Windows 10: Outlook sounds problem

Discus and support Outlook sounds problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Ive had ofice and outlook 2016 for ages. I also have have the old office sounds installed. Suddenly, yesterday, the sounds that play when I delete... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by wizardpc, Jul 4, 2017.

1. wizardpc Win User

Outlook sounds problem

Ive had ofice and outlook 2016 for ages. I also have have the old office sounds installed.

Suddenly, yesterday, the sounds that play when I delete an email, move an email etc changed to new sounds. They are office sounds but not the ones Im used to.

Ive uninstalled office sounds and even uninstalled and reinstalled office 2016 yet the new sounds persist - there doesn't seem anyway to change them even if I reninstall office sounds. making sound changes in the sound options doesnt have any effect

Can anyone shed any light on why this has suddenly happened or even better how to change the sounds?

regards

:)

wizardpc, Jul 4, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10 sounds

The Sounds tab controls Windows sounds. The sounds that are specific to Outlook are controlled in the Outlook options (File > Options.) If the sounds aren't coming from Windows or from Outlook, your guess is as good as mine. Some other program?

BulldogXX, Jul 4, 2017
  3. i4gann Win User
    New email notification not working on Windows 10 Mobile

Thank you very much. Your solution worked for me, I have a Lumina 735. But I did have the same problem as you wrt not getting the sound I wanted. So I went to Notifications & Actions and on both Outlook and Outlook Mail I set the Notification Sound of my
    choice. (I got my old WP8.1 sound back)

Hope this works for you too

i4gann, Jul 4, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Outlook sounds problem

Only thing I can think of is a possible Office update? I have Office 365 (including Outlook) and recently got an update. However, I don't use sounds so I can't say if that changed it. I have all sounds turned off as I also use my PC for my recording studio.

fireberd, Jul 4, 2017
  5. wizardpc Win User
    thats what I was thinking

Even if I uninstall sounds Im stuck with them and cant change them whatever I try

wizardpc, Jul 4, 2017
  6. Jonnyroz Win User
    Just happened to me this morning!

Tried all of the above, and System Restore, which failed. I also can't find any "Provide feedback with sounds" option in any Office app any more so I can't turn the sounds off either.

I get the "Cut" sound when Outlook launches, or when I change folders, and "Undo" whenever I delete an email.

Jonnyroz, Jul 6, 2017
  7. wizardpc Win User
    System restore failed for me too

Only way I could fix this was to uninstall office 2016 and intsall office 2013

all sounds working as they should now.

Cant really see any difference between outlook 2016 and outlook 2013 anyway

wizardpc, Jul 6, 2017
  8. Sualdam Win User

Outlook sounds problem

This was driving me nuts when it started yesterday without warning, and finding this thread was the result of me trying to locate a fix.

I tried Microsoft, and they wanted me to give them admin access without any preliminaries. I said I didn't have time, and they then told me to uninstall and reinstall office. I pointed out that it wasn't a fault as such - more of a change/feature. Then they gave me a link to the stuff I'd already found about disabling incoming mail alerts. No use at all.

Anyway, I don't know if this will help anyone, but after discovering that Excel had also acquired an annoying (and initially quite scary with the sound up full) new voice just for opening a file, I went into Accessibility settings in Excel's options and turned off sound feedback.

Guess what? It stopped Outlook doing it, too! No more drawn-out duck quack noise when I delete an email.

I hope this helps someone.

Sualdam, Jul 8, 2017
  9. Jonnyroz Win User
    Thank you! That's the option I was looking for. It used to be under Advanced but for some reason they've moved it to Ease Of Access.

It's a shame: I did like the old sounds, but silence is infinitely better than what we've got now.

Jonnyroz, Jul 8, 2017
  10. bpsanborn Win User
    Thanks from me as well. Instant fix to a really annoying side effect of an update

Brian

bpsanborn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook sounds problem

1. Outlook sounds problem - Similar Threads - Outlook sounds problem

2. Outlook Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Problems: I am having problems with Outlook it won't even run now and need a human to help. I saw links which supposedly made contact with MS Support but they don't work for me. How do I proceed?...
  3. Outlook problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook problems: A short time ago, and maybe as a result of one of the many Outlook auto-enhancements, my Outlook Email programme has developed some problems: 1. I am unable to view new messages in my Outlook Inbox without first refreshing the programme using the ‘Reload Page’ icon or by...
  4. Problem with Outlook

Problem with Outlook: I had not signed into Outlook for a long time. Today I went in and successfully changed my password. Then every time I tried to send a song to my gmail, Outlook would just give me an error message and tell me to sign in ... again, again and again. I am frustrated. The...
  5. outlook problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook problems: Hi everybody since last two week I have not been able to login my outllook account in the office.Our email provider says it has nothing to do with them. then I found out there was a glitch in outlook. My outlook in the office is part of my office 2016.how to fix this...
  6. Outlook problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook problem: I know I have posted before on a little problem with my email (am working with Hotmail right now) and try as I may I cannot set up other addresses that Microsoft keep requesting that I give them permission to import the messages I have I Gmail. So I tried setting up a Yahoo...
  7. Outlook problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook problem: I keep getting mails come through and especially from this forum that are marked as Junk. Now despite going to the Junk folder and right clicking the mail and marking it as not junk I am still getting mail I have done this with come through as junk with future mails and it...
  8. Outlook problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook problem: When I get into my outlook.live.com emails and the junk mail. I click the "select all" which it does. Then I click "not junk" which gives me 3 choices. I click on "block". Another window opens and tells me that such and such email and how ever many others will be block,...
  9. Problems with Outlook

Problems with Outlook: I've been having problems with the synchronization of folders process for incoming emails from my gmail account and have spent too many hours on-line with Microsoft technicians. Last time, after three hours, the technician informed me that there was a problem with the...
  10. Problem with Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Outlook: I am using Outlook.live.com as my email and I start the app up but it lasts for a second or so then goes to a blank page with only a new message avaialable. Any ideas please?? 122442