Windows 10: Outputting Directories To Text

Discus and support Outputting Directories To Text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i am trying to create a text file with a list of directories, but having troubles because i can't get as specific as i would like. Code: dir /s /b... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billybag, Jun 5, 2016.

1. billybag Win User

Outputting Directories To Text

i am trying to create a text file with a list of directories, but having troubles because i can't get as specific as i would like.

Code: dir /s /b /ad /on > filename.txt[/quote] and some programs i have tried aren't getting what i want exactly

1. the root directory name is redundant and i don't need it in my text file
    2. i would like some control over how deep the folders go
    3. if i can alphabetize the deepest directories, that would be great

why? My roommates want a list of movies that i have on my computer. They are all organized in a single subfolder (director, actor, decade, or genre). All i want is a list of each movie's folder (/Movie Folder/) and in alphabetical order. The programs i have tried insist on organizing them by its top directory.

Any ideas?

:)

billybag, Jun 5, 2016
  2. cfj12 Win User

Repeated Windows-10 BSODs

I've uploaded the text output of drive viewer to the one drive directory.

Thanks,

Chris

cfj12, Jun 5, 2016
  3. DoVo54 Win User
    How to disable Window automatic open file

Hi,

I am using windows 10 for my CAD/CAM software. When I run my CAD software it output a text file and save in c:\\temp directory. This text file have been output same prefix name just change extension EX:
    tem.123, tem.124.

Every time the CAD software save the file like that, Windows try to open that file and it raise question

\"How do you want to open this file\".

Please help me to disable the automatic open file in windows 7 or 10.

Thank you

DV

DoVo54, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Outputting Directories To Text

Try this

File Explorer
    Navigate to the parent folder or drive of your movie folders

in the search box, type the following

kind:=folder
    Click on the column heading to sort by that field (Name, Date modified, Type, etc)

When the search is complete, select all in the results
    On the Home menu - Select Copy path

Outputting Directories To Text [​IMG]

Then paste the clipboard in a text file

Slartybart, Jun 5, 2016
  5. billybag Win User
    YES! Thank you. This is a good method. I never knew you could do these things in file explorer

billybag, Jun 6, 2016
  6. Now you know *Wink

Glad it helped ... When you get the chance, please mark your thread solved

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Outputting Directories To Text

1. Outputting Directories To Text - Similar Threads - Outputting Directories Text

2. How to send Command Output to Text file

in Windows 10 News
    How to send Command Output to Text file: [IMG]Who besides me likes to keep a backup of their work? Microsoft has given an option in all their command-line utilities, Command Prompt, PowerShell, and Windows Terminal to send Command output to a text file. In this post, we will see how that’s done. How to send Command...
  3. Windows handwriting not outputting text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows handwriting not outputting text: I am using the language "English United States" which has handwriting support. When I try to use handwriting, my handwriting turns into text in the handwriting panel but it does not turn into text anywhere else. For example, when I select the search bar for google or any...
  4. Windows handwriting not outputting text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows handwriting not outputting text: I am using the language "English United States" which has handwriting support. When I try to use handwriting, my handwriting turns into text in the handwriting panel but it does not turn into text anywhere else. For example, when I select the search bar for google or any...
  5. Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory: Hello,As the title suggests, I recently set up VS2017 for C programming, installed everything I need, even the Intel compilers.I created a new project with all the include files, libraries and set up the folders to the latter in properties.That aside, the code in the source...
  6. Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio 2017 Does not link exe and output to the specified directory: Hello,As the title suggests, I recently set up VS2017 for C programming, installed everything I need, even the Intel compilers.I created a new project with all the include files, libraries and set up the folders to the latter in properties.That aside, the code in the source...
  7. Windows Output makes text look smeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Output makes text look smeared: Im having issues with my PC presenting text that looks like it has a red and greenish outline. On my laptop this does not occur through its external output, and it only happens on Windows and not Linux. Is there any troubleshooting I should do? Also if it would help, could...
  8. Hashing in powershell, output to a text file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hashing in powershell, output to a text file.: I want to hash file with sha512 and output it to txt file, as it doesn't show in powershell, because it is too long! So code is like this. Code: get-filehash "D:\files\OS\Linux\Debian\debian-10.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso" -Algorithm SHA512 c:\test.txt It gives error code like...
  9. Batch variable-text with distance to margin output?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch variable-text with distance to margin output?: Hello Together i want to set a user-defined variable that will not display the text on the far left. if you set/p n= hello writes the text is still displayed on the far left Batch variablen-text mit Abstand zum rand ausgeben?
  10. How to send cmd output results to text file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to send cmd output results to text file?: What do I need to add here to get the results sent to a text file on desktop? [img] Reason: Missing device in AIMP preferences: [img] Windows 10 1903 REF: GitHub - dechamps/FlexASIO: A flexible universal ASIO driver that uses the PortAudio sound I/O library. Supports...