Windows 10: Outlook giving me some Problems retrieving mail...

Discus and support Outlook giving me some Problems retrieving mail... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My e-mails are no longer getting caught by my Outlook app in Windows 10. But they are online at outlook.com. This is the error message I'm getting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by seek, Jan 14, 2016.

1. seek Win User

Outlook giving me some Problems retrieving mail...

My e-mails are no longer getting caught by my Outlook app in Windows 10. But they are online at outlook.com. This is the error message I'm getting while trying to upload\refresh to outlook on win.

-Thanks for any help!

Outlook giving me some Problems retrieving mail... [​IMG]

:)

2. ThaKibosh Win User

Live Mail Retrieves mail, but mail stays on server resulting to a full mailbox over time

Hey All,

Because I own now a Phone 7, I'm trying out different things to work with it as easy as it can be.

At this point I'm trying out Windows Live Essentials Mail. It looks like and feels like Outlook. It works great with my hotmail account. Organising contacts, calenders are much easier through Live Mail then Online.

But I've noticed a problem:

For Hotmail it works just fine, but for my other two email accounts it doesn't. When I retrieve mail with Outlook, the mails are deleted on the mail server. When I retrieve mails with Windows Live, the mail stays on the server which in time would result
    in a full mailbox off course. Is there a setting in Windows Live Mail that I can select for when it retrieves mail from an account, that it deletes the mail on the webserver, just the way Outlook does it?

Another thing I've noticed that not all mails where sent and I didn't get an error message... I need some further testing on this.

ThaKibosh, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Current email will be deleted in my n95 even if no new mail is received

Thank you very much Kevinue. Even as you claim you did not understand the problem completely, you guessed it correctly and gave the right solution. To restate the problem hopefully clearly this time for the benefit of others, I view my emails primarily
    thru outlook in my PC and thru my n95 in the alternative. Retrieval of email thru my PC is done regularly whenever it is switched on. Retrieval of emails thru my n95 is done only when I am not using my PC and connection to the web with the n95 only occurs
    during retrieval. My problem was when I retrieved mail thru my n95, the current mail appearing in my mobile would be deleted and replaced with the new mail would just be deleted of no new mail comes in. However current mail would not be deleted but would instead
    be added to the newly retrieved ones only during the period I do not retrieve email using the outlook of my PC. In other words, it appears that whenever I retrieve mail using outlook, my next email retrieval using my n95 would result in the deletion of all
    current mail stored in the n95.

With your suggested setting in my outlook WHICH LEAVES A COPY OF THE MESSAGES IN THE SERVER OF THE EMAIL HOST, this problem was solved since, apparently absent your settings, mail in the server will be deleted upon retrieval by the outlook in my PC. When the
    n95 would subsequently retrieve mail it would only copy whatever is in the server and delete old ones during the update. I have chosen the settings which delete email in the server only when the email has been deleted from the “deleted items” folder in outlook.
    I am really very grateful for your help since both the supervisor of our nokia customer support and the email host could not resolve this issue. I must admit that this is the first time I have asked for help for the web community and was so pleased that there
    are still (lots of I hope) altruistic souls around that will help without asking for prior consideration.

Kevnue if ever you are in my part of the world, do not hesitate to contact me at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** so I may return the favor. Thanks again.

josen---01, Jan 14, 2016
  4. seek Win User

I just remembered that I was doing a tutorial on utube on how to make my pc run faster and that's when it probably started.

I changed some of the privacy settings in the windows settings screen and also turned off some Services.

5. seek Win User
    WHOOT! Fixed it... Thanks anyway guys!

seek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook giving me some Problems retrieving mail... - Similar Threads - Outlook giving Problems

2. New Outlook not letting me send mail.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Outlook not letting me send mail.: in the new Outlook app, which appeared after toggling new Outlook in mail and calendar, the "new mail" button is seemingly absent. submitted by /u/MistaNoob1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16wuw2q/new_outlook_not_letting_me_send_mail/
  3. PROBLEM WITH OUTLOOK MAIL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROBLEM WITH OUTLOOK MAIL: PROBLEM WITH OUTLOOK MAIL NEED HELP PLEASE SINCE LAST NIGHT WHEN I TRY TO OPEN EMAILS WHAT I SEE IS - Something went wrong REFRESH WINDOW UTC Date: 2020-12-29T22:57:01.860Z Client Id: C579FF8C094B48A8AA56087A50FD16B8 BE Server: DM6PR20MB3298 Session Id:...
  4. Retrieving archived mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieving archived mail: Important emails accidently archived rather than moved to folder. How do I get them back? Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-archived-mail/76f61b49-74e9-4c4e-a673-a0d4d44cd17b
  5. Outlook Mail problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Mail problem: Hi, I've just bought a new PC (desktop) with the latest Windows 10, and have been transferring all of my apps from my Windows 7 Pro machine. This has involved a few problems, but I can't get Outlook Mail to work. I think it's got something to do with the Microsoft password,...
  6. Outlook Junk Mail problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Junk Mail problem: I am writing to ask please for help. my Outlook Inbox is getting flooded with Junk Mail. I have been searching for how to stop it. and I do not find anything that helps. I have have been using Hotmail for almost 20 years. I've had plenty of Junk Mail. but now I am overwhelmed...
  7. Outlook Junk Mail problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook Junk Mail problem: I am writing to ask please for help. my Outlook Inbox is getting flooded with Junk Mail. I have been searching for how to stop it. and I do not find anything that helps. I have have been using Hotmail for almost 20 years. I've had plenty of Junk Mail. but now I am overwhelmed...
  8. Windows 10 October Update give me some technical problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October Update give me some technical problems: Before the October Update can execute, my computer was running fine when I was playing my favorite game. Now after the update, it give me numerous problems, which is hard to list them all, but I will apply the main problems after the October update. -The speed of my...
  9. Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Not getting notifications for some me mail in the mail app: sorry if this get confusing but my problem is that for some reason if i send mail to myself with another acc the mail app will show it and put that number on the mail app pinned to the taskbar and start. but if its not from me i will still get the notification for it in the...
  10. Outlook Mail Problems

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail Problems: Testing Edge browser with Outlook mail. Issue 1. After clicking on Outlook Mail from Edge the OM register/sign on screen appears. Clicking on sign in takes me directly to mail. All other times clicking on OM from Edge sends me directly to mail. How can I get OM from...