Windows 10: Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem

Discus and support Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone having security certificate problems when trying to use Outlook.com mail with Firefox recently might want to watch this site for Microsoft's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mikedyce, May 29, 2017.

1. Mikedyce Win User

Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem

Anyone having security certificate problems when trying to use Outlook.com mail with Firefox recently might want to watch this site for Microsoft's progress in fixing the fault.

Office 365 Service Status

I can usually get in now with repeatedly clicking the Retry button on the Error screen. May need 5-6 tries.

Mike.

:)

Mikedyce, May 29, 2017
  2. bbao Win User

SMTP settings to access Outlook emails on E72

Trusted site certifits

*.facebook.com

api.twitter.com

userstream.twitter.com

Before importing the root certificate of GlobalSign, *.hotmail.com (*.outlook.com) was also listed. After importing the certificate, I removed all trusted sites and rebuilt the list.

The currently listed items were added via Gravity. Nokia Email no longer prompts for Outlook.com's cerificate once the new root certificate was installed.

3. Firefox

So you can install Firefox, the only problem is that the apps.facebook.com domain doesn't load for you for some SSL error in the certificate? Please check how to see the SSL certificate of a site in Firefox

HERE
    and try to do whatever you were doing to get the error and when you get the error do the steps mentioned in the article to see the certificate info and check for which URLs the certificate is valid (it might be called SAN, SANs or something like this
    and is part of the information of the certificate) and the if the period of validity is actual. Is your PC date and time actual? Do you have problems opening that site in other browsers? Does the problem appear when you go to a facebook website?

Lyubomir Parvanov, May 29, 2017
  4. Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem

I had it with the free outlook. I had to open up OneNote and then after mucking around a tad it opened. I only had to do it once.

Josey Wales, May 29, 2017
  5. Mikedyce Win User
    Don't use Outlook.com myself - just ran up against the current problem trying to help out a friend who does.
    Mike

Mikedyce, May 29, 2017
  6. DavidY Win User
    I was seeing errors Sunday night/ yesterday with other Microsoft sites too, such as social.technet.microsoft.com.
    An OSCL error or something like that?

DavidY, May 29, 2017
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes FF was having issues yesterday with any MS sites. But late last night it was fixed, at least for some of us. I can log unto Outlook with no problems today, at least so far.

OldMike65, May 29, 2017
  8. OldMike65 Win User

This problem is just for FF thou, so if you have a 2nd browser, it should work just fine.

OldMike65, May 29, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    I got that message in Firefox on my MacBook Pro when accessing the Webmail program furnished by my Domain Hosting service on Saturday, seems to cleared up yesterday evening.

Berton, May 29, 2017
  10. Terrysutt Win User
    This is the screenshot of the error message in Firefox,looks like it`s a wait and see what happens.

Terrysutt, May 29, 2017
  11. sml156 Win User
    Has anyone looked at the certificate to see if there are any problems. I only use Chrome and IE and haven't had any problems

sml156, May 29, 2017
  12. DavidY Win User
    Someone linked to this person on Twitter who seems to have found the expiry date
    Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

DavidY, May 29, 2017
  13. Mikedyce Win User

Microsoft's estimate to fix, on their Service Status site (see my OP) -

"Estimated restoration time: By Thursday, June 1, 2017, at 3:00 AM UTC"

Mikedyce, May 30, 2017
  14. sml156 Win User
    Probably not the best advice you will get but if you must use that browser you should be able to disable the check for OCSP, Just remember to reenable it when Microsoft updates the certificate.

sml156, May 30, 2017
  15. Berton Win User
    Got a message today from my Domain Host:

Berton, May 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Outlook.com with Firefox and site certificate problem - Similar Threads - Outlook com Firefox

2. COM Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COM Problem: 7.4.2022PC Win 10 Pro + NordVPN disabled and Kaspersky Internet security - user is an administratorHello,There are a lot , 645 in a week, of these Error messages. OK, I am supposed to enable the permission - but is that really the solution and so, how do I change the...
  3. COM Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Problem: 7.4.2022PC Win 10 Pro + NordVPN disabled and Kaspersky Internet security - user is an administratorHello,There are a lot , 645 in a week, of these Error messages. OK, I am supposed to enable the permission - but is that really the solution and so, how do I change the...
  4. COM Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. FireFox problems on some banking sites

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox problems on some banking sites: FF Ver85.01b 2 Questions: 1. For some reason some, not all, of my banking accounts (vanguard) will allow me to sign in but when I want to look at account info, all I get is a blank (grey) page. Refreshing does no good. Will work with MS EDGE on this computer, or FF on...
  6. Firefox no longer logging me into sites

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox no longer logging me into sites: Since updating to FF 82.0, I've been having to log into sites with login names and passwords recorded in Firefox that I haven't had to manually log into for a long time. This site and YouTube are two that I have to log into manually every time I open them. I posted on another...
  7. Can't connect to several certificated sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to several certificated sites: I need some help with accessing secure sites. I've been having a problem with many certificated sites. When attempting to connect to them I'm met with this error: This site is not secure This might mean that someone’s trying to trick you or steal any information that you...
  8. Firefox Site Content Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Site Content Issues: Hi guys. Have a bit of a weird issue. Just realised that Firefox will not display a sites full content but it will do on Edge. I'm trying to place a bet and it won't let me view the full coupon but it will do on Edge. Just seems very strabge [img] Firefox is updated to...
  9. Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinned sites to Firefox jumplist: I have both internet explorer 11 and Firefox quantum pinned to my taskbar. I like using the jump lists by right clicking on them both. I have pinned websites on both jump lists. One thing that has been aggravating me slightly is with the latest Firefox the ‘frequent sites’ no...
  10. Installing site certificate using Edge?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing site certificate using Edge?: I have a NAS which gives a certificate which is not trusted and has to be added to the trusted certificate store. This is simple using Internet explorer but I can't find the way to do this using Edge. Can anyone help? 32584