Windows 10: Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu

Discus and support Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has started to test an update for its many web properties that changes the header bar. The update improves the drop down experience from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu

Read more...

:)

Brink, Oct 16, 2014
  2. sillytits Win User

Nokia N900 Software restore problem

Hi again, I have gone to new again put it all in, and it is listed as green and not failed. So then i clicked application manager the drop down has 3 listings Application catalogues, log and application restore, is that all that should be there? Or should
    it also list application testing? I have rebooted and it still does not have application testing on the drop down menu. Thanks x

sillytits, Oct 16, 2014
  3. Distribution List/Contact Group in Windows 10 People

The situation is that Windows 10 Mail does not support distribution lists or group mailing. Outlook.com does, so they can be created there, not very simple, Select People and then in the NEW drop down menu select Contact List.

Any Contact list in Outlook.com will not synch into the People app in Windows 10, so can only be used in outlook.com web mail.

If you want List support on your computer you must install a Microsoft Office package that includes an email app, OR install Emclient (free version), this will allow Distribution List creation that will synch to outlook.com or gmail or email app on your
    mobile phone. To ensure that outlook.com does synch contacts with Emclient the outlook.com account must be set up as an exchange account. Simple really, when setting up a new account select the exchange option and enter your email address and password, the
    account will then set itself up.

Hope this clarifies for you.

Davmax1589, Oct 16, 2014
  4. Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu

Surely there will be many things similar to other products. Usually it is suggested by people *Smile

Fahadking07, Oct 17, 2014
  5. Lebon14 Win User
    Saw the changes earlier. I wondered what it was but I just shrugged it off.

Lebon14, Oct 20, 2014
  6. Outlook has a very nice and polished GUI and introduces nice new features like 10GB per file limit, I wanted to use it as a storage solution, but it has strange restrictions, like you have to wait for 2 months to change a password, that is crazy. I am afraid, that I might not be able to access it on day. It is also not very reliable service, it kept loosing my emails in the past.

TairikuOkami, Oct 20, 2014
  7. adamf Win User
    Are you sure? I change my password more regularly than every 2 months.

adamf, Oct 20, 2014
  8. Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu

Well I am still waiting for it, it will be 2 months soon. It says, that it sent a verification email, but it did not, but forwarded emails or adverts go to this email without any problem from outlook. It seems like I always have some mysterious problems with outlook, no matter what, I guess, that Microsoft does not like me not surprised after all the negative feed back I regularly give. *Biggrin

EDIT: I have explained it bad, I can not change password at all, I had to input my phone number, hopefully, I will be able to do it than, not sure, I can not use another email either. The problem is, if I would have a problem accessing my account, I could not recover it and that scares me obviously.

TairikuOkami, Oct 20, 2014
  9. adamf Win User
    Ahh I see what you mean. Yes - I always get a code sent by sms if I change password or if I use a PC in a new country. You have to enter only the last 4 digits of your phone number.

You can set up an alternate e-mail address if you prefer and it will send the code there but I prefer the phone option.

adamf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu

1. Outlook.com is testing a new drop down menu - Similar Threads - Outlook com testing

2. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  3. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop down menu flickering: I tried many ways nothing worked excpet this..Disconnect the keyboard and or touch pad from themotherboard. Replace new or start using usb keyboard/mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menu-flickering/95e5827b-cbb9-41d7-8bc6-c15463edaa84
  4. Drop down menu flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  6. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing: Hi, Microsoft Community! I've just stumbled upon an issue with my Windows laptop where nothing happens when I right-click my mouse. Usually, this prompts the drop-down menu. I'm also no longer able to copy anything using the highlight method since the highlighting doesn't...
  7. Drop-Down Menu Not Appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WordPad missing from the Create New drop down menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad missing from the Create New drop down menu: Still working on fixing all the ways Windows Update a few months back trashed my entire system. Newest issue is WordPad is now missing from the create new tab when I right click on the desktop or in a folder. WordPad works fine and I can open it from the start menu but now I...
  9. Drop down menu / Autoscroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drop down menu / Autoscroll: Recently I noticed that when I right click, instead of a drop down menu, the auto scroll function activates. At first I thought this was a word issue but then I noticed that it occurred anywhere where I could use the scrolling function. For example when in a word document, or...
  10. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...