Windows 10: Outlook email account will not send or forward moves to draft messages

Discus and support Outlook email account will not send or forward moves to draft messages in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; HEllo out there , I am experiencing issues with my Outlook accounts I have two attached a default one for my Microsoft account and a secondary one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dukerod, Jul 21, 2016.

1. dukerod Win User

Outlook email account will not send or forward moves to draft messages

HEllo out there ,

I am experiencing issues with my Outlook accounts I have two attached a default one for my Microsoft account and a secondary one for my wife.

On my new pc with win 10 I cannot send , forward emails the message I get back is they have been placed in the drafts folder then that's it. I cannot do anything with them.

Interestingly I have the same win 10 on my old computer and they work fine I suspect that my new one has updated and caused the issue.

The only difference I can see is I have Office 2007 on the old pc and Use Libre office on the new one would Libre cause an issue with outlook ?

I have run sfc/scannow with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

dukerod, Jul 21, 2016
  2. SimonHeal Win User

Draft Email Folder using Windows 10 Mobile on a Lumia 950

What is the intended purpose of the Drafts folder in Windows 10 Mobile?

If an email fails to send or the Mail app is closed whilst a new email is being composed, the message is saved into the Drafts folder.

Messages (emails) in the Drafts folder have no option available to 'Send', 'Forward' or 'Move' the message to another folder.

Similarly, an email which has been sent is saved in the 'Sent Items' folder but has no option 'Re-Send' or 'Forward' option available.

This may be useful if the email needs to be shared with another recipient at a later date.

So to repeat my question, What is the intended purpose of the Drafts folder in Windows 10 Mobile?

and what is the correct procedure for handling these situations?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

SimonHeal, Jul 21, 2016
  3. L1amas Win User
    Need help - Drafting an email in Outlook on my laptop and sending it from Nokia Lumia 920.

Hello - For work, I need to create a very detailed email including different fonts, colors, and a copy+paste from an Excel spreadsheet. This needs to be sent to 50+ people.

Is there a way to draft the email on my PC and send it from my Windows Phone? I've tried, on my PC, saving the email draft to a synced folder and opening it on my phone. It appears I only have the ability to forward the email, and the 50+ people I'm sending
    it to are not on my phone as contacts. Even if I manually typed in all the email addresses, the email would be sent as a forwarded message and not appear to be the original email - This method does not look professional; the recipients of the email are clients.

I then tried moving the email from the synced folder to my drafts folder on the phone. My phone then does not even allow me to send, forward, nor reply - I can't do anything with the message.

Additionally, I cannot send the email via Outlook Lite (via my phone internet browser) as the email loses all formatting. The Excel copy+paste also gets completely destroyed.

It is very important that I send this email from my work email address, and I'm on vacation and will not have my laptop with me when the time comes to send the email. I cannot automate sending the email, as it should only be sent immediately after I receive
    a phone call, which has no set time to occur.

Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

L1amas, Jul 21, 2016
  4. dukerod Win User

Ok re Ran sfc /scannow twice came up with no faults turned off machine and re-started everything is ok now so the scannow did the trick but I do not know why .

Here's to happy emailing.

dukerod, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Outlook email account will not send or forward moves to draft messages - Similar Threads - Outlook email account

2. My Outlook account is not allowing me to send messages?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Outlook account is not allowing me to send messages?: My Outlook account is not allowing me to send messages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-account-is-not-allowing-me-to-send/59c196af-e643-449f-a305-1218f4194ef8
  3. I cannot send email messages. The messages go into Draft.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot send email messages. The messages go into Draft.: I cannot send email messages. The messages go into Draft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-send-email-messages-the-messages-go-into/5e891333-b772-469a-b945-78177b37e05b
  4. SENDING EMAILS ON OUTLOOK

SENDING EMAILS ON OUTLOOK: OK how do I get Windows10 to let me send emails through outlook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  5. Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook is not receiving or sending messages.: Outlook is not receiving or sending messages. I have tried reinstall etc. but no success. what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-is-not-receiving-or-sending-messages/4a430084-9960-4310-bc97-f981fac4e19c
  6. Greyedout Forward Option In Draft Box MS Office 2016 Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Greyedout Forward Option In Draft Box MS Office 2016 Outlook: Hi, I had been using MS office 2010 for my office work we usually work with Excel and Outlook today I updated to MS Office 2016. I had 3 Mails in Draft Which I had to send to multiple people separately, In MS Office 2010 I used to put these kinds of emails in the draft and...
  7. sending email are saved in draft folder

sending email are saved in draft folder: Good morning. I noticed that when I send messages through the '' windows mail '' application while it shows being sent, when I go to outllook.com they are stored in the draft(or clipboard,i don't how we translate in english). What happens?...
  8. draft message when i'm sending messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    draft message when i'm sending messages: how could i fix the problem i'm having when i send messages back to anybody and it says draft on the message board and my message don't go thru thanks...
  9. Outlook Email Sending on WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Email Sending on WiFi: There's an issue sending email while on WiFi from Outlook Pro Plus 2016. If I am plugged into the network it works GREAT. As soon as I unplug network and go into WiFi connection, Outlook generates the following error: Sending reported error (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection...
  10. Outlook Duplicating Outgoing Messages in Drafts Folder

Outlook Duplicating Outgoing Messages in Drafts Folder: Using W10 and Outlook 2016 for several email addresses. In only one email account all outgoing messages are sent but a duplicate appears in the Drafts folder. When deleted, these messages remain in that folder but with the name of the recipient marked by a strikethrough. When...