Windows 10: Outlook not finding Exchange???

Discus and support Outlook not finding Exchange??? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a clean install on build 9879. While making this computer ready to use I installed Office 2010. When I went to setup my regular Microsoft... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by itcinc, Dec 16, 2014.

1. itcinc Win User

Outlook not finding Exchange???

I have a clean install on build 9879. While making this computer ready to use I installed Office 2010.

When I went to setup my regular Microsoft Exchange cloud hosted account in Outlook it could not find the server. It would not find it with SSL or without. I tried a manual server configurations similar to a POP configuration - outlook.office365.com but still no luck. I deleted the Outlook profile and retried several times - no luck. All of the manual server setup methods I have seen have been negated by Microsoft changes. Seems like it has to work with autodiscovery or it does not get installed.

OK - I thought maybe this was an Outlook 2010 problem so I downloaded an Office 2013 preview. Uninstalled Office 2010 and installed Office 2013. However, exact same problem with not finding the Exchange server.

Anybody else have any trouble with this? Thanks.

Ron

:)

itcinc, Dec 16, 2014

2. Finding a downloaded file from outlook email

I recommend you change your habits. When working on the attachment of an E-Mail you received, you should do this:

• Double-click the attachment to open it.
    • Click "File / Save as" to save it in a suitable location.
    • Do your editing.
    You can probably find the missing file here unless Windows deleted it when you closed Outlook:

c:\Users\Carol\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\???????

"????????" could be anything.

Frederik Long, Dec 16, 2014
  3. finding MS Outlook .pst files on backup

Google "knows" when you ask it like so:

Show hidden files in Windows 10

Frederik Long, Dec 16, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

Using Outlook 2010 you must first set Office 365 to use current Office desktop apps as told in here: https://support.office.com/en-US/Art...4-c642720108f7. Outlook 2013 does this automatically.

Assuming you have connected your own email domain to Office 365 (instead of using the default AnyName.microsoftonline.com domain), check the CNAME records by your domain hosting company's admin panel. The Autodiscover has to point to autodiscover.outlook.com (screenshot from my host GoDaddy, your actual view may be different):

Outlook not finding Exchange??? [​IMG]

That done, go to Admin Center > Domains of your Office 365 for Business and check that your domain setup is complete (#1 in screenshot):

If not complete, finish the domain setup. If doing the domain setup manually, click Manage DNS (#2 in screenshot above) to see which CNAME settings you have change on your domain admin panel by hosting company.

If CNAME records by hosting company are correct and Office Admin Center tells the domain setup is completed you can setup your Office 365 for Business email account in Outlook 2013. You must use the automatic (autodiscover) setup method, manual setup with POP / IMAP only allows write / read (send / receive) but not contacts, calendar and so on:

More: https://support.office.com/en-US/Art...__toc332372186

Thema:

1. Outlook not finding Exchange??? - Similar Threads - Outlook finding Exchange

2. Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Exchange, Gmail account in Outlook, sync contacts possible?: I have Office 365, Outlook on Exchange and within Outlook I also have have 2 Gmail accounts (IMAP). Currently I am using a 3rd party tool to sync contacts (exporting to and importing from vCards) so as to sync contacts and have them available on smartphone devices. The...
  3. outlook cannot connect to the exchange server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook cannot connect to the exchange server: I have inserted the code from microsoft but still can't get access. Flew from Cayman to Boston today. Should I not travel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-cannot-connect-to-the-exchange-server/380af18c-8eba-498d-a25a-a22f64e0f645
  4. outlook 2010 remove microft exchange

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook 2010 remove microft exchange: deleted microsoft 2010 and reloaded micorsoft exchange will not uninstall. Tired all methods do not work. Ask to setup exchange to erase file. can not do that either. How do I remove it?...
  5. cannot set up outlook with exchange account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot set up outlook with exchange account: I cannot set up my Microsoft 365 account with my exchange account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/cannot-set-up-outlook-with-exchange-account/8cdf4031-12a9-48ff-b102-12780d345989
  6. Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 with Exchange/Domains: I'm not sure if a recent update to Outlook 2016 (I subscribe to Office 365) introduced this or not... Recently, I'm frequently prompted for my password for an email where I'm an independent contractor. If I set the account up as new, it goes through fine. Periodically...
  7. Outlook & Exchange 2016 issues with moved mailbox

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook & Exchange 2016 issues with moved mailbox: I thought I would just share some knowledge after 2 days of mucking around trying to get my email working again. I run my own Exchange 2016 server and use Outlook to connect to it and read my emails. Yesterday all of a sudden it started throwing up a message stating that...
  8. Outlook wont open on windows 10 (exchange)

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook wont open on windows 10 (exchange): I upgraded to windows 10 on sunday and now my outlook which is our company exchange server will not open. It did open at first, however it did not send emails, now it wont open at all. help! 13387
  9. Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010: Hi There, I'm trying to configure Outlook 2016 on Windows 10, connected to a local network. However if I auto set up Outlook it doesn't go through and comes up with ''the Microsoft exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your...
  10. Deprecating support for SmartScreen in Outlook and Exchange

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecating support for SmartScreen in Outlook and Exchange: What are we announcing? On November 1, 2016, Microsoft will stop generating updates for the SmartScreen spam filters in Exchange Server 2016 and earlier (2013, 2010, 2007), Outlook 2016 for Windows and earlier (2013, 2010, 2007) and Outlook 2011 for Mac. The SmartScreen...