Windows 10: Outlook.com has stopped forwarding mail for two MSAs

Discus and support Outlook.com has stopped forwarding mail for two MSAs in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I want to post a general notice that Outlook.com has stopped forwarding email for two of my MSAs. I have checked that forwarding is still setup and it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tracit99, Aug 18, 2017.

1. tracit99 Win User

Outlook.com has stopped forwarding mail for two MSAs

I want to post a general notice that Outlook.com has stopped forwarding email for two of my MSAs. I have checked that forwarding is still setup and it is. This a major concern for me because I depend on the forwarding service.

:)

tracit99, Aug 18, 2017
  2. Mark Bu Win User

Microsoft Creator 1703 Mail App

Hello Chet,

If you are attempting to add an account to Mail and your Microsoft Account (MSA) is using an Outlook.com email address (@Hotmail.com, @live.com, @Outlook.com, etc..) then you can use the MSA (and therefore Outlook.com) email address and password. In this
    scenario it will pull the data from Outlook.com and should sync without problems. You would add the account as an Outlook.com account.

However, if your MSA uses a 3rd party (also known as an EASI ID account) email address (@gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @Comcast.net), then you would not want to add the account using your MSA username and password, and instead use the username and password for
    accessing your email providers email server, along with selecting the correct account type for that account (Google for an @gmail.com email address).

Hope this helps.

Mark Bu, Aug 18, 2017
  3. nobleking Win User
    Unwanted codes in email messages

An update.

I received same mail in my gmail account and outlook account. I forwarded the same mail to two different ids(gmail) from both accounts. Mail forwarded from Gmail account contained the error codes and the same mail forwarded from Outlook.com was clean without
    any codes.

Again I forwarded the same mails to an email id of gmail from Gmail account and Outlook account. Mail received from Outlook was ok and the mail received from Gmail account was with error codes.

nobleking, Aug 18, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Looks like others are having problems as well. This user made a rule that claims it works. Microsoft Community

Tony K, Aug 18, 2017
  5. tracit99 Win User
    Really weird day for me. When I click your link above I get a security warning from Chrome, Edge and IE. This is the second time today I have received such a warning. The first time was for a link to OneDrive onedrive.live.com. It cleared on its own after about thirty minutes.

Here is the message in Chrome:

answers.microsoft.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to answers.microsoft.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be answers.microsoft.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
    You cannot visit answers.microsoft.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

tracit99, Aug 18, 2017
  6. DavidY Win User
    It might be worth checking that the time and date on your computer are correct? I know that can cause errors sometimes. Hippsie's link works for me in Edge and FF.
    (I don't imagine that will help with the forwarding issue though.)

DavidY, Aug 18, 2017
  7. tracit99 Win User
    Hi,

That was one of Chrome's suggestions as well. Checked and it is right on.

tracit99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook.com has stopped forwarding mail for two MSAs - Similar Threads - Outlook com has

2. COM Surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Surrogate has stopped working: Hi Microsoft community services , when i refresh the desktop , or when i open the folder thet have large icons of photos or videos ... this window appear and say COM Surrogate has stopped working!Please help me ... because i tried some solution such as 1 – Add dllhost.exe to...
  3. COM Surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Surrogate has stopped working: Hi Microsoft community services , when i refresh the desktop , or when i open the folder thet have large icons of photos or videos ... this window appear and say COM Surrogate has stopped working!Please help me ... because i tried some solution such as 1 – Add dllhost.exe to...
  4. COM Surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MSAS Cuil

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSAS Cuil: I installed avast antivirus and scanned the computer and deleted Avast AFter that a MSAS Cuil appeared in startup is it safe ot not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/msas-cuil/7e00a324-c35d-4329-aec1-c2adeb0d44bd
  6. Mail has stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail has stopped working: my mail has stopped working and I need some help getting it back to working. it receives email but I cannot send email. I have worked with my email provider and they have determined that it is a windows 10 issue? please help....
  7. forwarding mail in mail app

forwarding mail in mail app: I have a new computer and have set up my mail account in the mail app. I cannot forward mail. what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/forwarding-mail-in-mail-app/8c1b057b-26c8-4c06-b695-d527e07aeb10
  8. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  9. Outlook mail stopped receiving mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook mail stopped receiving mail: All: I just didn't think I was getting mail for a couple of days! So I sent several Emails to him & didn't get an answer! The I received phone call from him which was unusual as he lives in the US Virgin Island & I live I Ireland! He said he was getting my Emails,...
  10. com surrogate has stopped working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    com surrogate has stopped working: When I am using my computer, it would randomly say "com surrogate has stopped working." I then just close it and it pops up again, close it and it goes away. I have no idea why. Here are the Windows Event Logs: Windows Log 1 - Pastebin.com Windows Log 2 - Pastebin.com...