Windows 10: Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.

Discus and support Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I now get "Network Operation Failed" and below that, "Error with send/receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Maladapto, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Maladapto Win User

Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail.

I now get "Network Operation Failed"
    and below that,
    "Error with send/receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error: 80041004"

This Outlook install is part of Office 2010. Everything was running fine until this morning. I did a lot of searching and found a reference to a Control Panel setting. However, now, it appears that Control Panel has gone missing!!! I ran a utility on the command line, I forget the actual command, to deal with corrupted files. It found some issue, so it said. I rebooted. Nothing has changed... I've wasted the whole day so far.
    I don't know if it is related but I seem to also have problems on some web sites displaying images. As if the HTML is displayed only, without the css settings. (Chrome browser) - same on Firefox browser. Has anyone seen this kind of problem?

:)

Maladapto, Nov 26, 2015

2. Sync outlook calendar and contacts

My problem is solved. I noticed that the Send/Receive All Folders (F9 key) did not synchronize the Hotmail connector account. I then created a new Send/receive group for the Hotmail connector account only and defined it to sync every 10 minutes. Now new
    appointments added in the laptop outlook are synced to outlook.com in minutes.

Paulo Nunes 540, Nov 26, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    Problems with transfer/sync between Microsoft Outlook Calendar with Nokia Lumia 928?

Your phone has one microsoft account, right? The hotmail and outlook accounts are both microsoft accounts, same thing.

You have PC outlook, what year, with a working hotmail connector? It has a mail hotmail inbox that can send and receive mail?

garym123, Nov 26, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

If it's the Windows Control Panel you need, right-click the Start button [same look as on the Windows key] and choose Control Panel from the list.

Berton, Nov 26, 2015
  5. Maladapto Win User
    Thanks.
    This is all very strange.
    I checked the update status and found that "some updates failed to install" and so I queried update status and found a new build available. So I did the update which took about an hour.
    Restarted. Same problem.
    Left the computer off overnight.
    Restarted today. And it appears to have fixed itself.
    1. Control Panel is now available again from the start menu (it wasn't, before)
    2. Hotmail is now working again in Outlook.
    3. Web sites display properly again. (Before, images were not displaying and it seemed that the css files were not being read)
    - I have no explanation!

Maladapto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook send/receive problem with Hotmail. - Similar Threads - Outlook send receive

2. Outlook problem(email): will no longer receive or send mail!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook problem(email): will no longer receive or send mail!: Outlook (with Office 365) no longer receives mail. Mail "sent" is stuck in Outbox. I have searched all repair suggestions, even allowed M/S technician "Michael" to search my computer for a solution.; "cleaned disk" &c...
  3. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - SEND / RECEIVE IN OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - SEND / RECEIVE IN OUTLOOK: Hi, I'm getting the blue screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and I'm noticing it happens when I click Send / Receive in Outlook. I've run memory check and disk check, is this a known issue or could someone recommend a fix please, I don't want to have to reset the PC. Thanks...
  4. Hotmail/Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotmail/Outlook: I have Windows 10 and use Outlook as my email. Before Outlook I had a Hotmail email address and updated to Outlook when Microsoft said that Hotmail will no longer be used. I have been getting unwanted e-mails from my old Hotmail address. Is there any way I can delete my...
  5. New Laptop Outlook receives mail but will not send it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop Outlook receives mail but will not send it: Set up email on son's new windows 10 laptop. Set up outlook.com email address. Sent some emails to this new address which have been received. However I cannot send any emails...get error saying "we weren't able to send this message" …….???...
  6. Outlook & Hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook & Hotmail: Outlook Mail that I send to Hotmail.com is rejected. Any ideas Thanks 77094
  7. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending: Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email settings are IMAP Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked Incoming = 993 with SSL Outgoing = 587 with TLS...
  8. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails: I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method....
  9. @hotmail or @outlook?

in Browsers and Email
    @hotmail or @outlook?: I have had a hotmail address for a very long time, does it make a difference if I use @Hotmail or @Outlook? 69931
  10. Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f: To make more space on the C: drive, I moved onedrive folder to another another drive. Didn't realize that the pst file is residing under onedrive. I linked the outlook 2010 data file to the new location of pst file but cannot send or receive emails. Keep on getting...