Windows 10: Outlook webmail attachments autosaving instead of opening

Discus and support Outlook webmail attachments autosaving instead of opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a user that prefers the online version of Outlook even though we have the standalone module, he prefers to use it online. He gets Excel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kgamez, Aug 20, 2018.

1. kgamez Win User

Outlook webmail attachments autosaving instead of opening

I have a user that prefers the online version of Outlook even though we have the standalone module, he prefers to use it online. He gets Excel attachments every day that he needs to open and print- he doesn't need to save them to his desktop but it forces him to. This is the 2016 version and the email from the county (that won't change) is a compatible version that saves as such (Word 97-2003 document). I can't find the setting to change the auto-download option. It saves it correctly when logged in to the module, just not online.

The computer is a Dell on Win 10.

:)

kgamez, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Aug 20, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Aug 20, 2018
  4. michael Win User

usb webmail notifier not working.

Hi guys,

I bought this usb webmail notifier, which is not working in windows 7

USB Webmail Notifier

after installation when I clcik on s/w to open it shows some drop down list to select some netcard but nothing appears on it.

Please guide, I have seen some guys made it working, is there any way to make it work on win7.

michael, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook webmail attachments autosaving instead of opening - Similar Threads - Outlook webmail attachments

2. Calendar Widget opens the Outlook website instead of the Outlook app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar Widget opens the Outlook website instead of the Outlook app: Whenever I click on an event in the Calendar widget, it open the outlook website instead of the native app that i have installedThe new outlook.is there any way to make sure it opens in the app?...
  3. Outlook webmail changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook webmail changed: Has Outlook web mail changed? Tonight I no longer have my email template with my signature. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-webmail-changed/f112e84f-30e6-4e76-8187-286213c47775
  4. Outlook webmail changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook webmail changed: Has Outlook web mail changed? Tonight I no longer have my email template with my signature. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-webmail-changed/f112e84f-30e6-4e76-8187-286213c47775
  5. Attachments opening in Word instead of downloading to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Attachments opening in Word instead of downloading to PC: I use a Mac at work and a PC at home, so I use icloud.com on the infrequent occasion that I work from home. This means that I download documents from icloud.com, save them to my laptop, and open them in Word online. Recently the documents started opening in Word, rather than...
  6. Webmail

in Browsers and Email
    Webmail: If I was to change to Webmail would it take both my gmail and plusnet address's?? also could I transfer all address's to it, I have them in a CSV file. Win10 149805
  7. Open Outlook Attachment With...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Outlook Attachment With...: Win10 1909. If I receive a JPEG attached to an Outlook 2019 email I click to open it... [img] Problem is that this selection does not persist in Outlook, the next time I open a JPEG attachment I again get this selection window. The setting persists for all other...
  8. Outlook Webmail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook Webmail: Hello, I ma trying to access my government email, and I am continuously getting prompted for my smartcard PIN. This makes my webmail unusable with the prompt continuously popping up. How can I get this to stop? I have tried using Edge, IE11, and Chrome and they all...
  9. Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement: I received mt E ticket via my Hotmail account but Outlook will not open the PDF attachment Air Canada sent via my hotmail account? I guess they are trying to force me to purchase the upgraded version!!!!!...
  10. Cannot open or preview Outlook attachments anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open or preview Outlook attachments anymore: Upgraded Win 7 Pro to Win 10 pro. Using Outlook 2013. Office attachments (word, excel etc...) can no longer be previewed or open directly from within the email. Now have to drag to desktop to open. Windows seems to report that the files are corrupt when attempting to open...