Windows 10: Outlook mail opens in Edge and I can't use Adobe options

Discus and support Outlook mail opens in Edge and I can't use Adobe options in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Outlook to receive contracts and sign them in Adobe. My mail now opens in microsoft edge and it will not give me the option to sign and send... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sandysdaisey, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Outlook mail opens in Edge and I can't use Adobe options

I use Outlook to receive contracts and sign them in Adobe. My mail now opens in microsoft edge and it will not give me the option to sign and send back. I have tried to change my browser it will not correct Outlook mail.

:)

sandysdaisey, Nov 29, 2015

2. Changing the Default Program to Open E-Mail Attachments in Windows 10 Mail - Error Made in Original Option

Good day,

Thank you for your reply. I did not get any error message when I opted to use Adobe to open a file. All that happens is all attachments now immediately default to open as Adobe files no matter what the e-mail attachment's extensions are after I made the
    error of selecting Adobe to open an .eml file and not clicking off "always use this program".

I performed the changes you suggested and it works now (gives me the default option on a list) for all files except .eml files. I tried saving the file and double-clicking on the saved documents but it is still treated as an Adobe file and can't be opened.
    On the default list I obtained from System settings, Adobe was the default but I downloaded another app that works on the
    saved files but not on the e-mail attachment itself.

I suppose I could persevere or just use a new e-mail application such as Gmail or Outlook to get around the problem without having to save the file first. I would prefer to reverse the choice I made instead of having to go around the problem by trying to
    launch yet anther application.

Can Windows mail be uninstalled and then reinstalled with the original options for e-mail attachments?

Many thanks for any advice you can provide.

Regards, Kieth

Kieth Brickley, Nov 29, 2015
  3. John 126 Win User
    Disabling Adobe PDF from Microsoft Edge

When I accepted the Windows 10 upgrade, I gave Microsoft Edge a try instead of Internet Explorer. Going through the setup options for Edge, I selected use Edge to open PDF files thinking I needed this option with the new Edge browser. Since then all my
    Adobe files on my hard drive open with Edge only. I have full Adobe on my hard drive, have tried to go in and disable this Edge connection but no luck. Can someone tell me how to a) uninstall Edge or b) disable requiring Edge to open a PDF. I have tried Open
    With options and restore previous versions, changing all from Edge to Adobe, but my hard drive continues to convert all PDF files to open with Edge first. Also went into Adobe program and made correct settings active. How do I disable this Edge connection?
    Help please.

John 126, Nov 29, 2015
  4. Fuzzy38 Win User

Outlook mail opens in Edge and I can't use Adobe options

Sandy,
    The same thing happened to me after this most recent update. It also set an option in printers to set the last used as default...anyway, for your issue...this is what I did...go to a folder where you have a pdf document-all of mine where changed to edge! anyway, right click on one of them and click open with; then- choose another app; then adobe and then click always use this app to open these files! That worked for me! Good Luck!

Fuzzy38, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

Outlook mail opens in Edge and I can't use Adobe options

1. Outlook mail opens in Edge and I can't use Adobe options - Similar Threads - Outlook mail opens

2. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  3. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  4. Outlook Mail won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook Mail won't open: The last few days, the application does not open on my laptop, I restarted the app twice to see if the problem was solved but nothing. Any solution?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-wont-open/83db6c02-c062-4282-b220-308f0db0fbf9
  5. I can't open Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't open Edge: I can't access Edge - a message appears giving me a warning that I have had too many repeated authentication attempts. I don't understand what the message is all about. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-edge/1ef155bc-d74e-4235-8e77-a44818eafbae
  6. I can't open Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open Outlook: When I try to open outlook it says my profile is missing some information but I don't know where my profile is. can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-outlook/da1bf6b1-f70c-4bc5-afe1-ddbb66a705fa
  7. G Mail will not open on Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    G Mail will not open on Edge.: I want to use Edge as my preferred browser - but it will not open G Mail. I know this question has been asked many times before - is there an answer that worked ?...
  8. Can't link MS Word to Mail 10. I do not use Outlook.

Can't link MS Word to Mail 10. I do not use Outlook.: Error message "Word couldn't sent mail because of MAPI failure: "Unspecified error". Word used to be linked to Postbox, but due to numerous issues with Postbox, I went with Mail 10 when I upgraded to Windows 10. I have the MS Office Home and Student 2013 version. Note: I...
  9. Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Access Yahoo Mail using Edge Browser: Ever since I've been using Edge, I'm never able to get into my Yahoo mail. Instead, I get a message, "Please reload the page and try again or use another browser". Reloading doesn't help. I have other browsers I can use, but if I'm already using Edge, it would be more...
  10. How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge

How to use Adobe Reader to open PDF's instead of Edge: I open a lot of manuals and Edge is so basic. It shows nothing from introduction to index just the manual. I used to be able to go to the index and find the specific part of the manual I need. Has Microsoft blocked this. REO 16350

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open pdfs 0 saved from outlook