Windows 10: Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

Discus and support Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I cannot get Microsoft Outlook on my Win 10 Laptop to login with the details of my gmail account. Using: Name, User name, and correct... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Traveller11, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

Hi Folks,

I cannot get Microsoft Outlook on my Win 10 Laptop to login with the details of my gmail account.

Using: Name, User name, and correct security for SSL and TLS, I keep getting the error message advising me that my Login details have been rejected by the server.

The annoying part is that my iPhone logs in then downloads and sends any mails no problem.

The laptop is 'clean' having run the Antivirus program.

While I have not been able to resolve this issue as I even removed the gmail account from Outlook and tried setting it up again as a new account!
    Still didn't work.

Can anyone help resolve this please?

Thanks

:)

Traveller11, Apr 5, 2017

2. How to configure remote email in N95

I can recommend Googlemail for an email solution, I have several accounts set up, including my personal pop3 account, and also my googlemail account...

Googlemail allows for pop3 access, but also has a program you can install on your phone, which is its own mail client... It's seriously good, and allows you to filter by lables / starred messages - definitely worth looking into Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail. :)

RichCowell, Apr 5, 2017
  3. peterg136 Win User
    Backup to to a pen drive on windows 10 laptop

I have again set the screenshots, previously sent via Outlook 2016, this time via my Googlemail on Microsoft Edge

peterg136, Apr 5, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

Hi Traveller11, I assume that your using the Outlook that comes with Office, right? If so then your regular gmail password will not work. You will need to sign into your Gmail account and generate an "app specific" password to use with Outlook. That's how Gmail works with the IMAP protocol in Outlook. Gmail has a help page that will show you how to do this. The app specific password is buried on one of the pages in your account setup. I had a hard time finding it. The good news is that you only need to do it once. Be sure you record the password in case you ever need to set up Outlook again.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2017
  5. Hi SoFine409.

Hate too say this but the account is set up as POP.
    My apologies as I forgot to include that in my original post.

Traveller11, Apr 6, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    If you have set up two-factor authentication on your Gmail account then you'll need an app specific password whether it's pop or imap.

Bastet, Apr 6, 2017
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    Good point, I didn't think about that. I set mine up as IMAP so I could manage Gmail from multipole devices. Handy when you go on vacation.

SoFine409, Apr 6, 2017
  8. Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

Sorry to clarify but 2 Factor Authentication is only applicable to Apple Products, it is not required and cannot be used on Widows 10 Laptops that also use Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 as their email program, and tat is what I am using.

Traveller11, Apr 7, 2017
  9. Bastet Win User
    I apologise, yes Apple use 2 factor authentication, I meant 2 step authentication which I have on my Gmail account as well as my Yahoo account & MS account, whenever I log into any of those accounts on an unknown device I receive a code which I enter onscreen to continue the log in, it's roughly the same principle to secure the account.

Bastet, Apr 8, 2017
  10. Hello Bastet,

Thank you,

One further point that might throw some light on why this is happening.

I have 2 gmail accounts on my Windows Laptop using Microsoft Office Outlook.

While both were configured with exactly the same encryption/security SSL/TLS settings the first one has caused no problems, while the second refused to connect to Gmail until I went to a lower level of access security as 'offered' by Gmail.

As that email address now works then OK, BUT Google cannot tell me and will not respond to the simple question of "How do I get back to the level of security I had previously as the first email address has not had any problems and functions using the increased security level?"

Traveller11, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail.

1. Outlook will not allow login to Googlemail. - Similar Threads - Outlook allow login

2. Outlook is refusing to login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outlook is refusing to login: Hi Support team,I have a laptop with Windows 10 64 bits, the laptop is domain joined and the user logs in with his credentials. We tried to connect his email on outlook without success, but he can connect his account when he is logged in with local admin account of the...
  3. Outlook is refusing to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook is refusing to login: Hi Support team,I have a laptop with Windows 10 64 bits, the laptop is domain joined and the user logs in with his credentials. We tried to connect his email on outlook without success, but he can connect his account when he is logged in with local admin account of the...
  4. Outlook is refusing to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Messenger Live Tile will not allow login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger Live Tile will not allow login: I have Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo computer and a week ago something happened and I found I was logged out of the Messenger Live Tile. When I tried to log back in all I can get is an error message:This is the exact same login that I use for my Facebook account and I have no...
  6. Messenger Live Tile will not allow login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messenger Live Tile will not allow login: I have Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo computer and a week ago something happened and I found I was logged out of the Messenger Live Tile. When I tried to log back in all I can get is an error message:This is the exact same login that I use for my Facebook account and I have no...
  7. Suddenly Windows stopped allowing me to login with my PIN. I'm only allowed to login with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suddenly Windows stopped allowing me to login with my PIN. I'm only allowed to login with...: When I try to login with my PIN I can only type the PIN's first digit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-windows-stopped-allowing-me-to-login-with/e980fb58-66c4-4f07-a8b8-a74a287fc7d7
  8. Windows 10 Outlook login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Outlook login: Hi When I type in outlook.com no matter what browser I am using it automatically logs in to outlook. It does not prompt a login screen asking for used id and password. What do I need to do to fix this so it prompts for used id and password? Thanks so much for you...
  9. Credential provider allowing login with no password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential provider allowing login with no password: Hello, I've done a custom credential provider, as the one in the microsofts examples. until now, I'm able to work well with it, but I need to change the credentials needed for the authentication (i.e. login in the user account without the password). I believe that to...
  10. Signing in to Googlemail (or not)

in Browsers and Email
    Signing in to Googlemail (or not): Hi There Is there a simple way to disable the need to sign into Gmail lease. I have Googled same question, but the suggestions don't work out when I try. 71809