook Calendar. How do I switch it back?...
  3. calendar on outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    calendar on outlook: why you push people to use outlook calender? its not good, its suck, how to still use the old calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-on-outlook/a85880d3-1f7f-4d58-bd6f-0f712b90f793
  4. Outlook Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Calendar: How can I sync my microsoft 365 Outlook Calendar with my Samsung G7 phone calendar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/e8eabcdf-8460-4629-a29b-8196b995f719
  5. Outlook Calendar

Outlook Calendar: I am unable to see the Jewish holidays on my Outlook calendar. I have done the below and it does not work. Please assist me. Thanks, *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Add holidays to your calendar in Outlook for Windows Click File > Options > Calendar. Under...
  6. Outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook calendar: How do I delete an appointment on my Outlook calendar? For some reason, I am now unable to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/3c6c4c2a-3c55-4139-a34b-143f6f25ca2b
  7. Outlook Calendar

Outlook Calendar: when I change my font style in outlook calendar, as soon as I step away, but calendar defaults back to another style? Why does the changed style not stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-calendar/5eba0318-53da-4805-8282-95f68621e1c2
  8. Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email: Windows 10 home Office professional Plus 2016. version 1808 Recently got a new desktop up and running with the above software installed. The Installed default had notifications (audible and the visual that comes shooting in from the lower right corner) for both email and...
  9. Outlook 2016 Calendar Integration with Cortana

Outlook 2016 Calendar Integration with Cortana: Hi guys, How can I change my default 'Calendar' app to use my Outlook 2016? So that when say "Hey Cortana", she can make appointments to my calendar managed by Outlook 2016? Thanks 19343
  10. Outlook 2016 Profile Calendar Issue

Outlook 2016 Profile Calendar Issue: I have a user that works for a subsidiary of our company. He is not on our Exchange server, but uses a Business Mail account through 1and1. The account uses POP3/IMAP, unfortunately. Now, his Outlook has two Profiles created for the same address. One is for in the office,...