Windows 10: Outlook configuration for custom domain email?

Discus and support Outlook configuration for custom domain email? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have my own domain's email which uses Outlook itself. I can login via Live.com or Outlook.com and it works fine but I am unable to set it up via... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lolcocks, Dec 14, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

Outlook configuration for custom domain email?

Hi, I have my own domain's email which uses Outlook itself.
    I can login via Live.com or Outlook.com and it works fine but I am unable to set it up via Outlook 2016.

Microsoft has provided me the following mail configuration in the Outlook.com settings:

Server name: pop-mail.live.com
    Port: 995
    Encryption method: SSL

Server name: smtp-mail.live.com
    Port: 587
    Encryption method: TLS

Outlook configuration for custom domain email? [​IMG]

But when I use this I get the following error:

Outlook configuration for custom domain email? [​IMG]

:)

lolcocks, Dec 14, 2015

2. Microsoft Windows 10 - email - does it exist?

What is the domain for mail i.e. whether it is gmail, yahoo, godaddy, outlook..Let me know as every domain has their own way to configure.

E for Excel, Dec 14, 2015
  3. How can I pls disable ALL SYNC services between my Nokia Lumia 1020 and what appears to be a new outlook platform ??

Hello.

If you're using a Microsoft account to log in to your phone, once it's being configured in Outlook, everything will be synchronized. If you wish to unsync it, I suggest you configure your Outlook using a different account. Since you have mentioned that you
    have your own email domain, why not configure it using that email.

Pinkvelvet_5669, Dec 14, 2015
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Can you clarify which Outlook you mean for your domains email? Do you mean the Outlook.com webmail interface as a send-and-receive account / Windows Live Custom Domain account? Or directly to your domains mailbox from the Office Outlook desktop application?

In your second screenshot it looks like you are using your own domain username and password with the Outlook.com mailserver settings. The Outlook.com mailserver will obviously reject that unless you have previously set it up as a Windows Live Custom Domain before Microsoft discontinued that service.

If you are using a Windows Live Custom Domain, according to this article it should still be compatible with Outlook.com Preview.

Q. I have a custom domain configured with Outlook.com. Will I be able to keep it?
    A. Yes, if you have a custom domain configured on Outlook.com today, it will continue to work after this update.

Those settings are to send and receive email from the Outlook.com account through POP/SMTP. Is there a particular reason why you want to use POP/SMTP? If not, to connect Office Outlook 2016 to the Outlook.com Preview mail account (which is what it shows as in your screenshot), set it up as an Exchange account (which may need to be set up manually if you're using your own domain email address as the Microsoft Account login. I'm not sure how it handles Two-Step Authentication as I haven't tried it with a Preview Account, but if you have Two-Step Authentication on for your Outlook.com account and it doesn't prompt you for the second factor, you may need to setup/use an app password as the password, instead of the actual Outlook.com account password.

If for some reason you do have to use POP/IMAP/SMTP, I wonder whether substituting the 'live.com' with 'outlook.com' in the above settings would work instead. EG: pop-mail.outlook.com / smtp-mail.outlook.com

ARC1020, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Outlook configuration for custom domain email? - Similar Threads - Outlook configuration custom

2. Custom Sandbox Configuration Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sandbox Configuration Issue: I am attempting to make a custom WSB Windows sandbox file and am having issues. I want to make it so every time I open it, I can use it for malware analysis. I want it to come with Malwarebytes, a network connection, the ProtectedClient Enabled, Clipboard, and anything...
  3. Custom Sandbox Configuration Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sandbox Configuration Issue: I am attempting to make a custom WSB Windows sandbox file and am having issues. I want to make it so every time I open it, I can use it for malware analysis. I want it to come with Malwarebytes, a network connection, the ProtectedClient Enabled, Clipboard, and anything...
  4. Email Error on outlook on domain users server 20216

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Error on outlook on domain users server 20216: I have configured the primary domain controller in my network. The DHCP server is separate from the domain controller. Here is the setting of my domain controllersettings of my domain users is like belowInternet browsing is working on all domain users but Microsoft outlook is...
  5. Email Error on outlook on domain users server 20216

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Error on outlook on domain users server 20216: I have configured the primary domain controller in my network. The DHCP server is separate from the domain controller. Here is the setting of my domain controllersettings of my domain users is like belowInternet browsing is working on all domain users but Microsoft outlook is...
  6. Reserved Domain Email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reserved Domain Email: I removed my Email address from my Xbox account and replaced it with my son's so that he could keep the Gamer tag, now my Email address is deleted and when I try to access it I get the message that it is part of a "Reserved Domain", who can fix this, I have 25 years of my...
  7. Can't configure custom keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't configure custom keyboard: I was trying to add the COLEMAK layout for my keyboard, but it was not in the default options. I tried to install Windows Keyboard Layout Creator, but that link gives 404, meaning Windows probably stopped the program. How do I customize my keyboard layout? I don't prefer to...
  8. Outlook Fails AUTODISCOVER on GMAIL HOSTED EMAIL DOMAIN

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Fails AUTODISCOVER on GMAIL HOSTED EMAIL DOMAIN: Outlook 2010 & 2013 (both on Windows 10 Pro) fail to add a pre-existing GMAIL Hosted email account to an Outlook Profile (that also contains an Exchange-based Account). However, Surface Pro-based Outlook (version unknown) has no problem with this scenario. Anybody have a...
  9. Computer configuration VS user configuration (non-domain)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer configuration VS user configuration (non-domain): I am trying to improve my IT skills and need professional explanation about the difference between Computer configuration and user configuration? [ATTACH]...
  10. Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains: I'm not sure if a recent update to Outlook 2016 (I subscribe to Office 365) introduced this or not... Recently, I'm frequently prompted for my password for an email where I'm an independent contractor. If I set the account up as new, it goes through fine. Periodically...