Windows 10: Output via hdmi problems

Discus and support Output via hdmi problems in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Basically I'm having issues with connecting my pc to my projector, because the second display settings from my previous connection to a TV are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Everyglenn17, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Output via hdmi problems

Basically I'm having issues with connecting my pc to my projector, because the second display settings from my previous connection to a TV are not compatible with the projectors parameters.

My previous settings were to display only on the TV at 1080/120 hz. My projector doesn't support 120hz, so I get a black screen on both monitor and projector.

Why doesn't Windows automatically detect and display at a lower setting? Why doesn't it reset to default when connecting to a new monitor? Any way to fix this aside from connecting to the TV (which is at a different location), changing to display on both pc and TV, and then connecting to projector and changing settings?

I don't believe the driver is the root of my problems.

:)

Everyglenn17, Jul 9, 2017
  2. [Epstein] Win User

Continuum on a laptop screen?

The display is via HDMI. The laptop HDMI is output.

[Epstein], Jul 9, 2017
  3. Microsoft Edge interferes with HDMI audio

I stream TV using a browser and connect to TV via HDMI output. Some resent update eliminated the HDMI audio from the output signal. There was no change in the audio driver and the HDMI audio controls seem unaffected but there is no audio output.

To check on whether it is a Microsoft Edge problem I downloaded and installed the Chrome broswer. The HDMI audio works well streaming under Chrome but not Microsoft Edge.

Is there a fix or workaround for HDMI audio under the latest version of Microsoft Edge?

This is very problematic for videostreaming. Thanks

Magicsteveb, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Output via hdmi problems

Press the Windows Logo Key *Start + the P key, then up or down arrow and enter. You may have to do it more than once. It should eventually switch to "PC screen only" and get you a working monitor. Then do it again and select Extend, and see if both work, If that works then do it once more and select Second Screen Only.

alphanumeric, Jul 10, 2017
  5. Thank you very much, solved my problem.

Everyglenn17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Output via hdmi problems

1. Output via hdmi problems - Similar Threads - Output via hdmi

2. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  3. hdmi output

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi output: i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/aa63273e-1a66-495a-b272-d3d32d8495fb
  4. HDMI Output Audio

HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  5. HDMI Output quit working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Output quit working: We have been watching a series on Amazon Prime Video for 3 days and now my laptop just quit sending the screen video and audio through the HDMI port to our TV. Any ideas how to check or fix the HDMI port?...
  6. Problem outputting 5.1 surround sound from PC via HDMI

Problem outputting 5.1 surround sound from PC via HDMI: I am running an HDMI cable from an HP PC to a 5.1 home theater system. Specifically the HDMI goes from the PC to a TV, then another HDMI goes from the TV into the 5.1 receiver. The non-PC portion of the setup works fine - the TV outputs 5.1 sound just fine when it's getting...
  7. HDMI Output to TV

HDMI Output to TV: I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I cannot get anything else from the computer to the TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV I see my background photo but I do not...
  8. HDMI connection Input or Output?

HDMI connection Input or Output?: I have a HP Laptop 15 and only ONE 1 HDMI connection. Is this an Input or Output? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-connection-input-or-output/d9fa377b-5491-4362-a79c-e306a05241c3
  9. HDMI output

HDMI output: I'm trying to run a projector from my Windows 10 laptop using HDMI to HDMI cable. The projector only shows background and taskbar. Using VGA to VGA cable worked fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/b3789904-ff58-4127-8138-ead5ae41f305
  10. Only Stereo Sound Output via HDMI Cable When 5.1 Available

Only Stereo Sound Output via HDMI Cable When 5.1 Available: Hi I have a Dell Studio 1749 laptop running Windows 10 64bit connected to a Bluray 5.1 surround sound home theatre system via HDMI cable for audio output through the 5.1 speakers and visual output on the HD TV. I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but I recently...