Windows 10: Overall Experience with the Windows 10 Creators Update

Discus and support Overall Experience with the Windows 10 Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is my overall experience with the Windows 10 Creators Update. Everything works well. It seems fast. Microsoft Edge is so much better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Overall Experience with the Windows 10 Creators Update

This is my overall experience with the Windows 10 Creators Update.

Everything works well.

It seems fast.

Microsoft Edge is so much better than before when discussing speed and freezing. Microsoft Edge no longer freezes up when visiting other sites other than tenforums, banking accounts, and Microsoft. tenforums, our banking accounts, and Microsoft have always worked well with Edge.

Overall, I love all what they have done with it. It seems very nice and reliable.

Great job, Microsoft! *Smile *Thumbs

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 6, 2017

2. N900.. Your overall experience?

richwhite,

thank you for your response also! I really appreciate it.

I just have one quick question though.. in terms of the updates you mentioned, have any of those been actually mentioned? or were you just referring to the fact that it could be taken care of easily with *the possibilty* of an update?

Thanks in advance!

andrewy---01, Apr 6, 2017
  3. N900.. Your overall experience?

1. How would you rate your experience with the N900 from start to present? At least from what I incurred, there was a bit of a "rocky' start but I think it smoothed out?

My experience has been fine. I was able to update to v2 the day i got it so i avoided any problems in v1. Overall the phone has been brilliant, the only issue is the common bug that when you make a call, sometimes the other person is barely audible. But
    it happens rarely, and using a headphone stops it altogether and it's being fixed in an update, probably the next one.

2. How much potential do you see in the N900, vs. how much is there now - present day?

Lots. I think there will be amazing apps and with any luck Meego will hit the N900 at some point.

3. How is the feel of the keyboard?

Fine. Kinda awkward that the spacebar is on the right side and you have to lean over it, and truth be told i would have preferred a layout like the N97 with the spaces between buttons, but it isn't uncomfortable, actually i use it for 99% of my texts and
    emails.

4. Does the fact that it's a resistive touch screen vs. a capacitive one "ruin" in any way, your experience?

Nope, i've always preferred resistive. Sometimes you need to push something twice, but it's no biggie, i like that because it means you very rarely open something by mistake.

5. (For those that own or have owned a N97 and N900).... How are the two compared with each other? I know we may be talking on diferent levels, but what would you say the N97 is more geared towards, and the N900?

The N900 is everything the N97 promised to be, and more. The N97 tried to be the next generation smartphone but was crippled by being on Symbian and its terrible memory usage. The N900 has taken it to new levels.

6. Are there any problems that you still experience on a daily basis worth mentioning? i.e. automatic reboots, slowing of the user interface - even when a lot of programs aren't opened, etc.

None.

Overall i love the phone. There are a couple of niggles, like tapping the email notification sometimes opens the email client, sometimes it doesn't. Also tapping the notifcation doesn't go to the specific email or inbox, but just the client, so if you have
    multiple accounts like i do you have to check them all until you find it. This can be easily fixed in an update though.

richwhite---01, Apr 6, 2017
  4. BRKKAB Win User

Overall Experience with the Windows 10 Creators Update

I don't really use Edge. I use Opera & Chrome more.
    As far as the other stuff in Creators Update, it will be a While before I mess with it.
    I like the install/setup process more now.
    Turned all ads off right off the bat.

I don't see the Game Mode working with the majority of our games.
    My pc doesn't need it, really, as it's not low-end.
    The game recording I don't need, as AMD Crimson ReLive already has it.
    The 3D stuff, I'll probably never use.
    Problems with my hands due to diabetes, so I won't be drawing with a mouse anytime soon.
    That's by no means saying I dislike the Creators Update.
    I just did the upgrade install with it yesterday, as soon as it was available.
    Then this morning I found out Microsoft released the iso for it, so I did a clean install on my old pc.
    I hardly use my old pc, though.

BRKKAB, Apr 6, 2017
  5. I use Chrome on my Laptop. I don't use it on the Desktop, because the Desktop is too fast for Chrome. If Edge turns out to be as good and responsive as it is on my Laptop with no freezing up or not responding, I may just uninstall Chrome and use Edge. I will decide as I do more testing with it on the Laptop.

Jesse Williams, Apr 6, 2017
  6. No problems at all here. Nothing broke and as I use Edge for 90% of my browsing I'm very happy at its refinements. Quicker (noticeably). I've never had much of a problem with freezing as some have had, but it hasn't frozen or crashed once since I updated. As stated elsewhere here I probably won't use most of the new "features", but........ I didn't use all the OLD features either. I have a very quick and responsive machine and the new update just enhances that fact. I'm very happy with it.

indianacarnie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Overall Experience with the Windows 10 Creators Update

1. Overall Experience with the Windows 10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - Overall Experience Creators

2. Overall Windows 11 experience is bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overall Windows 11 experience is bad: Control panel used to be so easy to operate. Now the UI is so hard to navigate. Anyway we could bring back the old windows UI in windows 11? like when you want to get to the printer...it's all graphical...not just text....
  3. Overall Windows 11 experience is bad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overall Windows 11 experience is bad: Control panel used to be so easy to operate. Now the UI is so hard to navigate. Anyway we could bring back the old windows UI in windows 11? like when you want to get to the printer...it's all graphical...not just text....
  4. Windows 10 update 1809 experiences?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1809 experiences?: I'm an "old geek" with a small home network based on hardware and software that has mellowed with age, but survived software evolution so far. Under Windows for 20 years or more, every PC on my network had two or more local users, later Microsoft accounts that help set the...
  5. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  6. Windows 10 creator update

Windows 10 creator update: I have just bought new laptop HP Elitebook X360 , which come with win 10 pro , I want to know if updating to windows 10 creator will remove my pre installed app and programs that came with it from HP company or not ! As it has many security features and drivers that I...
  7. Windows 10 Creators Update

Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello,I am willing to try another more time (this will be the last try) to update my system.As you already know, my system is Windows 10, originally installed the Hebrew version and tailored on it the English language.Also installed Office 2007 and other programs...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...
  9. Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience

in Windows 10 News
    Managing Windows 10 Creators Update rollout for a seamless experience: Hi, everyone! Yesterday Yusuf Mehdi announced the availability of the Windows 10 Creators Update, the latest feature update to Windows 10. Today I’d like to share more information about our plans for rolling out the Creators Update. The Creators Update will begin to roll...
  10. New Share Experience in Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    New Share Experience in Windows 10 Creators Update: Here we’ll describe how we’ve made sharing in Windows 10 Creators Update better than ever before. In addition to refreshing the entire Share experience to make it easier to use, we’ve added new features and capabilities for developers. In this blog post, we’ll guide you...