Windows 10: Outlook Express issue

Discus and support Outlook Express issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all. Please help me to solve my problem with Outlook Express. When I try to open dbx file format in outlook express I receive the following error... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jgamble, Nov 27, 2016.

1. jgamble Win User

Outlook Express issue

Hi all. Please help me to solve my problem with Outlook Express.
    When I try to open dbx file format in outlook express I receive the following error message: An unknow error has occurred...Account: 'mail.q.com', Server. Any advice how to repair outlook express?

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.

:)

jgamble, Nov 27, 2016

2. Activesync problems with Outlook express 6

Jondunn wrote:

...but will not recognize Outlook express 6 applications during installation or after.

That's the issue Jon. Outlook Express is NOT Outlook.

In order to sync Outlook Mobile with your PC, you need to have Outlook installed on your PC.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Active sync 4.5 compatible with data from older versions of Active sync? (and older versions of Windows Mobile).

You can import an Outlook Express database into Windows Mail. See this: Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express.

You can then export Windows Mail directly into Outlook. See this: How to export e-mail messages from Windows Mail & Outlook Express into Outlook.

------------------------------

If a reply helps, please vote it as helpful. If a reply solves the issue, please mark it as an answer.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Nov 27, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Outlook Express issue

You do have a problem, actually 2. The first is that Outlook Express [WinXP and earlier] was discontinued with WinVista [changed to Mail] and no such E-Mail Client included with Win7. The other is that a .dbx file can be Imported into Microsoft Office Outlook which you may not have. This site may have help:
    How to open and convert files with DBX file extension

Berton, Nov 27, 2016
  5. jgamble Win User
    Thanks for information and advice.

jgamble, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook Express issue

1. Outlook Express issue - Similar Threads - Outlook Express issue

2. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  3. Outlook express 365 package

Outlook express 365 package: Outlook express unresponsive most times since I bought package about 2 years ago. Been asking for microsoft help does not really happen. Managed to get Microsoft to look online said it was fixed getting other errors now. Got asked to fill out survey a few times how it all...
  4. Outlook express 365 package

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook express 365 package: Outlook express unresponsive most times since I bought package about 2 years ago. Been asking for microsoft help does not really happen. Managed to get Microsoft to look online said it was fixed getting other errors now. Got asked to fill out survey a few times how it all...
  5. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Express email: I have been using Outlook Express email since last January. I am not receiving my email since yesterday. I get a window about 4" long and 3" high. It has 3 entry items. The first is: Server: smtp.comcast.net The second tells me to insert my email address. I do that. It is...
  6. Outlook Express email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Express email: My outlook express email closes automatically within a few seconds of being open. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-express-email/60c55526-81eb-4369-ae2d-f33a0e48488e
  7. Outlook express account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook express account: How do I set up my Outlook Express account in order to retrieve all my old emails and receive new ones now that I have reformatted my hard disc and reinstalled Windows 10?...
  8. OUTLOOK EXPRESS

OUTLOOK EXPRESS: Bought new computer today..son set up for me....cannot receive any emails on outlook....could send earlier but not receive....HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/84e0cf2f-7ca7-4b2c-832c-6a1d8db1dc9f
  9. outlook express 4.01 or greater

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook express 4.01 or greater: Hi, I did a clean installation of WIN10 & tried to re-setup Outlook on my old PC. There was an error message: ...needs Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 or greater or reinstall IE5Setup from CD or Window Update website. What can I do next to get Outlook back? Thank you...
  10. Outlook Express

Outlook Express: How do I get latest version of Outlook Express downloaded to this CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-express/2c9d440f-c536-4ab8-972b-135a2e44857d