Windows 10: Outlook "Trial Expired" I want to use Gmail as my go to email

Discus and support Outlook "Trial Expired" I want to use Gmail as my go to email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot find the correct method for removing the expired trial version of Outlook which was included with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ricobob, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Ricobob Win User

Outlook "Trial Expired" I want to use Gmail as my go to email

Hello,

I cannot find the correct method for removing the expired trial version of Outlook which was included with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Home and Business Office 2010.

I have Word and also Excel which I use in my business. What I want to do is be able to use the "send email" tab in the Excel file drop down menu. But when I click on the send as email tab, Outlook Tries to open, but I get this message window: "Thank you for installing Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010. This trial has expired. You may purchase a full version at any time by clicking upgrade now (below)"

I do not use Outlook at all. I prefer to use gmail as the default email. I want to be able to click on any link to reply or send an email and have gmail pop open (like Outlook tries to do).

I have read several link articles on how to do this, but none have worked. ANYONE ??

Thanks!

:)

Ricobob, Feb 4, 2016

2. Windows Phone 8 wireless /wireless syncing and the "Follow-up" feature in Outlook 2010 dsktop software, does it work?

I'm going to try and ask a related question relating to the "Follow-up" reminder function in Outlook 2010, and using Outlook with a POP email (currnetly I use a Time Warner's Roadrunner email) or an IMPA email (I also use Gmail email). I noticed in Outlook
    that when use my Gmail, IMAP email the "Follow-up" reminder function is disabled (doesn't work) on Outlook, why is this the case? The POP email with my Outlook allows me to use the "Follow-up" email. Can you explain why this is the case?

SamDroulias, Feb 4, 2016
  3. El Jones Win User
    Home Office and Student 2010 on updated Window 8 to 10

I had Windows 7 and bought a new computer. I installed Office Home and Student 2010 on my new Windows 8 computer. All was fine. The new computer came with Outlook 2013 which was in a trial period; now expired. I still used Outlook but my trial is expired
    and I still get my emails, but can't do anything with archiving them or making new folders, etc.

I want to use my Office Home and Student 2010 instead of Outlook 2013 for my email. I don't want to lose my emails that are currently in my new and expired Outlook.

How do I put in the product key for my 2010 version and stop the trial 2013 Outlook version?

Thanks,

El

El Jones, Feb 4, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hey Ricobob-

I'm not as familiar with using strictly web-based email accounts (or Excel) as some, so there might very well be an easy way for you to do this without using any third party email programs, but what about installing Thunderbird (free)?

It sounds as if Outlook is the default email for Excel (??). I don't know if you are able to change the defaulted email client to what you want within Excel, or if it uses the system's defaulted email. I'm not even sure you can use a non-MS email client, as I know nothing about Excel.

You should be able to easily configure Thunderbird to work with your Gmail account. In fact, I think it might do most of it for you.

If interested in, see HERE and HERE.

b1rd, Feb 6, 2016
  5. Hi:

I am on Win7/64 and MS Office Pro Plus 2010, but it definitely works to use Thunderbird as the default email client for Excel (and Word and PPT and Publisher).

If I click "save and send" and "send as attachment" within any of those applications, it puts a call to my default email client, Thunderbird, and opens the message composition pane, with the file already attached.
    I just need to add the address of the recipient, a subject line and any desired message body content.

Unless M$ has changed something drastically for Win10, as long as you install and configure TB as your default email client, I would expect it would work the same way under Win10 as it does under Win7.

EDIT: And, yes, you can configure gmail (as well as ISP and Exchange accounts) in Thunderbird.

Cheers,

MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 6, 2016
  6. Ricobob Win User
    MM, Can you please describe the "steps" I need to do to install Thunderbird, then set it up as the default email, and then how to add gmail? Sorry I need the step by step procedure if you can provide it... Thanks

Ricobob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook "Trial Expired" I want to use Gmail as my go to email - Similar Threads - Outlook Trial Expired

2. I want to use my regular email account not outlook as my email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to use my regular email account not outlook as my email.: I do not want to use Outlook as my email account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-regular-email-account-not-outlook/e66ddacb-01d7-4df9-920d-e6ad2fea4840
  3. I want to use my regular email account not outlook as my email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to use my regular email account not outlook as my email.: I do not want to use Outlook as my email account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-use-my-regular-email-account-not-outlook/e66ddacb-01d7-4df9-920d-e6ad2fea4840
  4. Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help

in Browsers and Email
    Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help: Since Win 10 20H2 upgrade gmail email will not sync with outlook email. I know gmail does not think outlook is secure enough. Somewhere in gmail settings there is a permission to allow access to outlook. 174492
  5. Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Outlook email with gmail-Help: Since Win 10 20H2 upgrade gmail email will not sync with outlook email. I know gmail does not think outlook is secure enough. Somewhere in gmail settings there is a permission to allow access to outlook. 174492
  6. emails from gmail to outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    emails from gmail to outlook 2019: how to trasfer emails from gmail to outlook 2019 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-from-gmail-to-outlook-2019/fc22acc7-8dd2-48fb-a58b-2c0a3c43d39a
  7. How do I reconnect my gmail account to my outlook email?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I reconnect my gmail account to my outlook email?: I keep getting a circle of asking for login passwords then an error message. sorry we couldnt sign you in to Google - IMAP please try again later and I cant find any advice that works...
  8. The Office trial expired, what??

in Microsoft Office and 365
    The Office trial expired, what??: I've been running Office 2013 Professional for 4-5 years by now, the system started out as Windows 8.1. During this time the system had been restored from MR backup numerous times and had no issues with the Office licensing. About a week ego, the system had been restored...
  9. Surface Go - Gmail emails not synching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Go - Gmail emails not synching: I have set up my Surface Go using my personal Gmail account email but when setting up my email accounts on the tablet, it’s not synching my emails from that email address. It has set up the other 2 emails easily and all emails are coming through (another Gmail address and a...
  10. trial period expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    trial period expired: i just installed win 10 on a new computer , when it boots up , i cannot even open the start menu , it gives error that the trial version for that app has expired and i need to go to the store and update. the desktop is not even working , i really could use some help...