Windows 10: Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

Discus and support Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I exported Windows Live Contacts from Windows 7 computer and imported them into Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. The contacts appear in Outlook People and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by abredt, Apr 2, 2017.

1. abredt Win User

Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

I exported Windows Live Contacts from Windows 7 computer and imported them into Outlook 2016 on Windows 10.
    The contacts appear in Outlook People and in Address Book.

The Contacts folder in C: >Users>Username>Contacts is empty.
    I am the only user.

Should the contacts also be in there?
    How can I get them there?
    Thanks, cb

:)

abredt, Apr 2, 2017
  2. Lap Pham Win User

Windows account contacts disappeared from phone

I encountered this problem today with my 550 and managed to solve it. It is related to

Contact Folder in Outlook People

When I check the Outlook People on the web, I found out that there are
    2 default Contact Folders
    , one with the name "Contacts" (supposed to be the real original folder) and one with the name "Danh bạ" (meaning contact in Vietnamese, my phone language is Vietnamese and I don't create this folder myself.) I can see all
    of my contacts in the original folder, but the 'fake' folder does not contain any contacts. I tried to delete that empty folder by using Outlook 2016 but impossible, it seems Outlook treats it as a default folder and does not let me delete it. Then I tried
    the opposite way, that is copying all contacts from the original folder to that fake folder and synced the Microsoft account. Now all contacts return in my People Hub again.

You can go to the
    People web
    to check if you have an empty contact folder or not. In my case it is a contact folder labeled in Vietnamese.

Lap Pham, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Windows account contacts disappeared from phone

It work for me too, but my fake folder is in English and my original is in Spanish. I don't know why it was in English, because my Lumia 650 is in Spanish.

RicardoMurphy, Apr 2, 2017
  4. Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

Hi abredt

No the contacts should not be in the Username Contact folder. This folder is used by Windows Fax and Windows Live(shelved).

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 7, 2017
  5. abredt Win User
    Thanks.

Can you tell me where the Contacts are stored?

I also want to back up the Contacts.

In Outlook, People I clicked to Export to a File. It lists Contacts and 2 folders under it with long numerical filenames. What are these folders?

Thanks, cb

abredt, Apr 9, 2017
  6. I export them directly from the web. I sign in my outlook.com account (or hotmail, msn, live all re-branded ) and export from there.

If you one of these accounts log in, click on the nines squares, upper left, then click on People. When the window opens click on "manage", last item in list.

To prove it is working and you are getting everything I import in gmail. This works well for me a gmail is my emergency account so it helps me keep it fresh.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 10, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    Exporting contacts from outlook.com doesn't work for me in Chrome but does work in Edge / IE11.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

1. Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder - Similar Threads - Outlook Contacts Folder

2. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  3. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  4. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  5. People/Contacts

People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  6. Contacts from People to Outlook address book

Contacts from People to Outlook address book: How do I get my Windows 10 People address list into MS Outlook, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-from-people-to-outlook-address-book/0061408a-180a-4fac-a611-b37d85e98aba
  7. Problems adding Outlook People contact photo

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problems adding Outlook People contact photo: Good morning, When surfing to h t t p s : / / o u t l o o k . l i v e . c o m / p e o p l e / 0 / I can edit a contact , click the little photo camera , upload a photo , see the photo , click apply , click done . . . . . and nothing is there. [ATTACH] Did try to find a...
  8. Problems adding Outlook People contact photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems adding Outlook People contact photo: Good morning, When surfing to h t t p s : / / o u t l o o k . l i v e . c o m / p e o p l e / 0 / I can edit a contact , click the little photo camera , upload a photo , see the photo , click apply , click done . . . . . and nothing is there. [ATTACH] Did try to find a...
  9. Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People: I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth...
  10. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook people not syncing contacts in folders

2. people but not contacts outlook

3. windows contacts not in contacts folder

4. outlook contact folder not syncing with people,
  5. contacts in outlook live but not people,
  6. outlook and windows 10 people,
  7. why are there missing fonts in my french contacts