Windows 10: Outlook.com has problems with IE and now Edge!

Discus and support Outlook.com has problems with IE and now Edge! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A month or two ago Outlook.com starting giving me a "Sign Up or Sign In" screen when I tried to access it via the Favorites Bar from IE. This had be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ken429, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Ken429 Win User

Outlook.com has problems with IE and now Edge!

A month or two ago Outlook.com starting giving me a "Sign Up or Sign In" screen when I tried to access it via the Favorites Bar from IE. This had be working just fine for months/years. The Page address I get now is:

Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

I thought that was Microsoft's way of leading me to use Edge. Edge has worked OK when I accessed Outlook.com from the Favorites Bar for several months, that is, until today. As of this morning I get the following page:

https://bay176.mail.live.com/default...asuffix=owa%2f

I can make Edge work if I type Outlook.com in the address space - then I get the same "Sign Up Sign In" web page I get using IE. So now both IE and Edge make me go through the extra step to always Sign In or Sign Up - it don't make any difference which I choose it goes to Outlook.com.

Can someone please give me a clue on what the $%&& MSFT is up to screwing around with Outlook.com?!

:)

Ken429, Mar 7, 2017

2. Vertical banner adds are stopping me from printing full pages.

Then, with either IE or Edge, don't use Print in the browser. Go to the 3 dots in the outlook.com toolbar and select print. That will print the message without the ads.

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 7, 2017
  3. Outlook reply issue

Outlook.com. I tried on IE and Edge

CurtisRedecker, Mar 7, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

Helmut, Mar 8, 2017
  5. Ken429 Win User
    I need a little more information. I've deleted Cookies and Signed in to my Microsoft Account changed my Password etc., etc. And I still get the attached BLUE Sign up/Sign in screen! I get the same thing on six different W10 PC's I have on my home network. I suspect something is screwed up with the Microsoft Account but don't have a clue what to look for. More help needed!

Ken429, Apr 8, 2017
  6. Ken429 Win User
    In desperation I tried Chrome. And got the attached error screen.

Ken429, Apr 8, 2017
  7. Ken429 Win User
    Since I'm going no where with this thread, can some one please tell me how to get to a Microsoft Support person. I called 1-800-7676 and all it tells me is to go the Microsoft support site! I suspect my Microsoft Account is screwed up some how. Can I set up a new Microsoft Account and see it Outlook.com acts normally?

Ken429, Apr 11, 2017
  8. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

The second link in your first post leads to an unsecure site.

MS isn't pushing you to use Edge but is instead pushing you to use the inbuild Mail app which of course is linked to Edge by default.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook.com has problems with IE and now Edge! - Similar Threads - Outlook com has

2. COM Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Problem: 7.4.2022PC Win 10 Pro + NordVPN disabled and Kaspersky Internet security - user is an administratorHello,There are a lot , 645 in a week, of these Error messages. OK, I am supposed to enable the permission - but is that really the solution and so, how do I change the...
  3. COM Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Problem: 7.4.2022PC Win 10 Pro + NordVPN disabled and Kaspersky Internet security - user is an administratorHello,There are a lot , 645 in a week, of these Error messages. OK, I am supposed to enable the permission - but is that really the solution and so, how do I change the...
  4. Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge: Hi, I noticed that in 2018, the same problems were happening as well. I tried everything I read online and nothing worked. I even had Norton check for a virus. No virus found. I also believe Microsoft is the problem like the male stated in 2018. Perhaps I should go to...
  5. gmail problems with outlook and edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gmail problems with outlook and edge: I can't change my gmail password in outlook using edge as my browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-problems-with-outlook-and-edge/6d6489f9-1065-4877-b5de-e62c1808f40f
  6. Removed IE and now I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Removed IE and now I cannot open hyperlinks in Outlook 2010: I was reading an article today that stated there was a vulnerability that, even though IE was not your default browser, access could be gained by clicking on a file of a particular file type associate with IE. Since Microsoft has been encouraging people to not use IE I...
  7. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  8. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  9. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303