Windows 10: Outlooks 2016 New Mail Icon With Yellow Envelope is Missing In Taskbar

Discus and support Outlooks 2016 New Mail Icon With Yellow Envelope is Missing In Taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sometime in the last week or two I noticed Outlook's little yellow indicator for new email is missing in the taskbar. When a new email arrives,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Jan 18, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Outlooks 2016 New Mail Icon With Yellow Envelope is Missing In Taskbar

Sometime in the last week or two I noticed Outlook's little yellow indicator for new email is missing in the taskbar.
    When a new email arrives, Outlook plays a sound but does not display the yellow envelope. It will also display a Desktop Alert if asked to do so. I don't ask.

Here is what I have done:

1. Right clicked the taskbar and chose settings/notification/select which icons appear on the taskbar/Microsoft Outlook you have new unread email messages. That is ON.

2. In Outlook, chose File/Options/Mail/Message Arrival checked Play a Sound and also Show an envelope in the taskbar.

Windows 10 version is 1607 Build Number 1607 14393.693
    Office 2016 version is 1611 7571.2100.

I will really appreciate any help here.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jan 18, 2017
  2. Nanci P Win User

two issues with Outlook 2010 (Windows 10)

I have two small issues with Outlook 2010. Now that I've upgraded, there is no new mail sound and no envelope icon on the taskbar. The low battery sound goes off, but not the new mail. It used to, and when I test, there is sound, just not when mail comes
    in. Also, I've checked off the box to show the icon on my taskbar but it's not there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nanci

Nanci P, Jan 18, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - Action Center - Notifications

Hi PPaul13,

When you open your mail app an "envelope" icon will appear on your taskbar. I recommend you "right click" on the envelope and "left click" on "pin to taskbar".

Now you have an icon that will stay on your taskbar. You can open the mail app with a single left click on the envelope icon.

By just looking at that envelope icon you can tell if your mail app is open - when open a bright line underlines the envelope icon. If mail app is closed no underline appears.

After all that the question you ask is very easy. When the mail app is open there are three options in the top right corner. The "X" closes the mail app. The next symbol over "resizes" your mail app. And the MINUS SYMBOL reduces the mail app to your taskbar
    (indicated by the bright underline).

Let me know if you have any problems and let me know in a week if your notifications improve.

Remember to open and reduce the mail app every time your computer does a restart.

If your mail app is open and you are away from your computer and get mail while gone the "action center" icon in the far right side of the taskbar next to the time and date will be a solid white color until you open the mail app.

After that the "action center" icon will be black (it is a square shape with a point at the bottom and 3 horizontal lines inside).

Michael#tweet, Jan 18, 2017
  4. JJG10 Win User

Whoops! I knew I left something out.

I have also run sfc /scannow and it reported no problems.

JJG10, Jan 18, 2017
  5. In the taskbar on my laptop, as well as being notified via notifications, when I receive mail my white envelop shows closed,
    Once I click on it to read it and deleted them
    The envelop stays open.
    By the way I am using Edge Browser and none other
    Also all my e-mails that I receive from Yahoo, AOL and gmail all come into one inbox via being linked
    That way I don't miss any and saves time opening each source one by one

hTconeM9user, Jan 18, 2017
  6. JJG10 Win User
    Interesting. My envelope has always turned yellow whenever new mail arrived. Now when new mail comes nothing changes.

JJG10, Jan 18, 2017
  7. I would not worry too much about it as long as you are receiving your mail ok

hTconeM9user, Jan 18, 2017
  8. JJG10 Win User

It has been my practice to be able to just pass by my computer and with a glance to see if the little box is yellow telling me I nave a new email. It has been that way for years at least back to W7 and maybe XP and I would like to continue that. Had no problem with it in Windows 10 until a few days ago.

JJG10, Jan 18, 2017
  9. prikker Win User
    That's one of the annoyances of W10. Sometimes icons, always on the rightside, disappear from the taskbar. Today e.g. the icon of Malwarebytes disappeared. Restart is needed to bring it back.

prikker, Jan 18, 2017
  10. JJG10 Win User
    Thanks but the Outlook icon is over near the left side. Go figure!

JJG10, Jan 18, 2017
  11. prikker Win User
    Very strange indeed*Think

prikker, Jan 19, 2017
  12. It's working for me. But only on mail in my main Inbox. e-mail I move to subfolders with rules won't trigger it. It's always been like that though. And only on mail not marked as read. I have outlook set to make an e-mail as read after its selected for 5 seconds. Once that happens the envelop disappears. You also need the Icons in the taskbar set to large for it to work.

alphanumeric, Jan 22, 2017
  13. JJG10 Win User

Thank you.

I just marked the thread as 'Solved'.

After trying everything suggested here and on the MS Office Community forum I decided to restore my system to about a two week old Paragon system image and that cleared the problem up or should I say cleared up the problem. Simple System Restore did not.

I've still no idea what caused it but things now behave as I think they should.

Thanks again.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Outlooks 2016 New Mail Icon With Yellow Envelope is Missing In Taskbar - Similar Threads - Outlooks 2016 Mail

2. Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse: This morning this issue included icons for Amazon and Walmart not responding. I performed sfc /scannow with result stating: "Corrupt files were found and corrected".All others taskbar icons open as usual. What shall I do to fix the Outlook icon?...
  3. Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse: This morning this issue included icons for Amazon and Walmart not responding. I performed sfc /scannow with result stating: "Corrupt files were found and corrected".All others taskbar icons open as usual. What shall I do to fix the Outlook icon?...
  4. Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Missing envelope icon for new Outlook messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing envelope icon for new Outlook messages: Since installing Windows 11 my Outlook icon will no longer show the envelope symbol when new mail is received, despite this option still being ticked in Mail. Any thoughts? Thanks!...
  6. Missing envelope icon for new Outlook messages

Missing envelope icon for new Outlook messages: Since installing Windows 11 my Outlook icon will no longer show the envelope symbol when new mail is received, despite this option still being ticked in Mail. Any thoughts? Thanks!...
  7. outlook envelope icon not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    outlook envelope icon not showing notifications: My outlook envelope icon is in the taskbar but it stopped showing notifications, such as a "one" over it when I have a new email.How do I fix the notification problem. As I said the icon is there. Thanks...
  8. Mail/Envelopes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mail/Envelopes: In MS Word, the Mail/Envelope icon has disappeared. What do I do for envelope Printing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailenvelopes/e106ada5-b4de-4424-9d49-fbb4db995a17
  9. Mail Envelope

Mail Envelope: This is about the "Mail Envelope Icon". Of note, I always log-in and shut-down my email when I'm finished. I noticed the "Mail ICON" at the bottom of my task bar, it always seems to have my email OPEN. I was wondering how to close the emails from showing? I don't like...
  10. New Mail Alerts in Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    New Mail Alerts in Outlook 2016: I am running Outlook 2016 under Win 10. Under all previous versions of Outlook I have be enable to increase the time a new email alert stays on the screen by editing the registry like this. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\DesktopAlerts DWORD:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yellow envelope not show on outlook

2. little yellow envelope outlook

3. show yellow envelope icon on email for new email

4. envelope icon not showing for new email in outlook 2016,
  5. envelope on new email icon in outlook ,
  6. yellow notification envelope on windows 10 has disappeared?,
  7. outlook 2016 icon on taskbar new mail,
  8. new mail envelope notification on outlook missing,
  9. yellow envelope new mail taskbar,
  10. yellow envelope icon,
  11. how to get yellow envelope back in taskbar,