Windows 10: Outlook Cannot Send Mail

Discus and support Outlook Cannot Send Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I did the windows 10 upgrade yesterday and since then my Outlook 2010 cannot send mail. It receives mail as it should without any issues. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DirtRider, Jul 30, 2015.

1. DirtRider Win User

Outlook Cannot Send Mail

I did the windows 10 upgrade yesterday and since then my Outlook 2010 cannot send mail. It receives mail as it should without any issues. I have multiple emails accounts with different vendors and it is doing the same on all of them so I have ruled out it being a hosting issue.

I have also disabled all my internet security and firewall but that did not help at all?

:)

DirtRider, Jul 30, 2015

2. email

The windows ten mail envelope for email stops working and is not synced with outlook dot com to rec. I cannot send any emails from outlook mail but I can send from gmail. I have to use gmail to send because both programs will not send from windows 10 or
    outlook dot com

stanleysofferman, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Send to Win 10 Mail App

I like the mail app so much I stop using Outlook altogether. However, I cannot seem to be able to right-click on a file / send to mail recipient and use the mail app to send the file. It always sends me to Outlook. I have changed ALL THE OPTIONS I needed
    to change and yes, the default mail app is the correct one and not Outlook. Please help.

Fernando Arana, Jul 30, 2015
  4. rewind Win User

Outlook Cannot Send Mail

Yep, same thing happened to me on 2 computers. You would think Microsoft would have at least it's own programs sorted for the launch. Anyway, here is the fix:
    1. Open a command prompt from the start menu as Administrator.
    2. type sfc /scannow
    3. Windows will scan your system files and repair corrupted ones (why they are corrupted who knows).
    4. Do a reboot and I am sure your emails will work again.

rewind, Jul 30, 2015
  5. DirtRider Win User
    Thanks now I need to wait till tonight when I get home to try it, thanks for the information

DirtRider, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Note that you may need to run sfc /scannow more than once, do it until it reports no errors.

nigelmercier, Jul 30, 2015
  7. DirtRider Win User
    Thanks I had to run it twice and now it is all working

DirtRider, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Bvoxy Win User

Outlook Cannot Send Mail

Worked like a dream and thanks for posting. Fixed the SMTP issue with message saying it could not detect a network so constant send errors. Outlook 2013. Only needed to run it once and one restart as advised. Thanks again.

Bvoxy, Aug 7, 2015
  9. divil Win User
    Thanks this worked for me with just one run through! *Smile

divil, Aug 12, 2015
  10. Braxs Win User
    Thank you so much, worked perfectly. It's been driving me mad all week *Smile

Braxs, Aug 15, 2015
  11. Ron99 Win User
    thank you!!

Ron99, Aug 15, 2015
  12. Keenu Win User
    this really helped, it has solved mine. thanks and thumbs up.
    Keep the great work burning, thumbs up.

Keenu, Aug 30, 2015
  13. Tradedog Win User

Outlook Cannot Send Mail

I have tried the above twice and still unable to send from Outlook 13 (Office 365)(Win 10). I have deleted 2 read receipts which were stuck in the outbox. Still cannot send.
    I have several Gmail accounts running fine from same Outlook.
    The error message says
    "Sending reported error 0x800CCC0FServer responded: 550 isn't on our network to be able to send mail"
    Have checked this error code with MS and it comes up with information from 2003! XP!
    Have run the scan twice and rebooted. No Faults found.
    Any help gratefully received.

Tradedog, Nov 25, 2015
  14. Tradedog Win User
    I have tried the above twice and still unable to send from Outlook 13 (Office 365)(Win 10). I have deleted 2 read receipts which were stuck in the outbox. Still cannot send.
    I have several Gmail accounts running fine from same Outlook.
    The error message says
    "Sending reported error 0x800CCC0FServer responded: 550 isn't on our network to be able to send mail"
    Have checked this error code with MS and it comes up with information from 2003! XP!
    Have run the scan twice and rebooted. No Faults found.
    Any help gratefully received.

Tradedog, Nov 25, 2015
  15. Riverpinn Win User
    I have suddenly had problems sending messages from Outlook 2003 on my Windows 10 PC. It might be coincidence but, having tried everything else, I decided to try compacting all my mail folders (like the old compact and repair option in Access). Select File > Data File Management. Select a mail folder and click the Settings button. Then click Compact Now. Having compacted them all I can now send emails again.

Riverpinn, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

Outlook Cannot Send Mail

1. Outlook Cannot Send Mail - Similar Threads - Outlook Cannot Send

2. New Outlook not letting me send mail.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Outlook not letting me send mail.: in the new Outlook app, which appeared after toggling new Outlook in mail and calendar, the "new mail" button is seemingly absent. submitted by /u/MistaNoob1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16wuw2q/new_outlook_not_letting_me_send_mail/
  3. Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot send mail in windows 10 mail: I can send mail but it won't arrive at the recipient and I can also receive mail. I checked theSent Mail tab and the mail I just sent wasn't there. I've reset the app and the problem still continues. I sent a mail from Gmail and it worked but not on windows 10. Is there a...
  4. mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive

mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive: mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive. What is the remedy? thanks jp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailoutlook-mail/8fd6a777-8d82-4ca3-9c0a-cb090ddac574
  5. outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook with g-mail pop-ups constantly must sign in cannot send 4e-mail: outlook email unusable with gmail pop ups sign in constantly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-with-g-mail-pop-ups-constantly-must-sign/88d06edc-d2a8-4696-96ae-5f03e457ea86
  6. New Laptop Outlook receives mail but will not send it

New Laptop Outlook receives mail but will not send it: Set up email on son's new windows 10 laptop. Set up outlook.com email address. Sent some emails to this new address which have been received. However I cannot send any emails...get error saying "we weren't able to send this message" …….???...
  7. Cannot send mail from Outlook 2007 after upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot send mail from Outlook 2007 after upgrade: Yesterday I installed the win10 "November major upgrade" to my Win10 system. I upgraded to Win10 couple of months ago from Win7. There were some problems then but I managed to fix them. After yesterday's upgrade some of the problems reappeared. I had hard time to recall HOW I...
  8. Cannot send to windows mail

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot send to windows mail: Hello, When right click on a file and try to send it to windows mail as attachment I get the message below, [img] 98453
  9. Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 not sending e-mail: Outlook 2016 has suddenly stopped sending out my e-mail, it keeps reporting the server responded 452.4.1.0 the requested action aborted. Try again later. I tried a lot of things yesterday even re-installing Office and nothing fixed this problem. I called my Internet Service...
  10. Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Send-to mail recipient association to Outlook but should be to Mail: I recently visited my sister and set up a new computer for her with Windows 10, MS Office 2016 professional and using the Windows Mail. She is as pleased as punch but when wanting to send jpegs to a mail recipient (and resize them accordingly) it asks her to create a new...