Windows 10: Outlook mail stopped receiving mail

Discus and support Outlook mail stopped receiving mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All: I just didn't think I was getting mail for a couple of days! So I sent several Emails to him & didn't get an answer! The I received phone... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tully, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Tully Win User

Outlook mail stopped receiving mail

All:

I just didn't think I was getting mail for a couple of days!
    So I sent several Emails to him & didn't get an answer!

The I received phone call from him which was unusual as he lives in the US Virgin Island & I live I Ireland!

He said he was getting my Emails, but I wasn't answering them!
    This was very unusual as I never had an problems with Email!

I tried everything & could not find an answer!

Any solutions out there?

:)

Tully, Mar 10, 2017

2. calender sync outlook & phone

In outlook a reminder per e-mail is always present. I did always receive this e-mail reminder. About a month ago it just stopped. Why? How can I change back to the previous situation?

Jaapvan der Horst, Mar 10, 2017
  3. Error Code 0x85050041

Am receiving this error code each time I attempt to access mail via windows 10 mail window.

I did first receive it last week but it then stopped happening and mail was received okay. It then started to happen again from Wednesday of this week ie 7th September.

I also have windows 10 on my laptop and have not had any problem with that system albeit it is the same windows 10.

I would appreciated some clear direction about what I can do to stop this happening and recover my Outlook e mail service.

PhilipFairclough, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Outlook mail stopped receiving mail

Hi Tully

When you say Outlook do you mean Outlook 20xx, Outlook the app or web mail at Outlook.com.

Plenty of problems problems with email this week, Outlook.com (hotmail, live, msn) had a huge issue March 7th and I know Gmail also had some issues as my phone wouldn't connect to gmail.

The way I resolved, I went through the logging in / setup process. Now I will note, I use two step verification on my Outlook.com account and when I set it up originally on phone I had to use an app password, which is not my normal web log in password. It wouldn't accept my app password and so I had to use my normal password. My Outlook 2013 had no issues.

So depending on mail service used, gmail or Outlook.com, i would go through that set up process, even if just to test send / receive.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 10, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook mail stopped receiving mail

1. Outlook mail stopped receiving mail - Similar Threads - Outlook mail stopped

2. Outlook mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook mail: I tried to change my password on Outlook. They only give me an option as "text" with my last two numbers as my home phone no. I do not have text. When I put the last four digits in for my phone no. where it says text I don't get a verification code. I don't have text...
  3. Windows Mail not receiving emails but Outlook does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail not receiving emails but Outlook does: Hi,My windows mail receives email from an outlook account fine but it does not receive anything from my school email everything is fine on the web version and outlook softwareIt's probably not a firewall problem, too, I tried everything according to the internet....
  4. mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive

mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive: mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive. What is the remedy? thanks jp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailoutlook-mail/8fd6a777-8d82-4ca3-9c0a-cb090ddac574
  5. not receiving mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    not receiving mail: Refers to microsoft windows mail I was using outlook 2007 but decided to progress to Microsoft Mail win10 I have opened 2 accounts gmail and an internet provider and linked them. However, I see only the gmail mails. Since I don't know whether the 2nd was opened as a POP or...
  6. Mail not receiving

Mail not receiving: Hi, I've set up an IMAP email account in Windows 10 mail application. Ive successfully tested the outbound email traffic but nothing is incoming. The senders are all receiving Failure Notices. There is no explanation in the returned emails other than to say Sorry, we...
  7. outlook mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook mail: I can no longer open links in email that i have recieved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail/29ee560a-019a-4a59-9525-ce2495827b7a
  8. Cannot Receive e-mail on Mail or Outlook

Cannot Receive e-mail on Mail or Outlook: I'm no longer able to receive e-mail on a POP account through Outlook 2010 or Mail apps. Windows keeps asking for the password, and I keep entering it. I re-entered the password in the two apps, and still, it gets rejected. The password hasn't been changed, and it still...
  9. New Laptop Outlook receives mail but will not send it

New Laptop Outlook receives mail but will not send it: Set up email on son's new windows 10 laptop. Set up outlook.com email address. Sent some emails to this new address which have been received. However I cannot send any emails...get error saying "we weren't able to send this message" …….???...
  10. Outlook Mail

Outlook Mail: WHY DO DIFFERENT ADDRESSES FOR ME AS A CONTACT POP UP IE, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. i CANNOT REMOVE THE OLD ALIUS OR ANYONE ELSE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/outlook-mail/af05a55e-f3fd-44cd-8354-f8efee789ce0