Windows 10: Outlook disappeared on Windows 10 Fall creator update!

Discus and support Outlook disappeared on Windows 10 Fall creator update! in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; After doing the update for Windows 10 after restart Outlook says it can't open due to missing files and insert disc which I can no longer find but I'm... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jon6er, Dec 4, 2017.

1. jon6er Win User

Outlook disappeared on Windows 10 Fall creator update!

After doing the update for Windows 10 after restart Outlook says it can't open due to missing files and insert disc which I can no longer find but I'm also not sure I didn't download Office online.

:)

jon6er, Dec 4, 2017
  2. RexChng Win User
    RexChng, Dec 4, 2017
  3. Windows Spotlight

Hello.

I used to love windows spotlight feature. Now, after updating windows to fall creators, the feature disappeared, really sad! I keep updating the windows with the monthly cumulative updates hoping the feature will come back, but to vain. Is it my laptop or
    is it the fall creators update? Will this feature come back again?

DennisKinoti, Dec 4, 2017
  4. davidhk Win User

I am assuming you meant Microsoft Office Outlook and not the web-based Outlook.com.

Whether you bought your Microsoft Office from retail store or online, you should have the product key either way.

Hope you have not lost that too.

You can go online and download your year version/edition of Office and use the corresponding product key to re-install.

P.S. I am out of touch with the recent versions of MS Office, i.e. 2016 and so on. I hope my suggestion is not out of date and becomes irrelevant.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2017
  5. jon6er Win User
    Thank you. It is the Microsoft Office Outlook not the web based. That's a start but it still amazes me how many times over the years with every new version of Windows or a Windows update some people must pay the price of aggravation for one thing or another, lol!

jon6er, Dec 4, 2017
  6. davidhk Win User
    Windows Update should NOT erase or corrupt your MS Outlook installation.
    There must be something else lurking at the back.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2017
  7. jon6er Win User
    "should NOT" being the operative line from every manufacturer of consumer products, lol!

jon6er, Dec 4, 2017
  8. davidhk Win User

one other suggestion :
    Go to Programs and Features > scroll to your MS Office > right click > click Change > click Repair.
    See if that will fix it and save the trouble of downloading the iso file and re-installing.

davidhk, Dec 4, 2017
  9. After Upgrading Win 10 to Version 1709 Fall Creators Update, MS Office 2007 is in some cases- not always- opening with errors. Not only Outlook but also Word and Excel are affected.. I found, that in such cases repair-install does NOT fix it, but only complete deinstallation nd reinstallation of MS office 2007 helps.
    Unfortunately Microsoft announced in October before the availability of the fall creators update, that MS office 2007 is no longer supported. Means that compatibility errors are neither fixed in Windows 10 nor in office 2007 updates.
    It forces users to either go through the reinstallation troubles (find CD and product key) or buy and upgrade to a later , supported Version of MS Office.

rreinhardklein, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook disappeared on Windows 10 Fall creator update! - Similar Threads - Outlook disappeared Fall

2. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Help?: Today I tried to run halo infinite but it gave me a message along the lines of Incompatible OS version. Update fall creators update (1709) or higher. So I look up how to update windows to the latest version so I follow the steps but I already have the latest version then I go...
  3. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  4. windows creators fall update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows creators fall update: Hey.i was just wondering.how come I haven't got the new creators fall update???I went to download it manually but on the website there only is the creators original update 95658
  5. WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Fall Creators Update: I just downloaded the above mentioned update and it looks like some fun things are here. I am interested in giving "Paint 3D" a shot although I am told it's designed for touch screen and I don't use one. Here's the problem---it has force fed me "OneDrive" which I am not a...
  6. After latest Fall Creator's Update, Constant Outlook Notifications

in Microsoft Office and 365
    After latest Fall Creator's Update, Constant Outlook Notifications: Hi, Ever since the fall creator's update, whenever I come back from an extended period of time to my computer (like when I get to the office in the morning), Outlook notifications with the chime sound pop up in the lower right corner for every e-mail I received since I had...
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....