Windows 10: Outlook won't receive emails after Cumulative Update KB3200970

Discus and support Outlook won't receive emails after Cumulative Update KB3200970 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I had Cumulative Update KB3200970 for version 1607 install the other day and I have since not been able to receive any emails via Outlook. I was able... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by keithz829, Nov 12, 2016.

1. keithz829 Win User

Outlook won't receive emails after Cumulative Update KB3200970

I had Cumulative Update KB3200970 for version 1607 install the other day and I have since not been able to receive any emails via Outlook. I was able to prior to this update, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and Outlook seemed to be working. No other settings have been changed so this should not have happened.

Today, I shut down my system to move it and after booting it back up, Outlook isn't working again.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if you did, how did you resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

keith

:)

keithz829, Nov 12, 2016

2. Cumulative update (KB 3135173) fails to install, just like KB 3124262 and KB 3124263

I'm not sure yet, but I think the problem is solved now?! The only thing I've done.. I manually deleted the cumulative updates through the console, and installed the latest (for me) cumul. update KB3200970 manually aswell. After the restart there were no
    more updates available.

I hope the problem won't come up again.

Thanks to everyone.

Don Nizzle, Nov 12, 2016
  3. JamesEnus Win User
    Windows 10 Cumulative updates KB3200970 and KB3201845 failire

After 5 or 6 failures of KB3200970 I turned off windows updates waiting for the next cumulative update. KB 3201845 also fails.

hELP

JamesEnus, Nov 12, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Who is your Email/Internet Service Provider? Is it web based (ie) GMail, Yahoo mail, etc or is it by your ISP?
    In Google Search type your providers name with setup Email account in Outlook for whatever version. Go to File/Account settings/Change,. Make sure the settings are the same as listed on the web page as in your account.

spunk, Nov 12, 2016
  5. keithz829 Win User
    Thanks for responding spunk. My ISP is GoDaddy and I've checked my settings and everything is correct. I've even shut down completely and still get the same error. I still feel the evidence points to this latest update.

keith

keithz829, Nov 12, 2016
  6. keithz829 Win User
    It was the AVG email scanner. Everything worked as expected after I disabled it.

keithz829, Nov 12, 2016
  7. Hi:

Somewhat off-topic from the original issue, but "for what it's worth", Avast has announced purchase of AVG:
    https://press.avast.com/avast-announces-agreement-to-acquire-avg-for-13b
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/30928...n-for-avg.html
    Avast and AVG: A Future Together

I've never been a fan of AVG, although I'm sure that AVG customers are OK for now.
    But it might be time to start looking for a new AV.
    Or not.*Wink

Just mentioning it,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlook won't receive emails after Cumulative Update KB3200970 - Similar Threads - Outlook won't receive

2. Outlook stopped receiving emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook stopped receiving emails: About 1 month ago, my outlook programme just stopped receiving emails Any suggestions re why, and how can I correct that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-stopped-receiving-emails/b304d3d4-e228-4ee5-a578-a545ea8bd182
  3. Outlook 2007 receives emails but won't send over wifi. Multiple email

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 receives emails but won't send over wifi. Multiple email: Not sure if this has to the latest Win10 2004 update a few days ago or not. I have been using MS Outlook for many years with Cox.net and have no problems getting email from the cox mail server to Outlook. I have not changed any ports or anything else. All works fine on my...
  4. Outlook won't send/receive emails after last night's ungrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook won't send/receive emails after last night's ungrade: Received a Windows update last night 28th, now can't access my email accounts in Outlook. Access to other apps wiped out or eliminated, as well But I need help getting my emails. 3 different accounts I've checked that the username and passwords are correct. Help!...
  5. Can't Receive Emails in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Receive Emails in Outlook: Yesterday I noticed that I was able to receive emails in Outlook but they will not send. I went into my webmail account and was able to send emails from there - even to myself. When I try to send them from Outlook I receive the following error message: Task *** Email...
  6. Outlook emails won't update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook emails won't update: I receive a server network error pop up when trying access outlook for email. I also get a pop up to re authenticate my password. I have reset my password 2 times. This started when Google blocked my account when I used my iphone hot spot....
  7. Not Receiving email in Outlook after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Receiving email in Outlook after Windows 10 Update: I've spent the better part of 3 days trying to figure out WHY after the last Windows 10 update I am no longer receiving email. I chatted with two different Microsoft techs and the second one referred me to an Outlook Team (866-425-4826). I did not call after watching what...
  8. Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 won't receive email after Windows 10 startup: After starting up Windows 10 from shutdown, Outlook 2013 freezes trying to receive email. If I restart Windows 10, Outlook works. Interesting to note: The start up from shutdown is very quick--about 1 minute, but the restart takes between 3 - 5 minutes. Are there any...
  9. Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cumulative update kb3200970 installed manually...WU wants to download: After repeated problems with the update failing I did a clean install and installed kb3200970 manually from the windows catalogue and it shows as an installed update. Windows automatic updates wants to download and install it again. Is this really necessary? Any way to make...
  10. Cumulative Update KB3200970 Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.447

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB3200970 Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.447: Update: November 29th 2016 Windows 10 1607 is now a Current Branch for Business (CBB) release - Windows 10 Forums Update: November 9th 2016 This update is published for Windows 10 Mobile. It includes the same improvements and fixes from the update listed as...
Tags: