Windows 10: Outlook closes after asking about security certificate

Discus and support Outlook closes after asking about security certificate in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have most recent version of Outlook for Windows Ten with six e-mail accounts. It has operated without a problem since installation -- about two weeks... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by theriverstone, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Outlook closes after asking about security certificate

I have most recent version of Outlook for Windows Ten with six e-mail accounts. It has operated without a problem since installation -- about two weeks ago. It has always asked me if I will accept the security certificate from one of my e-mail providers. Whether or not I accept, I have always been able to continue with my other accounts. Now, however, it asks asks me to accept the security certificate, but Outlook closes immediately, whether or not I accept the security certificate.

:)

theriverstone, Apr 7, 2018

2. Cannot setup Exchange email

Dear Rory

I cannot find the security/padlock icon on the OWA logon page. After login to the OWA I also cannot find the security/padlock icon. I search everywhere but cannot find anything about Certificates. So I cannot proceed on your proposed steps.

I have tried the connectmail.pb7 certificate and also created the cer certificate from Outlook, email to hotmail account and install as certificates into the WP7 phone. But these did not help to sync.

David Tan HK, Apr 7, 2018
  3. lumia800 V.S Outlook Server 2003

Dear Listener:

In the sub-folder of "Trusted Root Certification Authorities", there's many kind of certification for secure mail server authorities.

From the File name, I can't find the keyword about "outlook 2003"

so, It's difficult to choose which one is relative to certificate Outlook Server

P.H

PehuangChen, Apr 7, 2018
  4. Outlook closes after asking about security certificate

Hi theriverstone. Welcome to the Tenforums @theriverstone

I think the first move is to remove the account. Might have to disconnect from net to allow you to perform.

I had something similar, not necessarily the same, in that I was using a mail service and was told the server address contained my surname name. In fact the cert it was passing back to outlook was the corporation I was hosting with.

So I would contact the support team for your mail service and explain the situation. Likely they will give you a different server name to connect to, that is if your problem is similar to mine.

In any event they should be able to explain how to resolve the message with their system.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

Outlook closes after asking about security certificate

1. Outlook closes after asking about security certificate - Similar Threads - Outlook closes asking

2. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  3. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  4. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 20H2 update: "Windows Security's" Publisher Certificate "Expired" but "Certificate is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/winfeeling [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9od9d/after_20h2_update_windows_securitys_publisher/
  6. security certificate not verified.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    security certificate not verified.: I use outlook for my emails. When I send the first email of the day a dialogue box appears stating that the server I am connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. It states the target principal name is incorrect. Is this a problem with my system...
  7. Certificate security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certificate security: I have noticed my computers are acting weird. Anti-malware has been run on both computers. My laptop started a download called "ELERA". This is said to be a touch pad driver however this is not the case. My desktop has an usual traffic as well there, applications are opening...
  8. security certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security certificate: I keep getting a security certificate warning because the one I have is outdated. How do I get a current one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-certificate/50fb16c8-dc1a-402f-8283-d483aaf7eeef"
  9. Security Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Certificate: I think I have been scammed by a business. They supposedly help me when my computer has issues. They called and said {and showed me} that I have all of these error messages because my security certificate has expired. They want a rather hefty sum to reinstate my certificate....
  10. Office Outlook Security Certificate Out of Date.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Outlook Security Certificate Out of Date.: I keep getting the attached Security Certificate warning on my computer when I open Office Outlook. I have updated the certificate but it hasn't made any difference. How do I get rid of this Security Certificate problem please? Please note I am not using Office 365. I have...