Windows 10: Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

Discus and support Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I cannot get Microsoft Outlook on my Win 10 Laptop to login with the details of my gmail account. Using: Name, User name, and correct... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Traveller11, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

Hi Folks,

I cannot get Microsoft Outlook on my Win 10 Laptop to login with the details of my gmail account.

Using: Name, User name, and correct security for SSL and TLS, I keep getting the error message advising me that my Login details have been rejected by the server.

The annoying part is that my iPhone logs in then downloads and sends any mails no problem.

The laptop is 'clean' having run the Antivirus program.

While I have not been able to resolve this issue as I even removed the gmail account from Outlook and tried setting it up again as a new account!
    Still didn't work.

Can anyone help resolve this please?

Thanks

:)

Traveller11, Apr 5, 2017

2. How to configure remote email in N95

I can recommend Googlemail for an email solution, I have several accounts set up, including my personal pop3 account, and also my googlemail account...

Googlemail allows for pop3 access, but also has a program you can install on your phone, which is its own mail client... It's seriously good, and allows you to filter by lables / starred messages - definitely worth looking into Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail. :)

RichCowell, Apr 5, 2017
  3. peterg136 Win User
    Backup to to a pen drive on windows 10 laptop

I have again set the screenshots, previously sent via Outlook 2016, this time via my Googlemail on Microsoft Edge

peterg136, Apr 5, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

Hi Traveller11, I assume that your using the Outlook that comes with Office, right? If so then your regular gmail password will not work. You will need to sign into your Gmail account and generate an "app specific" password to use with Outlook. That's how Gmail works with the IMAP protocol in Outlook. Gmail has a help page that will show you how to do this. The app specific password is buried on one of the pages in your account setup. I had a hard time finding it. The good news is that you only need to do it once. Be sure you record the password in case you ever need to set up Outlook again.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2017
  5. Hi SoFine409.

Hate too say this but the account is set up as POP.
    My apologies as I forgot to include that in my original post.

Traveller11, Apr 6, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    If you have set up two-factor authentication on your Gmail account then you'll need an app specific password whether it's pop or imap.

Bastet, Apr 6, 2017
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    Good point, I didn't think about that. I set mine up as IMAP so I could manage Gmail from multipole devices. Handy when you go on vacation.

SoFine409, Apr 6, 2017
  8. Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

Sorry to clarify but 2 Factor Authentication is only applicable to Apple Products, it is not required and cannot be used on Widows 10 Laptops that also use Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 as their email program, and tat is what I am using.

Traveller11, Apr 7, 2017
  9. Bastet Win User
    I apologise, yes Apple use 2 factor authentication, I meant 2 step authentication which I have on my Gmail account as well as my Yahoo account & MS account, whenever I log into any of those accounts on an unknown device I receive a code which I enter onscreen to continue the log in, it's roughly the same principle to secure the account.

Bastet, Apr 8, 2017
  10. Hello Bastet,

Thank you,

One further point that might throw some light on why this is happening.

I have 2 gmail accounts on my Windows Laptop using Microsoft Office Outlook.

While both were configured with exactly the same encryption/security SSL/TLS settings the first one has caused no problems, while the second refused to connect to Gmail until I went to a lower level of access security as 'offered' by Gmail.

As that email address now works then OK, BUT Google cannot tell me and will not respond to the simple question of "How do I get back to the level of security I had previously as the first email address has not had any problems and functions using the increased security level?"

Traveller11, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

1. Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail. - Similar Threads - Outlook allow login

2. Remote Desktop: Allow admin to login without user confirmation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop: Allow admin to login without user confirmation: Dear all, I have two windows computer one comes with WIN 10 Pro v1809 and the other is WIN 10 Pro v1903. Whenever I try to access the WIN 10 Pro v1903 a pop msg appear on that user asking him for his permission with counting numbers if he did not press allow the request...
  3. Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should Hybrid joined computers allow login with UPN first: Hi, I'm looking to understand if hybrid domain joined computers should be able to logon with the users UPN in the first instance when no direct line of site to an on premises domain controller. We have examples at our organisation where a user is permanently based offsite...
  4. Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation: I am creating a local account. The wizard has me set the username, password, and recovery questions. When that user attempts to login it's asking for email address and password. I then change the Login Options to Username, but now it wants a PIN, which I have not....
  5. Facebook App on Windows 10 Won't allow login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook App on Windows 10 Won't allow login: When I try to login to Facebook on a Surface Pro running Windows 10 I get the message: [ATTACH] I can get to my Facebook through a browser on my Surface and via the app and browser on my IOS devices and it all works OK. Nowhere does there seem to be any way there of...
  6. Windows Live password change not allowing windows 10 login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Live password change not allowing windows 10 login: Hello, I am reaching out to you due to an issue with a family friend's computer. They had allowed somebody access to their computer and they had changed the password upon time of being remoted in. They had changed the account password. Well due to this the friends were unable...
  7. Credential provider allowing login with no password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential provider allowing login with no password: Hello, I've done a custom credential provider, as the one in the microsofts examples. until now, I'm able to work well with it, but I need to change the credentials needed for the authentication (i.e. login in the user account without the password). I believe that to...
  8. Signing in to Googlemail (or not)

in Browsers and Email
    Signing in to Googlemail (or not): Hi There Is there a simple way to disable the need to sign into Gmail lease. I have Googled same question, but the suggestions don't work out when I try. 71809
  9. Using non-login Outlook account in Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Using non-login Outlook account in Mail?: Is it possible to use a non-login email in the Mail app? I login to Windows using my personal Outlook/Microsoft account. I'd like to use my blog's Outlook address in the Mail app, so I don't need to use the web interface when replying to emails. Is this possible without...
  10. WIN10 can not login to allow network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN10 can not login to allow network access: My Cloud Mirror access is impossible via logging in with network credentials for my device. I can not turn on file history in Windows to organize/ access the files from this HP8000 Elite PC. I have tried every ID and password combination I know and nothing works. For...